What show or live song are you listening to now?

Misfit

6 hours ago, walter's walker said:

Listening to my Moonchild Records release of this show as I write this, it really *is* one of the best shows from the 1st half of the '75 U.S. Tour!

Absolutely.  I'd say second only to February 8 in Philadelphia.

7 hours ago, rjherm93 said:

June 29, 1980, Zurich. For some reason, the 1980 shows are just about the only tour I’ve never been able to get into. Can anyone else relate?

Sort of... For me it's hit and miss. I struggle to listen to a whole show, I mostly pick the gems out. from '69 to '75, I skip nothing (well, occasionally the drum solo to be completely honest), 1977, I skip the noise solo and sometimes one or two songs, but 1980 is a struggle. Zurich is one of the best 1980 shows and I rarely listen to it through. Trampled underfoot from that gig though is in the top 3 of all time. I'd go so far as to say it's up there with their best from any live song, so the gems can be real diamonds.

14 hours ago, rm2551 said:

Sort of... For me it's hit and miss. I struggle to listen to a whole show, I mostly pick the gems out. from '69 to '75, I skip nothing (well, occasionally the drum solo to be completely honest), 1977, I skip the noise solo and sometimes one or two songs, but 1980 is a struggle. Zurich is one of the best 1980 shows and I rarely listen to it through. Trampled underfoot from that gig though is in the top 3 of all time. I'd go so far as to say it's up there with their best from any live song, so the gems can be real diamonds.

For me, I find roughly the first half of the three 1980 shows I’ve heard (6/29, 6/30, and 7/7) to be fairly enjoyable up through Trampled Under Foot. After that it starts to get very hit or miss, since Page’s guitar playing isn’t what it was even in 79. 

To answer your other point, I feel almost the same way, except for the fact that I never skip the noise solos from 77, no matter how long and weird they are. The drum solos have always been hit or miss for me, even for the early years.

Out of curiosity, what other songs from 77 do you sometimes skip?

Edited by rjherm93

On 2/17/2021 at 10:39 AM, rm2551 said:

This picture really brings back memories of when the only real option for either obtaining or sharing new, live Led Zeppelin was via the trusty old cassette medium. I, probably like a lot of folks on this forum, had box's full of these things. This is a terrific show that I always felt has somewhat slipped under the radar when it comes to appreciating the band. Those Earls Court performances were a huge deal for the U.K. at the time, and also probably the band as well, and were a definite peak, one of many, for the group. Now then, where did I leave all those bloody boxes?

6 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

I had never heard this show until today! Thanks ZepHead315! 🍻

P.S. Before some weisenheimer chimes in...yes, I know you need "bootleg ears" for this. So what? Stop looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Edited by Strider