What is the best DAC version`?

ywyexv

The Song Remains the Same version certainly isn't underrated by me - I think it's incredible. I listened to 3.21.73 the other night and that was pretty amazing, especially the drumming. It cut in during the first solo tho. I also really like watching the Earls Court version from the 24th - it's extra nice to have the visuals with that song.

where can i get it and why is the tsrts version so underrated although alot of parts are played

by fans at youtube?

To better answer your questions:

I don't think the TSRTS version is underrated. It's a masterpiece! But I, like a lot of Zeppelin fans, prefer a complete un-edited "warts and all" version of a show as to the spliced together versions such as TSRTS and HTWWW. The officially released "live" sets are not really from the same nights. TSRTS is from 3 different nights.

The TSRTS version gets a lot of play at YouTube because most of the fans there are casual fans and not the type of people that you would find on a Led Zeppelin forum - they really wouldn't know what else to look for. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Some people aren't hard-core Zeppelin nuts. My dad, for instance, saw Zeppelin 2 or 3 times (he can't remember!). He has all the officially released stuff, and knows the material inside and out. But he has little to no interest in boots. I even found him a copy of one of the shows he attended. My brother is the same way. I gave him about 5 or 6 shows and he rarely listens to them. But TSRTS, HTWWW and BBC Sessions are always in his car's CD player. He can't understand how I can listen to (and tell the difference between) any random version of D&C. I might say something like "Jimmy plays this part a little different" or "they played 'Woodstock' instead of 'San Francisco' in the middle". He thinks I'm nuts. I might be in the mood for a nice '71 show or a '75. It's like picking a fine wine to me. Maybe I am nuts! LOL!

Oh, and you can find almost any show online. Just use google.

There is no "best" live D & C. They performed it on every tour and every phase of their career except 77-80, and you can find killer versions throughout. Some people don't care for the '75 versions...a little dopey...Plant's voice is rough...but I find them exquisite. Any highly recommended show from 69-75 usually means a great version of D & C is part of the package. Listening to the song grow and evolve through the years is an experience that shouldn't be missed by any Zeppelin fan. Get busy !

There are so many good versions of Dazed that it's hard to pick a favorite. But, I really do like to version from the Danish TV special 1969 and TSRTS version sticks out to me too. I think I can hum the solo almost note for note from watching the movie so many times..it's a laugh to admit that really. I collect Zeppelin concerts, so I'm sure there are many more worth another listen, it's just finding the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this was a hard question and my idear was to hear abour your oppinion.now I know what kind of shows I got to look for.Personally I like the earliest gigs very much but they seem to be so diffrent from the later concerts.Every period got a diffrent taste.Impossible to compare.But this makes the whole

subject so great even such a long time after the end of the band.

To better answer your questions:

I don't think the TSRTS version is underrated. It's a masterpiece! But I, like a lot of Zeppelin fans, prefer a complete un-edited "warts and all" version of a show as to the spliced together versions such as TSRTS and HTWWW. The officially released "live" sets are not really from the same nights. TSRTS is from 3 different nights.

The TSRTS version gets a lot of play at YouTube because most of the fans there are casual fans and not the type of people that you would find on a Led Zeppelin forum - they really wouldn't know what else to look for. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Some people aren't hard-core Zeppelin nuts. My dad, for instance, saw Zeppelin 2 or 3 times (he can't remember!). He has all the officially released stuff, and knows the material inside and out. But he has little to no interest in boots. I even found him a copy of one of the shows he attended. My brother is the same way. I gave him about 5 or 6 shows and he rarely listens to them. But TSRTS, HTWWW and BBC Sessions are always in his car's CD player. He can't understand how I can listen to (and tell the difference between) any random version of D&C. I might say something like "Jimmy plays this part a little different" or "they played 'Woodstock' instead of 'San Francisco' in the middle". He thinks I'm nuts. I might be in the mood for a nice '71 show or a '75. It's like picking a fine wine to me. Maybe I am nuts! LOL!

Oh, and you can find almost any show online. Just use google.

I can assure you that you are not the only one being nuts.I am crasy about this special versions

and don´t care about the sound.Sometimes I think a bootleg sound even beats the official releases.

The bbc session tube sound is so mindblowing that I have no explaination why Jimmy mixed it

down to a flat one. What kind of fan would like Dolly P reducing her boobs?

Well I am not always opposite to J.selections.The IMTOD of the DVD has an incredible sound.I liked

this version best long before this release.(Earls court bootleg).But with all respect not alot of hardcore fans can agree with Jimmie´s statement that the " How the West..." was their best concert.....

With the Youtube versions I did not ment the usual listeners/posters but the ones showing how to play the diffrent parts of the TSRTS version.Some are really great.This is strange for an often critisied version.

I can assure you that you are not the only one being nuts.I am crasy about this special versions

and don´t care about the sound.Sometimes I think a bootleg sound even beats the official releases.

The bbc session tube sound is so mindblowing that I have no explaination why Jimmy mixed it

down to a flat one. What kind of fan would like Dolly P reducing her boobs?

Well I am not always opposite to J.selections.The IMTOD of the DVD has an incredible sound.I liked

this version best long before this release.(Earls court bootleg).But with all respect not alot of hardcore fans can agree with Jimmie´s statement that the " How the West..." was their best concert.....

With the Youtube versions I did not ment the usual listeners/posters but the ones showing how to play the diffrent parts of the TSRTS version.Some are really great.This is strange for an often critisied version.

You mentioned about the 3 nights. Just want to know .Did they pick up diffrent version for the list of the later release or did they mix diffrent parts of the nights to complete one song.I saw TSRTS in about 20 diffrent cinemas and heard diffrent parts.Is it true that they even overdubbed material for TSRTS ?

You mentioned about the 3 nights. Just want to know .Did they pick up diffrent version for the list of the later release or did they mix diffrent parts of the nights to complete one song.I saw TSRTS in about 20 diffrent cinemas and heard diffrent parts.Is it true that they even overdubbed material for TSRTS ?

www.thegardentapes.co.uk

The TSRTS version is argeubley the most technically perfect but I think thats really a problem with the whole show, too refined without the the wild energy that was a large part of the attraction of the bands concerts.

There is no "best" live D & C. They performed it on every tour and every phase of their career except 77-80, and you can find killer versions throughout. Some people don't care for the '75 versions...a little dopey...Plant's voice is rough...but I find them exquisite. Any highly recommended show from 69-75 usually means a great version of D & C is part of the package. Listening to the song grow and evolve through the years is an experience that shouldn't be missed by any Zeppelin fan. Get busy !

I find the middle of many of the 75 versions can get a little dull but the pre bow solo parts are some of the best for me, really heavy and a great sense of atmosphere in the vocal section, espeically the "loving you" one from the last night of the US tour in LA.

The TSRTS version is argeubley the most technically perfect but I think thats really a problem with the whole show, too refined without the the wild energy that was a large part of the attraction of the bands concerts.

I find the middle of many of the 75 versions can get a little dull but the pre bow solo parts are some of the best for me, really heavy and a great sense of atmosphere in the vocal section, espeically the "loving you" one from the last night of the US tour in LA.

You are my man.I can not understand why so many listeners don´t care about the prebow solos.So intense.Straight fast energy.

---Complete agree what you wrote about the technical perfection.But where to drop the line of disliked instrumentals?.

I can listen to the soundeffects of the 77 banner solo for ages but I could not get into the Quoter instrumental of Knebworth.though

I was there.Just aske where to find more long instrumantals like DAC.

Archived