what did you get for christmas? any zep stuff?

slave to zep

3 hours ago, Strider said:

I received this wonderful Led Zeppelin pillow this Christmas! Thanks Dd! :friends:

20161226_104300.jpg

You are most welcome, Strider.  And thank you for the swell gifts and sweet treats, including these very yummy cookies which have been gobbled up. :friends: 

IMG_5190.JPG

No Zep gifts this Christmas, but I did get this really cool print of one of my favorite places in New Orleans, the infamous Carousel Bar.  

IMG_5179.JPG

Nice stuff, guys!

I got Celebration day  and Coda  both on vinyl! !!!

Also the David Icke book " Human race get off your knees, the lion sleeps no more"

A coffee machine

A pillow designed to help me not snore (lol) and lessen my back pain

And there's something still to come......

Feeling very lucky!

• 1 year later...
On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 9:06 PM, gibsonfan159 said:

Yeah, I'm gonna have to have this. How much does it go for?

About $30 on Amazon but again, it has inaccuracies. Nothing major but they are there and mostly regarding equipment used during the recording. Case in point is the authors state Jimmy used the Dragon Tele for the slide parts on BIGLY when I am 99% sure I read elsewhere Jimmy used the pedal steel for that as well as on YTIGC.

• 11 months later...

Mick Wall - When Giants Walked The Earth.

22 June '77 official merch Zep shirt - instantly one of my favourites!

2 patches for my vest.

2 x decals for either my new bass guitar or my bike - the 4 symbols almost definitely will adorn the bikes tank.

Merry Christmas all!!!

Nothing really. Just more family drama, with more lecturing, passive aggression and yelling thrown in my direction regarding how immature and irresponsible I am and how amazing "other kids" are. Honestly, this has been one of the worst Christmas Eves ever. I guess Saint Nicholas wished to put coal in my stockings this year.

Hoping to get some quiet time to myself this evening where I wouldn't have to speak to any family member. Would be the best Christmas present ever. I will be perfectly happy just sitting in my room and reading a book. That way, I will stay out of trouble. There were definitely some fragile egos in my household today. 

I apologize for dampening the Christmas spirit, but I cannot possibly hide my feelings. Needed to vent somewhere or else I will burst like a pressure cooker. Suppressing one's feelings is certainly not a healthy way to live. Also, I have learnt that the minute the shouting or aggression starts, just walk away from the person concerned or just stay silent. That way, the perpetrator will look like a prized idiot. 

Edited to add: If there was one thing that Christmas 2019 has taught me is to identify my trigger points while interacting with family members. When I feel that someone is trying to bait me (on the pretext of being "concerned" about my welfare, blah blah blah), that's my queue to just sit there, smile, nod along, not say a word and pretty much "switch off" and be aloof and oblivious to the conversation. If all these strategies make me out to be a "complex person", then so be it. Plus, I have now become quite adept at effectively utilizing phrases such as "I am sorry you feel that way".

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

No Zep stuff...because there was no new Zep stuff for anyone to give me this year. Unlike last Christmas when I received both the "Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin" and "Led Zeppelin Live: 1975-77" books.

But I still received some nice loot this Christmas.

20191225_173243.thumb.jpg.3c1efc41eef44845e01fda4a15f6a9bd.jpg

Well I have the entire Led Zeppelin CD collection again thanks to my daughter.   I got 3 CD's that I wanted again because I have not owned them since I had the albums long ago.  David Bowie, Ziggy Stardust, Pink Floyd, Dark Side of the Moon, a must in all collections, and last but not least the best rock opera ever made, and no disrespect to the other two by the Who that I love, Jesus Christ Superstar with Ian Gillan of Deep Purple singing the part of my lord, Jesus Christ.