One Zeppelin track you can't get enough of...

Name one Zeppelin track you can't get enough of at the moment. For myself, I've been wearing out Carouselambra on my cd player. JPJ's bass line over the first 3 or 4 minutes of the track is some of his finest work imo...

:stereo:

Paul, once again I agree. You must hear the same qualities in this song as myself. Anyone who plays an instrument cannot deny the fantastic bass line in this tune. It's so driving, progressive, yet funky. The lyrics are some of the best-if not THE best Plant's ever written. Killer drums throughout and some nice colors by Page weaving in and out on the double-neck. Adding some middle-eastern type tones. Some claim the keyboards are dated. I don't believe they sound that way at all, however the last section sounds a little unbalanced with the first two sections. It's one to grow on, but once it gets to you-there's no letting go. I love this fuckin song!!!!!

See the InThrough The Out Door thread for more info on this tune and the album.

The Battle of Evermore..with In The Light and Rain Song snapping at it's heels...but dependent upon my mood, things change on a daily basis..that's the beauty of Zeppelin; so many moods, so much variety...a banquet of delights.

^ Very nice pick!

Lately it's Black Dog. My son, who is 8, found it when my wife put her ring tones on his itouch. It's my ring for when I call her....he thought that was the name of the band - even though he knows Zep from riding around with me. So, we've been listening to it a lot lately!

Well, there's at least 20 or 30 that I never tire of...put if you put a gun to my head and force me to pick just one:

"Royal Orleans"

For the following reasons...

1. It's rhythmically exciting...funky, interesting, reminiscent of The Meters. Which is only apropos for a song with Orleans in the title. Bonham's playing is crisp, yet still loose in a slinky way.

2. Page's playing is funky as well...and he doesn't overplay; the solo is clear and concise, with a nice tone. The main riff is funky enough, but later when Jimmy adds the accents, it multiplies the fun-factor of the song.

3. FUN...this song is fun and illustrates the humour of the band, being based on a humourous incident that happened in New Orleans.

4. It is on Led Zeppelin's most underrated and lowest-selling album and never played on the radio, so it has never been overexposed.

Well put, at least 30, but for me it's become everything they ever did. LZ became my favorite band in the fall of 78, as I started my senior year in high school. No band or artist has ever approached their place at the top of my list.

Today....I am sick of virtually every band or artist that I have ever been into except the Mighty Led Zeppelin. I have owned every album on LP, most on cassette, and every album on CD at least once, and yet..... I still get excited to the point of goosebumps EVERY time a zeppelin song comes on the radio. I simply do not own(or have access to) a sound system where there is enough volume for me to crank it to.

Lately I really am into "unledded" songs like Boogie with Stu, Battle for Evermore and Hot Dog, but the songs I can currently play over and over are How Many More Times, Carouselambra, Achilles Last Stand, and The Ocean. But I can honestly say that I love every song they ever did. I drive a cab for a living now, and everyday I surf from station to station across the 3 classic or modern rock stations I can get, always looking for that sound,and every day I count the number of times I hear them on those 3 stations.. My current record is 11 zeppelin songs in a 9 hour span. It just amazes me that this band is played more on the radio now than they were 30-35 years ago when they were the biggest band in the world. Especially when one considers how the Beatles have become nearly irrelevant on Classic Rock radio.

The other thing I've noticed is that like me, once someone really hears and connects with that sound, there simply is nobody else who ever surplants them at the top of that persons list. Sometimes it took decades for people my age to finally HEAR it, but even they eventually fall under the spell of this magical music.

Rock On Zeppelinites, WE ARE LEGION and we all GET and hear something that nearly everyone who truly loves Rock will eventually hear and Get as well!!!

I drive a cab for a living now, and everyday I surf from station to station across the 3 classic or modern rock stations I can get, always looking for that sound,and every day I count the number of times I hear them on those 3 stations.. My current record is 11 zeppelin songs in a 9 hour span. It just amazes me that this band is played more on the radio now than they were 30-35 years ago when they were the biggest band in the world. Especially when one considers how the Beatles have become nearly irrelevant on Classic Rock radio.

Funny how living in the U.K, my experience is the polar opposite to yours in that I would say I have probably heard Zep on the radio maybe a dozen times IN TOTAL I know this as I am always so shocked and excited to hear "my band" on the radio. Admittedly, this has been when I have been forced to listen to radio stations by my work colleagues over the last 14 years or so, but still...that hasn't prevented me from hearing the likes of Queen at least 3 billion times.

As for what track I can't get enough of...pretty much all of their tracks there is something that makes me come back for more.

There are many tunes that get the twice-in-a-row treatment, but IMTOD always gets at least a threepeat. Always loved the song, but for some reason, in my mid-20's I went completely bonkers over it and I'm still obsessed. Greatest blues/rock recording ever! And, of course, the "coughing bit" at the end of the studio track is a classic Zeppelin moment.

Archived