Why DOESN'T Pagey Do Something?

How many times can you remaster something? No.

Jimmy is for all the bootlegs if they are non-profit unless it is known that it was pro-recorded he won't just release any old soundboard, we have copies that are as perfect as they are going to get anyway.

Wish he would take a Grateful Dead approach to releasing live shows. More fans than those of us who know about boots and how to acquire them need to hear some of the live stuff that is out there, its mindblowing.

really what he should do is try to get in on them crooked vultures' second record if they ever do one. Just feel like he could really work in that band and that band honestly had everything he could want: they can rock out hard, they can jam like crazy, they're incredibly flexible performers and they all seem to have a genuine joy in playing onstage together. Guess Jonesy didn't think to invite him along when they first put the band together with him, Josh Homme, and Dave Grohl (and then subsequently also Alain Johannes who played rhythm guitar/keys during their live shows and subsequently became a full member of the band), but you have to think that if the idea ever came up in discussions that dave grohl at least would really push for it..........

then again, there would be negatives as there'd likely be a bit of a push to do zeppelin material which the vultures most assuredly will not do. Still, would be cool to see pagey at least possibly maybe hopefully do some guest work on their next record. We can all dream right? I feel like the addition of page to that band could be absolute dynamite.

really what he should do is try to get in on them crooked vultures' second record if they ever do one. Just feel like he could really work in that band and that band honestly had everything he could want: they can rock out hard, they can jam like crazy, they're incredibly flexible performers and they all seem to have a genuine joy in playing onstage together.

Jimmy could get almost anyone he might want. who would turn him down ? i think the key is finding a lead singer for him. who out there would work well with him ? not someone meant to replace Robert. but maybe someone even different from Robert and that he could create something meant for them. could he work with a woman ?

A studio album and a 2013 tour is almost guaranteed.

Er.... like the 'guaranteed new material and tour' he's been promising to 'manifest' for just about the last decade?

Why do you write shit like this when you can't possibly know what the guy is going to do? I don't really think he knows what he's going to do, if he can actually be bothered to get off his arse and do anything at all. Which, quite frankly, he doesn't even need to do.

I'll believe it when I actually see and hear some product. Until then it's total conjecture. 'Almost guaranteed' is like saying 'it almost snowed today' in the middle of summer - it don't mean shit.

flummoxed on this topic a little

1. The bar is set immeasurably high for Page studio-wise and live tour

2. Historical record is chock full which makes comparison accessible and quick ( music world would be quick to say: "Well... it's good- it's fantastic even. It's just not quite LZ '71 or it's like Landover except it would have been better with Plant- but only before his voice warmed out. Loved it, great to see Jimmy. Wonder when the next LZ release is...?? )

This creates a mine field within the realm of opportunity. Seems to me he only has two ways forward: a.) do something for fun or that is noble such as the O2 b.) do something completely different that is beyond compare to YB, LZ and previous solo or P/P stuffs. As deep and wide as his core competencies are, the man may not be able to escape himself, his reputation and that amazing stage presence.

For what Page needs, he makes it clear that he wants time in the white hot aura of being near the drums. The sizzle there is life giving and he is anxious to share the experience. Love me some Celebration Day and I have no doubts that we will see more in the future. No idea what shape, form, means or timing- I cannot imagine keeping that kind of drive quiet much longer.

Edited by Dallas Knebs

I've NEVER understood why artists say "We dont have to prove a shit".

Its exactly opposite- you HAVE prove that you are worthy of status and image that you already have out there.

I love and adore Mr.Page but all you fanatics have to face it-for last 12years Page has been sitting on his ass. Yeah he did DVD,O2,IMGL and handful of other minor things but thats nothing in comparison of how active Plant and JPJ have been.

As Page has said himself he is at his best when under pressure-I hope this will be the case.

Its exactly opposite- you HAVE prove that you are worthy of status and image that you already have out there.

I love and adore Mr.Page but all you fanatics have to face it-for last 12years Page has been sitting on his ass. Yeah he did DVD,O2,IMGL and handful of other minor things but thats nothing in comparison of how active Plant and JPJ have been.

As Page has said himself he is at his best when under pressure-I hope this will be the case.

maybe we just haven't heard/seen what he has been doing. just because we don't know about it doesn't mean he has been "sitting on his ass".

Why? His past work is all the proof I need. Years of brilliance doesn't happen by fluke.

Lets face facts here you say he did nothing in 12 years .Well in 2007 he did the 02 reunion thats 5 years ago and he played very very well .And thats enough proof for me .He didnt have to prove shit but he did that one off led zeppelin show without john bonham .thats enough proof for me buddy .

^^ #1fan and BIGGERFAN, I gotta say something here and no disrespect intended. For a man that has a legacy as he does, Jimmy does not have a damn thing to prove. IF he ever decides to do something, I am sure a few people would have something negative to say. From day one the press ripped them, it was us the fans that got it. As a fan of this music for many decades and can still play those songs over and over and find that it still moves me (along with millions of more...hence how many tried to get tickets to the 02!)

JPJ and Robert choose to keep moving and exploring. Even though JPJ does a lot of bluegrass, for some reason Robert does it and people complain. There are always some who want to blame Robert for them not getting back together. IMHO when all is said and done Robert will be held in high esteem for wanting to keep the legacy intact, again, just my opinion.

Don't get me wrong. I have stated this many times. I would love to see Jimmy do an acoustic type tour. I would be there front and center, but if he never does anything I will always enjoy what has been done.

I will continue to follow their music...and Jason, for me it's a connection, sorry you don't have that :peace:

Edited by Deborah J

I LIKED the Coverdale Page collaboration; there are ways for Page to show his brilliance. He will awaken again. I also liked Walking into Clarksdale. To my ears, Page is still King. Perhaps he will work with another singer?

Weird that there isnt poll for this topic. I for one would like it to be instrumental-I cant think of modern, young singer to complent Pages music.

Whatever Jimmy, John Paul and Robert decide to do individually or collectively (like the Celebration Day theatrical/dvd/blu ray/cd) or not do is their decision...

Thanks for all that you have given to us over the years, Jimmy, John Paul, Robert and John (R.I.P.)

R :bubble: