New box sets including unreleased material

JTM

Thanks, SuperDave.

I've lurked here a bit in the past but the excitement over the upcoming releases warranted a forum registration.

Bring on June 3rd!

Hi everyone,

Same thing with me! It's an exciting day to be a Zep fan!!! I'm just wondering, are the Mastered for iTunes versions that were released about a year ago the same as these new remasters?

Thanks

What everyone needs to remember is that if Jimmy had his way, we would have had new Zeppelin material long ago.

Can you explain this please? Do the other two surviving band members actively prevent more Zep material from being released?

Hi everyone,

Same thing with me! It's an exciting day to be a Zep fan!!! I'm just wondering, are the Mastered for iTunes versions that were released about a year ago the same as these new remasters?

Thanks

A nice welcome to the forum to you, Jonderdonk as well! :welcome2:

What's the meaning behind the user ID you've chosen?

A nice welcome to the forum to you, Jonderdonk as well! :welcome2:

What's the meaning behind the user ID you've chosen?

Thank you!!! 'Jonderdonk' is my nickname. It's the combination of my first and last name: John Onderdonk

Can you explain this please? Do the other two surviving band members actively prevent more Zep material from being released?

I don't really want to get into the politics of this, but Robert has been the one who has held steadfastly to the disbandment. Jimmy was willing to reconsider on a number of occasions, including post 02. The man loves Zep with all of his heart.

For the record, I just noticed that the Super Deluxe Box Set price of LZ II just dropped to $114 on Amazon. LZ III soon to follow hopefully.

Perhaps the $135 is the list price, and $114 is the standard Amazon discount...meaning it won't get higher than that and could fluctuate lower.

With the Dark Side of the Moon Immersion set, not long after it was released (two months maybe), it got as low as $79...I think.

I don't really want to get into the politics of this, but Robert has been the one who has held steadfastly to the disbandment. Jimmy was willing to reconsider on a number of occasions, including post 02. The man loves Zep with all of his heart.

Well, reforming and doing new things as a band is a completely different beast. I meant does Page face resistance from the other two releasing any Zep material at all?

Regarding Amazon pre-orders - If I add the items to my cart and check out with them, will the price inside my cart update? The prices seemed to have dropped from $134 to $114. Also, when would I be charged for these boxsets? Would I get charged on release i.e June 2nd?

There aren't just two other surviving band members, there's the estate of John Bonham, there are now individual managers, accountants, attorneys and who knows what other advisers for each of them. Many more complications to getting things done as "Led Zeppelin" than in the olden days, I would think.

Well, reforming and doing new things as a band is a completely different beast. I meant does Page face resistance from the other two releasing any Zep material at all?

I can't really say, as I don't know, but my guess is that everyone is fully on board. Robert and John Paul have played an active role in these releases.

Regarding Amazon pre-orders - If I add the items to my cart and check out with them, will the price inside my cart update? The prices seemed to have dropped from $134 to $114. Also, when would I be charged for these boxsets? Would I get charged on release i.e June 2nd?

If you pre-order it, meaning you complete the order and it is no longer in your cart, you will not be charged until the release date. Amazon has a low price guarantee, as long as you have it pre-ordered, the lowest price it reaches (even if it goes back up) is what you will pay.

I pre-ordered at the $134 price, but will pay the $114 price unless it goes lower by June 3rd. Your order price will not reflect the difference until you are charged on the release date.

I am a little disappointed, I was hoping for a 5.1 /High Res mix of all the albums. The Doors did it with all their studio albums, along with a selected few from Yes and Pink Floyd. They all sound fantastic. Now I did notice a digital download in 96/24, which is high res, so we're halfway there. I am hoping that may be mixed in 5.1 . Just imagine the opening drone of " In The Light" swirling around you in high res 5.1....

Over the last few years I had considered starting a poll or petition on this site to see if Mr. Page would consider mixing these albums in high res 5.1, either on DVD Audio or SACD, or Blu Ray Audio. Would anyone have any interest in contributing to such a poll?

Until then I anxiously await any further information on the 96/24 download options for these box sets.

Bands have been mixing for potential Blu Ray audio release. I know The Beatles had done it but there's no planned date for when it'll be out. Neil Young had been actively putting new and archives out on it, but with Pono being the big thing for him now, that could change.

Assuming Jimmy had remastered the catalog for Blu Ray audio, if he brought it up, people would lose interest fast in the CD reissues really fast, plus he probably has no idea if and when they'll ever be released.

If you pre-order it, meaning you complete the order and it is no longer in your cart, you will not be charged until the release date. Amazon has a low price guarantee, as long as you have it pre-ordered, the lowest price it reaches (even if it goes back up) is what you will pay.

I pre-ordered at the $134 price, but will pay the $114 price unless it goes lower by June 3rd. Your order price will not reflect the difference until you are charged on the release date.

Cheers mate!

I am super excited for this release!!!! Not really interested in the Super Deluxe but really excited for the Deluxe vinyl. I already own II, III, IV on wax from classic records, wonder how these will match up to them.

FWIW, these will probably be around for a long time (not numbered) with heavy discounts from the likes of POP MARKET etc...

Also, I wonder if a complete boxset will be released on vinyl with all studio albums and in one package. I'd like to wait for that if it's coming. That'd be a real treat! Like the doors box!

It looks like the super deluxe is nothing more than an added booklet and a couple cd's. Doesn't seem like it would be worth the extra money.

I am super excited for this release!!!! Not really interested in the Super Deluxe but really excited for the Deluxe vinyl. I already own II, III, IV on wax from classic records, wonder how these will match up to them.

FWIW, these will probably be around for a long time (not numbered) with heavy discounts from the likes of POP MARKET etc...

Also, I wonder if a complete boxset will be released on vinyl with all studio albums and in one package. I'd like to wait for that if it's coming. That'd be a real treat! Like the doors box!

Barberbro, I would not count on these being for sale much longer than a year from now. I have missed out on other releases (a good example would be Fela Kuti vinyl box set 1- released in 2011. It can still be found today but it has doubled in price).

These re-issues should hold their value and it will be interesting to hear what kind of sound improvements they have.

Really excited!!! :)

I've just pre-ordered my Led Zeppelin I, II & III Super Deluxe Edition Boxed Sets. It will cost about $342.00 but the way I see it these are official and I do appreciate how much time and effort Jimmy has put into their production. Besides, if these we're merely bootleg releases I imagine the set of three would be priced at $500.00 or more.

My personal thought on the instrumental versions... is that with the added clariity to the mixes ... Jimmy and JPJ might be giving a nod to all those musicians out there who spend hours upon hours disecting the individual parts... plus comparisons between barebones tracks could give us insight into minds of these 4 genius musicians... the writing recording etc within Led Zeppelin has an appeal unlike any other group regardless of era...

...as far as what goes into these boxes...

ALL BAND MEMBERS MUST AGREE...so if the vocals didn't do it for em or the guitars, timing, overall quality etc. they didn't do it....

Thank you Jimmy, John Paul, Robert and we miss you Bonzo... the hammer of the gods... the spirit of Led Zeppelin... these reissues are a testament

Archived