What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

Mr. Ally, I have never "met" you, but you must be a good man judging by all of the wonderful things long time members have to say about you.

Good luck with your procedure.

I have met him in person and can vouch that he is indeed a most excellent person! Wishing you the best Ally. Hope you have a quick recovery and feel like running a marathon soon afterwards.......or at least some major air-pumping at a classic rock concert. :P:you_rock:

I have met him in person and can vouch that he is indeed a most excellent person! Wishing you the best Ally. Hope you have a quick recovery and feel like running a marathon soon afterwards.......or at least some major air-pumping at a classic rock concert. :P:you_rock:

Thank you to everyone for the kind thoughts and well wishes :) . Surgery is actually on Thur so you'll all have to tolerate me for at least another day :P:lol:

Angel, you too are a most excellent person. Hopefully we get to meet up again...soon :)

Thank you to everyone for the kind thoughts and well wishes :) . Surgery is actually on Thur so you'll all have to tolerate me for at least another day :P:lol:

Angel, you too are a most excellent person. Hopefully we get to meet up again...soon :)

I hope you are scheduled early and dont get bumped due to diabetic patients? That happens alot here. And its better to be early because as you know by now you cannot eat or drink after midnight

My AAA membership!

I was driving home after work today on a major highway at a moderate speed when my car DIED. Luckily I was able to get into the breakdown lane before anything bad happened.

I immediately called 911 so the local police could send a car. All I could see were tractor trailers in my rear view mirror coming straight at me. Of course, they weren't, but my car was swaying!

I was able to get a tow to the shop I usually go to and they had a rental car also! Sigh.

If you don't have AAA, get it.

:)

My AAA membership!

I was driving home after work today on a major highway at a moderate speed when my car DIED. Luckily I was able to get into the breakdown lane before anything bad happened.

I immediately called 911 so the local police could send a car. All I could see were tractor trailers in my rear view mirror coming straight at me. Of course, they weren't, but my car was swaying!

I was able to get a tow to the shop I usually go to and they had a rental car also! Sigh.

Glad you're okay! Didn't sound like a fun experience. I have CAA, same thing, and if I never use it I'm okay with that but it sure is worth every penny when you do.

Glad you're okay! Didn't sound like a fun experience. I have CAA, same thing, and if I never use it I'm okay with that but it sure is worth every penny when you do.

Thanks, MINI.

You know what started scaring me more? The thought of my baby being in the drivers seat instead of me ( in a few months).

I am so not ready for this!!!

Thanks, MINI.

You know what started scaring me more? The thought of my baby being in the drivers seat instead of me ( in a few months).

I am so not ready for this!!!

My "baby" will be 16 in April, not looking forward to it either! I was a driving instructor for 16 years though so she will get thorough lessons from me. I also will enter her in some of the driving competitions that I compete in, I want her armed with as much knowledge, skill and experience as possible.

Wow, I just realised 16 years of teaching and I've been out of it for 11 now. I really did start when I was two!

My AAA membership!

AAA has saved me a few times and the good part about AAA is you can use it for any family member or friend for that matter. Glad to hear you are okay! I know all about those crazy Mass. drivers!

My AAA membership!

So glad you're okay!!! And I quite agree with you about AAA. Wouldn't be without it. Road service and hotel/rental car discounts make it all worthwhile.

Hope the car doesn't cost too much to fix!

Envy time? :drool: Came back from dinner at a friends last night and it was bleeding :freezing:

I'm sorry my brotha! This is the time of the year we can have the windows open....run the air conditioning from May-October, straight with no breaks. I hope you warm up soon! Is the hot water running yet?

I'm sorry my brotha! This is the time of the year we can have the windows open....run the air conditioning from May-October, straight with no breaks. I hope you warm up soon! Is the hot water running yet?

Yes thanks Walt. It was only off for 2 days and as is usual a small bit of rubber that had a tear in it no bigger than a midges dick, weighed in at £15. Still very cold here but a roaring wood fire and a small toot of greenary will warm me cockles this evening. And air con?? Never needed in this neck of the woods