What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

http://tampabay.com/features/humaninterest/article750838.ece

Reading that article and having it reaffirm my faith in humanity. The adoptive parents deserve some kind of award or immediate sainthood for what they've done. At least that little girl will know what a loving, warm, REAL family is like, even if she can't utter a word.

:o:o:o:o:o I couldn't even finish reading that, I'm speechless MY GOD!

It's a difficult article to read, when you realize how this could have been avoided. But when you realize that this little girl is finally receiving the warmth, love and attention that every child deserves, it makes you realize that there IS goodness in people. I'm thankful families like the Lierows exist. And their son is mature beyond words.

Yes that is very wonderful of them. Jesus even animals will eat their young before they let them suffer. How do people live with themselves? :unsure:

The mother screamed "Please don't thake my baby?!" Huh???? What joy was she getting from totally ignoring her child. Such a sad tale, I'm so happy she has a real family now. It sounds like she's making much progress and is such a pretty little girl too. I hope she continues to progress...Blessing to her and her new family.

I honestly thing that women of children like this should be forced to have a hysterectomy. She got off way to easy but at least you would know she can never do it again.

It was kind of a cool, cloudy day and I went to an art fair with a friend. Really nice day (been hot as hell lately). We noticed many different kinds of dogs :lol:

There was a couple with NINE chihuauas (sp?) on leashes, and they were so damn cute we had to get down and play with them. A couple of them were longhairs. I used to hate chihuauas, but I'm starting to really like them now. Some of them are so, so cute.

Finally getting rid of a week long headache (just an hour ago) that started last Monday evening at work when they started stripping and waxing the floors with the harshest chemicals. Every night i worked it was the same thing. So many of us complained.

I'm happy i spoke to someone who i should have cleared the air with a long time ago.

I'm happy the two most difficult people in my life (one a Scorpio, one a Libra)...are two people i love the most. I just wish they would let up on me a bit, lol :)

Reading that article and having it reaffirm my faith in humanity. The adoptive parents deserve some kind of award or immediate sainthood for what they've done. At least that little girl will know what a loving, warm, REAL family is like, even if she can't utter a word.

I thank God that nice couple took her in. They are saints.

But I still feel totally disturbed by this story. For one thing: there were 3 other adults living in the house with the mother--the 2 grown sons and the mother's boyfriend. Apparently everyone thought it okay for this little girl to be treated that way?? No one interacted with this little girl? I can't imagine not ever picking up a child and hugging them, or talking to them, or playing--my son is 7, and I still feel the occasional need to be the tickle monster, chasing him through the apt yelling "I'm gonna get you!!" I can't believe, that in a house with 4 adults, that no one gave her any food to eat, no one clothed or bathed her? And apparently everyone was ok with the human and animal feces all over the entire house--that amount of filth was ok?? Seriously? Yes, life is hard--but why weren't all able-bodied members of the household working, earning paychecks and trying to better their situation? There is no excuse for it. I mean, even if you want to sit around on your ass all day and be lazy as all hell: You can get housing assistance. You can get food stamps. You can get welfare. You can get medicaid. You can get WIC until your child is 5. You can even get assistance from non-government organizations such as the Salvation Army. As a parent, I can't even imagine this. I no longer feel bad about not being able to take my son out to the movie theater as often as I'd like.

That's pretty fucked up, but it's really something. That poor little thing. If you ask me, her "family" are bastards. That shit just isn't right at all and it's not excusable. I mean, how do you go about living your life with shit all over the house and roaches everywhere? Seriously...

But thank god the girl has an actual family now. Just hope she can manage in the future.

Paying $3.68 per gallon for gas.Extreme irony.

This is what has happened in London, England.

Unleaded 119.9p a litre=$10 a gallon

Diesel 133.9p a litre=$12 a gallon

LRP 132.9p a litre=$12 a gallon

Super 130.9p a litre=$12 a gallon

LPG 61.9p a litre=$6 a gallon

Make any sense to you?

PS. Prices in pence, 2 cents = 1penny roughly. and this is per litre so times by 41/2, fucking ripoff.

http://www.petrolprices.com/search.html?search=se18

Make any sense to you?

PS. Prices in pence, 2 cents = 1penny roughly. and this is per litre so times by 41/2, fucking ripoff.

If this keeps up, we're going to see a lot more of electric cars or those little cars that look like Tonka toys. I shouldn't knock it, there's a nine month waiting list for those little cars. ROCK ON!

Make any sense to you?

Just last Thursday, I dealt with an older couple in B'ham,AL who had just returned from attending their granddaughter's graduation from a university in Wales.

They were in the UK for two weeks,loved the weather,said it didn't rain,beautiful flowers,and most of all,extremely nice folks wherever they were.

They did say that most people walked to their destination in whatever this city or town this was.Cars much smaller than in US,and price of fuel around $10/gallon.

Granddaughter loves it there,going for doctorate(three more years)and is dating(in love with) a local.

They said she would be paid equivalent to $80/hour US to teach undergraduate class at the university.

Maybe it's all relative.

Make any sense to you?

It just blows me away that you guys buy gas in smaller quantities than I buy wine....sympathies. We here in the US shouldn't be bitchin so much...it's always worse somewhere else.

That aside, my ignorance makes me not understand how there can be such a world wide price difference. Maybe someone will step up and patiently explain that to me :unsure:

Just recieved my copy today of the TSRTS vinyl 4 album set. Didn't get a white copy but happy just the same :banana:

WooHoo!! Just looking at that set makes me drool. But I don't have a turntable and speakers that would do it justice so.... :(

WooHoo!! Just looking at that set makes me drool. But I don't have a turntable and speakers that would do it justice so.... :(

I beat my hubby at two games of heads up...and I took my puppy for a mile walk while listening to Zep on my iPod...nice!

:lol: Me either! I was gambling that I might get a white copy, oh well it's a very nicely put together set. Each album with it's own jacket and the symbals of each member on front with pics and song titles on the back. When I have time maybe I can post some close ups, oh and comes with a 24pg photo book. :thumbsup: