Jimmy Page on Later Live with Jools Holland tomorrow

poortom

Has anyone noticed how much Jimmy looks like the Hermit he protrayed in TSRTS? He really does, and that's not a bad thing.

The wisdom and vision of his years lay on him like a fine hand-made quilt.

Robert has a similiar wizened look...." travellers of both Time and Space, to be where they have been..."

I feel sad after watching that interview because Jimmy expresses that he thought they would do another gig but it never happened. It must be so frustrating for him knowing that he, Jones, and Jason want to do it and that they have the ability to deliver the artistic energy. He clearly doesn't want to retire just yet.

That must have been when the Celebration Day clip was edited out for copyright reasons. It was from Kashmir, about 10 seconds either side of Robert's 'band that lead me to this place' waving arms gesture. Not my video btw.

"path that led me to this place " :)

• Administrators

Here’s a shot of Jimmy Page with the other participants on last night's edition of Later With Jools Holland, including Foals, Band of Horses, Ellie Goulding Larry Graham, Rodrigues and Luisa Sobral

The show will air on BBC2 on Friday, Nov. 16th at 11:30.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006ml0l

post-5-0-27310500-1352892210_thumb.jpg

As soon as Jools started rambling on (see what I did there?) about 20 million people I think we all knew what was coming, as did Jimmy. He handled it well though. He avoided the question about how much Ahmet meant to the band, but he gave a straight up answer to the reunion one. Brad Tolinski said in his interview at Finding Zoso that Jimmy prefers specific questions.

The questions were really dull. They were already asked at the previous two press conferences.

Are we ever going to get anwers to much more specific questions like "Why did you play "Kashmir" on Les Paul instead of Danelectro?" I'd love hearing some specifics from Jimmy.

It seems Jimmy likes to wear the same stuff all the time. A few years back it was the green army jacket now it is this long black coat with the scarf. Wish he would play something on one of this shows/ interviews. Doesn't have to Zep either.

The questions were really dull. They were already asked at the previous two press conferences.

To fans/viewers who have not seen the press conferences, they were new.

Are we ever going to get anwers to much more specific questions like "Why did you play "Kashmir" on Les Paul instead of Danelectro?" I'd love hearing some specifics from Jimmy.

If someone like the member ZosofanCMR interviews him, perhaps. I am not very familiar with this show, just the various clips I've seen linked in this website, but I don't think the show is the proper forum for specific questions like the one above.

Jimmy does seem to wear a "uniform" of the same black pants and shirt. I would love to see him venture out and wear color...anything other than black.

As for the questions asked, he is simply selling a product and appealing to the masses, not just the hard core fans. I was surprised that Jools Holand asked the reunion question. I would think he would know better. But Jimmy handled it well.

Thank you for posting the clip!

Jimmy does seem to wear a "uniform" of the same black pants and shirt. I would love to see him venture out and wear color...anything other than black.

the velvet coat he was wearing to the London premiere was a rich blue. :)

the velvet coat he was wearing to the London premiere was a rich blue. :)

And I loved it! He looks great in colors and I would love to see him in rich reds, greens and blues, such as the jacket. I am being petty but he has such a great complexion. I wonder if he still has the hot pink velvet pants he wore in 1969?...:P

Well on a mainstream programme like the Jools Holland show you're not going to get them. This was not a Led Zeppelin centric show. Bare bones basic q&a is all that you're going to get. Time constraints do not allow for anything but. Besides Joe or Jill Bloggs most likely has'nt got the faintest idea what the fuck a Danelectro is....and they are the people this show is aimed at.

Archived