The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2020 at 1:19 PM, Walter said:

First 2020 RIP - former NBA Commissioner David Stern. 

8 hours ago, Walter said:

More from the world of sports...

RIP to Yankees legend and the only man to throw a perfect game in the World Series, Don Larsen

68796697-D16D-40D8-B2C0-E503A73D1318.jpeg

4 hours ago, Walter said:

3rd sports passing in 2020...

RIP Sam Wyche. Long time Bengals coach and also coached the Bucs. Only 74 years old...very underrated, IMO. 

Damn. Damn. Damn. Three right off the bat. Don Larsen was before my time and Wyche coached for the Bengals, who I never cared a whit for, so with all due respect their deaths don't hit me the same way as David Stern's.

David Stern was, quite simply, the greatest and most visionary sports commissioner in my lifetime. What he did with the NBA (with a little help from Bird & Magic) is legendary. That was the golden age of the NBA. Short of stature but left giant shoes to fill.

R.I.P.

27 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

Arguably the greatest drummer in rock history, undoubtedly in the Top Five. It's so sad, such a contemplative soul denied his golden years during which he could have reflected further upon his journey and destination.

Agreed. Plus what an amazing lyricist too. I think that contribution is understated, at times. I haven’t been this moved by the passing of a musician in some time....

I am absolutely devastated right now. I am crying. I can't breathe. I am just so heartbroken. I cannot even speak right now. I am hurting so much inside. Neil Peart is like a God to me. A poet. His lyrics spoke to me like no other musician. While other bands spoke about girls, getting laid, getting high, etc., Neil's lyrics were about philosophy, literature, the human race, etc. That man turned me to the works of Ayn Rand for fucks sake.

Rush means the world to me. They were my escape from a fucked up world. 

FUCK YOU, GRIM REAPER! FUCK YOU, CANCER! FUCK BOTH OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need time to get over this. His death has hit me much harder than expected...

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87