Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
ZepHead315

New EVSD soundboard?

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, zepster1979 said:

Go and buy physical copy! 

The dude you're calling a gimme gimme asked a simple question. You don't need to go on a tirade about lazy teenagers and all that bullshit. He didn't say "SOMEONE UPLOAD IT OMG," he said "is there more?" It's a pretty innocent question from someone who's clearly new to the forum. 

2 hours ago, zepster1979 said:

Now you and dozens of teenage wankers are crying because you cannot get it for free.

My proposition is: learn more, find a good school, get a proper job so you can afford EV products.

If you're still have any objections of what I typed above, it means you're just 1) stupid, 2) not enough educated; 3) very stubborn.

Who here's crying? It sounds like you're salty because you bought it and not everyone else can afford it. No one's forcing you to share it, nor did anyone ask you to. Move on.

This is an extremely narrow-minded perspective that causes nothing but problems. Anyone who disagrees with you is stupid and uneducated? Do you hear yourself? Because it's honestly pretty funny. You're so set in your ways that everyone else is wrong and you're right.

Please realize that generalizations this rash are extremely problematic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sticks of Fire said:

Ahh thanks buddy, love it, this is the song I am most looking forward to hearing from this release, and now I just heard it! Even though that temporary pause from Page was most likely a mistake, I liked hearing just the rhythm section there for that second, and then, SLAM! here comes Page again! Then ending is vicious too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tainted cheese said:

Ahh thanks buddy, love it, this is the song I am most looking forward to hearing from this release, and now I just heard it! Even though that temporary pause from Page was most likely a mistake, I liked hearing just the rhythm section there for that second, and then, SLAM! here comes Page again! Then ending is vicious too.

I agree!  So glad this is complete and included here.   I somewhat agree about that little pause but it seems they did that a lot in 1971.  Maybe an intentional mistake or break there they never got quite right 100%.  If you listen to other from Sept 1971 you hear that during some versions.  But yes after that it’s an untouchable version! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, zepster1979 said:

I told this many times before but it looks you're one of those, who would get more wanky job than learning!

So here's again: EV had to bought these tapes, and likely they have to spend a lot of $ at the start. Now they are trying to recover the capital, and of course, making some money on it. The Japanese copyright laws allows to release bootlegs as long as they're strictly limited, distributed in exact places and contain absolutely none of their native artists. It is called a loophole.

Now you and dozens of teenage wankers are crying because you cannot get it for free.

My proposition is: learn more, find a good school, get a proper job so you can afford EV products.

If you're still have any objections of what I typed above, it means you're just 1) stupid, 2) not enough educated; 3) very stubborn.

Case closed.

Teenage wankers ? That's not very nice is it. You're probably not old enough to remember the mid 1970's when bootlegs were just a few pence/cents more than a regular release, not tens of £s or $s. (My first bootleg cost me £ 2.25p, "Mudslide" on green vinyl)

I'm not crying because the torrent sites don't have this,  yet. I can wait, it will appear soon enough. I could not give two fucks that esvd(sic) whomever  they  are paid through nose for the stolen (unless one is a conspiracy theorist that think Page is supplying them) tape, they can go and fuck themselves with their crying arses whining about torrent sites posting their stolen wares, it's not about being able to afford their rip off prices, I can, but no way am I. In fact I am never going to give any bootlegger my money ever again, they can shove their products as far up their arses as they can get them. So  grow up kid, get off your high horse and accept the many of us will just sit back and wait. 

Case well and truly. Open.

Edited by JTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, drpete said:

Has a download link been available somewhere?

Not yet my friend but I’m sure some nice guys or girls in this hobby will take care of us. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, JTM said:

it's not about being able to afford their rip off prices, I can, but no way am I.

This is the case. I could buy every Zep boot out there but why would I want to fork out money to some sleazy greed driven boot label who can't put out a definitive package that's actually worth buying? I guarantee you I'd bid higher for unreleased material than these labels would and I'd release it for free. That's what a fan would do. It's not even about recouping profit for these labels, they're just squeezing pennies out of people for the fun of it while hoarding the material, and doing a bad job at that. But Zepster1979 seems to just have a chip on their shoulder towards teenagers who don't have a PhD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sticks of Fire said:

Not yet my friend but I’m sure some nice guys or girls in this hobby will take care of us. 👍

I hope so.  I have spent 1000s of dollars on silver disc bootlegs from around the world and done my financial share of support of the industry and bought from every label.  But if I can get a free torrent,  I will take it.  I still have a car and house to pay for,  lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, drpete said:

I hope so.  I have spent 1000s of dollars on silver disc bootlegs from around the world and done my financial share of support of the industry and bought from every label.  But if I can get a free torrent,  I will take it.  I still have a car and house to pay for,  lol

You don’t have to explain yourself to me brother lots of people have different lives I know exactly how you feel.  From the looks of it, it won’t be long; everyone over at Royal-Orleans.com seems to have it.  So I imaging in less than a week well all have it. 

Edited by Sticks of Fire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to any more news on Twist and Shout (is it really from the 929 sb?), and also whether EV used any upgraded audience source sources for WLL > End for 928. The 929 boxset release had upgraded audience sources for that show. Will be interesting to see if they also have an upgrade for any of the 928 audience sources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JTM said:

Teenage wankers ? That's not very nice is it. You're probably not old enough to remember the mid 1970's when bootlegs were just a few pence/cents more than a regular release, not tens of £s or $s. (My first bootleg cost me £ 2.25p, "Mudslide" on green vinyl)

I'm not crying because the torrent sites don't have this,  yet. I can wait, it will appear soon enough. I could not give two fucks that esvd(sic) whomever  they  are paid through nose for the stolen (unless one is a conspiracy theorist that think Page is supplying them) tape, they can go and fuck themselves with their crying arses whining about torrent sites posting their stolen wares, it's not about being able to afford their rip off prices, I can, but no way am I. In fact I am never going to give any bootlegger my money ever again, they can shove their products as far up their arses as they can get them. So  grow up kid, get off your high horse and accept the many of us will just sit back and wait. 

Case well and truly. Open.

They were cheaper a lot, but none of them contained unreleased board tape. I really do not see any further point of explaining this as, from what I see, lots of you'd probably won't buy even a complete soundboard because you tend to think it should be for free. If I could sit on any uncirculated stuff, I wouldn't hesitate to make money on it. It's the real world we're living in, bro! Or maybe you should go and eventually ask North Korea for permanent visa? ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, zepster1979 said:

They were cheaper a lot, but none of them contained unreleased board tape. I really do not see any further point of explaining this as, from what I see, lots of you'd probably won't buy even a complete soundboard because you tend to think it should be for free. If I could sit on any uncirculated stuff, I wouldn't hesitate to make money on it. It's the real world we're living in, bro! Or maybe you should go and eventually ask North Korea for permanent visa? ;)

I could not care less whether something is an unreleased board tape or not, no boots were board tapes until Page left himself open to "the theft". Your comment  [''If I could sit on any uncirculated stuff, I wouldn't hesitate to make money on it'' ]  is flabbergasting, I bet you would sell a "Winston" if you could get away with it.  One other thing, don't call me bro. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JTM said:

I could not care less whether something is an unreleased board tape or not, no boots were board tapes until Page left himself open to "the theft". Your comment  [''If I could sit on any uncirculated stuff, I wouldn't hesitate to make money on it'' ]  is flabbergasting, I bet you would sell a "Winston" if you could get away with it.  One other thing, don't call me bro. 

So what's the fuckin' problem by your side? Did you suffer from fact he opened his vaults eventually? You should be grateful for that, as if not, we would eventually stay with mediocre quality aud tapes, that's all. My comment reveals exactly of what the capitalism is. If you want something, just pay for that! I can agree that bootlegs are illegal and if someone's selling them, it's a theft but hell, we all thefts as we all listening to something that couldn't be even discussed when shown from perspective of any musician/owner.
So get you off, pal!

Edited by zepster1979

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, zepster1979 said:

So what's the fuckin' problem by your side? Did you suffer from fact he opened his vaults eventually? You should be grateful for that, as if not, we would eventually stay with mediocre quality aud tapes, that's all. My comment reveals exactly of what the capitalism is. If you want something, just pay for that! I can agree that bootlegs are illegal and if someone's selling them, it's a theft but hell, we all thefts as we all listening to something that couldn't be even discussed when shown from perspective of any musician/owner.
So get you off, pal!

I'd be wasting my time, there is no cure...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sticks of Fire said:

I’d like to know if the Twist & Shout is from the same soundboard of 929 that was release last year.  The same source tape

Yes, it is from the new SBD. Confirmed over at RO a couple days ago. So EV at least has that part of Whole Lotta Love from 929...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, 1998giventofly said:

Yes, it is from the new SBD. Confirmed over at RO a couple days ago. So EV at least has that part of Whole Lotta Love from 929...

With the spottiness of the 9/29 SBD, I wonder if they purchased it with only that part of WLL available, or if they're sitting on much of the show. Same goes for this release, really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, June72 said:

With the spottiness of the 9/29 SBD, I wonder if they purchased it with only that part of WLL available, or if they're sitting on much of the show. Same goes for this release, really.

See that's the weird thing about the 929 board though...the cuts are so oddly placed. They have songs from all three tape reels that the band would have used to record the show. It seems odd that the sections between songs would just happen to be missing. As well as select songs from IN BETWEEN others, like Black Dog not being there, or Thank You being missing from between Communication Breakdown and Rock and Roll. It makes me suspicious that they have these songs but held them back for whatever reason.

With that said, I could be wrong, maybe EVSD actually put out all the stuff they had for 929 (except for WLL). I keep remembering hearing somewhere that they were gonna put out Whole Lotta Love as another single after Immigrant Song and Friends had come out. But that didn't happen. And here we are a year and change later with Twist and Shout from that Whole Lotta Love. So, who knows?

I tend to think they were honest about the 928 release though. I'm not sure why the beginning is missing but it seems like we have (mostly) the first two reels with no cuts. I'm not sure if they couldn't buy the third reel with Whole Lotta Love and the rest of the show or what exactly happened there. As of now it really seems like they don't have it and they gave us whatever they were able to find.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, zepster1979 said:

It's all about the prestige, something that younger generation completely have no clue what is all about. In my youth getting a bootleg or go to a show was something BIG, something special. There were no downloads, no CDs, just vinyl, tapes and snail male trading. We've been more than grateful if someone would eventually get us into something like that and we got a big respect to everything. Now you have everything but yet you do not wanna pay any fuckin' cent for it! That tells a lot! You're missing a very important part of something that is highly related with the nature of so called subculture - to be a someone from the club, someone important, someone distinguish. Today kids aren't even close to be elite in any aspect. Free Net, free music, free food...Jees, what else you'd call for free? A bread from your local bakery because you don't wanna pay for it?

 

3ad.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, June72 said:

The dude you're calling a gimme gimme asked a simple question. You don't need to go on a tirade about lazy teenagers and all that bullshit. He didn't say "SOMEONE UPLOAD IT OMG," he said "is there more?" It's a pretty innocent question from someone who's clearly new to the forum. 

Who here's crying? It sounds like you're salty because you bought it and not everyone else can afford it. No one's forcing you to share it, nor did anyone ask you to. Move on.

This is an extremely narrow-minded perspective that causes nothing but problems. Anyone who disagrees with you is stupid and uneducated? Do you hear yourself? Because it's honestly pretty funny. You're so set in your ways that everyone else is wrong and you're right.

Please realize that generalizations this rash are extremely problematic.

Ignore him. He's a hypocrite. When the LTTE alternate source popped up a couple of years ago, he had a complete meltdown because the taper wouldn't give his master tapes to him (and him alone) so he could work his "magic" on them and polish them up. If that's not the epitome of the "gimme gimme" attitude he claims to rail against, then I don't know what is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sticks of Fire said:

I’d say EVSD is milking their tapes for all they can it’s been going on since the beginning of bootlegs

Yep. They've also been branching out to a lot of new artists that they never covered before. It used to just be Zeppelin on EV and Clapton/Stones on MVR. Now EV has the Beatles, Guns N Roses, Allman Brothers, Eagles, U2, Jimi Hendrix, Queen, Jeff Beck, and other groups. Not sure if that means that they are now slowing down on Zeppelin (doesn't look like it), as much as they are just releasing a lot more stuff than they used to and expanding to other groups. Throw in the Moonchild Records discs hopefully selling like hotcakes, and things like Evolution is Timing and the Niteowl matrices being a successful run of Dime-to-Pressed-Disc profit turners for them, and I would imagine that business is good.

Hopefully this expansion means that they can get back to releasing those 75 boards so that they can finish the series. Would be a shame to not see Long Beach 3/12, Philadelphia 2/8, Houston 2/27, or the LA shows not see the light of day.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1998giventofly said:

See that's the weird thing about the 929 board though...the cuts are so oddly placed. They have songs from all three tape reels that the band would have used to record the show. It seems odd that the sections between songs would just happen to be missing. As well as select songs from IN BETWEEN others, like Black Dog not being there, or Thank You being missing from between Communication Breakdown and Rock and Roll. It makes me suspicious that they have these songs but held them back for whatever reason.

With that said, I could be wrong, maybe EVSD actually put out all the stuff they had for 929 (except for WLL). I keep remembering hearing somewhere that they were gonna put out Whole Lotta Love as another single after Immigrant Song and Friends had come out. But that didn't happen. And here we are a year and change later with Twist and Shout from that Whole Lotta Love. So, who knows?

I tend to think they were honest about the 928 release though. I'm not sure why the beginning is missing but it seems like we have (mostly) the first two reels with no cuts. I'm not sure if they couldn't buy the third reel with Whole Lotta Love and the rest of the show or what exactly happened there. As of now it really seems like they don't have it and they gave us whatever they were able to find.

Yes, I have thought about this too, probably more than I should have. My latest hunch is they will re-release the rest of 9/29 show on the 50 anniversary 9/29/2021 along with the rest of 9/28 in some mega expensive box set. They teased us w/ 9/29, by showing us they have bits scattered from all over the show, and then went the conservative route w/ 9/28 making us think "that's all folks".  How long did they have just Black Dog out before this most recent release, was it 3 years or more?  They are crafty bastards and I would'nt put it past them and their ability to wait it out a few more years. Who the hell knows . . .

 

 

Edited by Tainted cheese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Tainted cheese said:

Yes, I have thought about this too, probably more than I should have. My latest hunch is they will re-release the rest of 9/29 show on the 40 anniversary 9/29/2021 along with the rest of 9/28 in some mega expensive box set. They teased us w/ 9/29, by showing us they have bits scattered from all over the show, and then went the conservative route w/ 9/28 making us think "that's all folks".  How long did they have just Black Dog out before this most recent release, was it 3 years or more?  They are crafty bastards and I would'nt put it past them and their ability to wait it out a few more years. Who the hell knows . . .

 

 

EV had put samples of the 928 soundboard on the "Live In Japan" GTO boxset 6 years ago.  It's also been 3 years since Deus Ex Machina came out, and the Japanese twitter accounts mentioned that people in the BF store had overheard that EV had the soundboard for Long Beach 2 in hand, along with a soundboard for Blueberry Hill.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, pluribus said:

EV had put samples of the 928 soundboard on the "Live In Japan" GTO boxset 6 years ago.  It's also been 3 years since Deus Ex Machina came out, and the Japanese twitter accounts mentioned that people in the BF store had overheard that EV had the soundboard for Long Beach 2 in hand, along with a soundboard for Blueberry Hill.

 

I will die of old age before I See a EV release of blueberry hill.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...