New EVSD soundboard?

ZepHead315

30 minutes ago, June72 said:

Good point, but that's not what I'm saying. We've waited a few months and a bit more won't kill.

What's frustrating is the label's tactics and marketing strategies... I mean, for a bootleg company, I don't understand why they try to prevent people from bootlegging their products. It's just hypocritical.

One word: capitalism

They ponied up the money to put the show on the market and don’t want any outlets preventing them from making the most they can on their investment. I don’t blame them, even with it not being their music to sell.  I look forward to an Eel Grass release.  

1 hour ago, June72 said:

Good point, but that's not what I'm saying. We've waited a few months and a bit more won't kill.

What's frustrating is the label's tactics and marketing strategies... I mean, for a bootleg company, I don't understand why they try to prevent people from bootlegging their products. It's just hypocritical.

You are correct sir.   Once you sell it and release it, you can’t whine about it getting spread around. I’m happy EVSD does release things no American collectors have ever done.  But the reality is you can’t  cry after you made a like of money and released it.

That’s why those smart collectors like Shinedaddy don’t even show images of their rare paper items like posters because once it’s out there anyone can copy it and it hurts the value of the originals. 

Edited by Sticks of Fire

On February 9, 2020 at 10:24 AM, ZepHead315 said:

A sample of Bron-Y-Aur Stomp is up: https://mqube.net/play/20200209142182

That was so great to listen to. To me, that is official release worthy. Super unique led zep gem, jones was like a page in a way and like a bonham in a way. Also a nice vocal from plant and a great outro vocal sequence by plant....showing just how much of a musical part he was with the band. 

20 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

Surely it would be too early for it to be released on dime in any case? It was only available for sale a few days ago....and then there is the ordering process and shipping time and wotnot. 

That’s what I’m saying. Give it a little bit and it’ll be everywhere...probably even YouTube 

3 hours ago, Miinsane1971 said:

How long until there is a Moonchild release? It's bound to happen, right? 

Moonchild is Empress Valley.

If you mean Eelgrass, I’m sure there will be one of those. But by that point there will already be 20 different fan remasters too.

Edited by pluribus

7 minutes ago, gcczep said:

929 became Kutabare so yes...

Winston Remaster use the EV board How the East Was Won to make his fan remaster called Kutabare Moonchild. Moonchild then copied his remaster, just as they had copied nearly all of his previous ones. EVSD then put Winston's Kutabare onto their latest 929 boxset as the "Hagure Gumo" remaster.

Given that Moonchild is a label of Empress Valley, it makes for a circular flow of cloning: EV released a board that was then made into a fan remaster, and then EV put that remaster out on their Moonchild label. Then, they put that remaster out again on the EV label.

3 hours ago, pluribus said:

If you mean Eelgrass, I’m sure there will be one of those. But by that point there will already be 20 different fan remasters too.

When HTEWW was released, I’m sure it was a lot quicker than that. Wasn’t it a matter of days? 

4 hours ago, pluribus said:

Is there any proof that Moonchild is Empress Valley? I'm not saying they're not, but all I have seen is speculation. 

1 hour ago, Miinsane1971 said:

Is there any proof that Moonchild is Empress Valley? I'm not saying they're not, but all I have seen is speculation. 

No speculation...Look at the Moonchild artwork and use of typography. One of the best known Empress Valley distributors (AirRaid) is offering Moonchild/Empress titles as a bonus if you buy five titles. Moonchild is a rather clever move to release popular bootlegs at bargain prices. It helps Empress Valley/Mid Valley/ Halcyon to dominate an increasingly difficult market, where more budget friendly copy cats like Eelgrass and Eat A Peach/Golden Eggs are eager to cash in on re releases.

And by the way, who had the opportunity to actually dig in to the 928 SB ? OK, we were lucky enough to get the remastered 'Bron Y Aur Stomp' appetizer, but what about the rest? I'm extremely curious to learn about the sound quality and the gaps/cuts  in the source tape. Any reviewers out there?

5 hours ago, Marmalade166 said:

Why on earth would Dime accede to EVSD's request in the first place? Make's me wonder where this rumour has come from...

Dime rules (or at least they did) don't allow uploads of single tracks, simple as that.

6 hours ago, pluribus said:

Winston Remaster use the EV board How the East Was Won to make his fan remaster called Kutabare Moonchild. Moonchild then copied his remaster, just as they had copied nearly all of his previous ones. EVSD then put Winston's Kutabare onto their latest 929 boxset as the "Hagure Gumo" remaster.

Given that Moonchild is a label of Empress Valley, it makes for a circular flow of cloning: EV released a board that was then made into a fan remaster, and then EV put that remaster out on their Moonchild label. Then, they put that remaster out again on the EV label.

Agree and someone will do a remaster of the 928 then off we go... 

36 minutes ago, Xolo1974 said:

Sounds like the board has good ambience, and the audience are quite prominent. Hope someone does a merge of this with 929. All that will be missing is thank you and wll 

I will definitely be compiling a merge of the two shows as soon as possible. We’ll see how it turns out before I decide if I want to share it. And I’m sure I’m not the only one who is doing so. 

I plan on only using the soundboard sources for the music as much as possible, meaning the 929 stage source will only be used for Whole Lotta Love and Thank You (and dialogue in between songs). 

While there are much worse songs than Thank You to be lacking a soundboard source, a majority of WLL has the worst mix of the stage source. But it suddenly sounds great once You Shook Me starts... what’s with that??

Of the versions I have listened to so far, it is Winston’s first remaster (Arigatou) that has Plant the most audible during WLL, so that’s likely the one I’ll use. However, if anyone has another suggestion, let me know so I can do some comparing. 

22 hours ago, William Austin said:

Of the versions I have listened to so far, it is Winston’s first remaster (Arigatou) that has Plant the most audible during WLL, so that’s likely the one I’ll use. However, if anyone has another suggestion, let me know so I can do some comparing. 

I would recommend WLL from this one - "Live in Japan 1971" 6CD - No Label, 2019. It's the tape source used by Wendy without any noise reduction.