Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
ZepHead315

New EVSD soundboard?

Recommended Posts

I'd like to extend my sincerest apologies to everyone for being part of fanning the fire on this one. I think we can all agree to move on.

 

Getting back to the topic,

10 minutes ago, ZepHead315 said:

Moving on...

Here are all the samples of the soundboard which have popped up so far, compiled into one video:

 

Thanks a million for getting these up for everyone! Hopefully this'll get to tons of people who haven't had the chance to listen to everything out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ZepHead315 said:

Moving on...

Here are all the samples of the soundboard which have popped up so far, compiled into one video:

 

Was just listening to this and having a toast! Great to hear CD anytime - makes me want the smoking 9/29 version even more! So glad these shows are being unearthed. Thanks for sharing!!

93C4788C-7BDB-4C91-9A90-EB127E651DD0.jpeg

Edited by Walter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZepHead315 said:

Moving on...

Here are all the samples of the soundboard which have popped up so far, compiled into one video:

 

Correction: not all the samples as Black Dog and We Shall Overcome were not included. Still a nice summation of what we've gotten thus far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, goldenretreiver157 said:

why not post the whole thing?

Because it's up to the people that upload it whether they're comfortable with their links being shared publicly or not. Those who have the show are lucky that it's been shared with them, and they will respect the wishes of those who share it. 

Don't worry, at this rate, it really can't be too much longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, zepster1979 said:

You're still missing me with that guy. Why are you so stubborn, hah? Perhaps not enough knowledge as to who is who...typical in such place.

Whatever you say, AA...been a dozen years since Freezer asked me to find out if you were the guy who leaked the info to TCOLZ about his Baton rouge '77 recording, and then you were outed over at the Hotel for being the TCOLZ shill. Like Bobby De Niro said in Goodfellas: you don't know who I am, but I KNOW who you are...

Edited by Nutrocker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kiss my arse, asshole!

And who is hoarding Indy 77 tape if not you?
You're hypocrite, dude.

Edited by zepster1979

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2020 at 11:44 PM, June72 said:

I'd be very very very VERY interested in just about any full '72 board. It could be Tokyo or Charlotte, I'd be giddy as a schoolgirl. We can only hope any of this, from Blueberry Hill to a '72 sbd will materialize one day.

I agree 100%. The three SBD tunes from Long Beach are my fav board recording. I love the sound of that tape, especially Bonzo's drums. 

Also, the Minneapolis '75 tape is out there, but I don't think it's been picked up yet.... maybe EV has a copy and are biding their time.  I don't much care for another later 75 tour show as there are so many, but I would love to hear the songlist for those first few gigs with HMMT, Wanton Song , and Levee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, porgie66 said:

I agree 100%. The three SBD tunes from Long Beach are my fav board recording. I love the sound of that tape, especially Bonzo's drums. 

Also, the Minneapolis '75 tape is out there, but I don't think it's been picked up yet.... maybe EV has a copy and are biding their time.  I don't much care for another later 75 tour show as there are so many, but I would love to hear the songlist for those first few gigs with HMMT, Wanton Song , and Levee. 

What's interesting about that Long Beach tape is that it actually isn't a soundboard -- I believe people have explained to me that it was actually an unaltered multitrack, explaining the great quality. So really, we've never heard even a snippet of a '72 SBD.

The Bloomington/Minneapolis tape is certainly available in some capacity, but apparently for about 20k. There have been discussions of crowd funding or something along those lines over on RO, hopefully that gets off the ground. I'm also not interested too much in a new '75 SBD, but Bloomington, Philadelphia, and Chicago night 2 would certainly be exceptions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, zepster1979 said:

Kiss my arse, asshole!

And who is hoarding Indy 77 tape if not you?
You're hypocrite, dude.

I don’t want to start anything I was just genuinely curious about this as a 77 fan, could you tell me the story about this show

Edited by wordev1977

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wordev1977 said:

I don’t want to start anything I was just genuinely curious about this as a 77 fan, could you tell me the story about this show

Probably a bunch of BS, and bickering that goes way back...never been proven real at all just like the “Baton Rouge 1977”

Edited by Sticks of Fire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, wordev1977 said:

I don’t want to start anything I was just genuinely curious about this as a 77 fan, could you tell me the story about this show

Several years ago there was some discussion concentrated on some uncirculated stuff and this including Indianapolis 1977 audience tape. Some guys were reported to get copies, some of them were hoarding this as well. That's all. Typical horse play here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, zepster1979 said:

Several years ago there was some discussion concentrated on some uncirculated stuff and this including Indianapolis 1977 audience tape. Some guys were reported to get copies, some of them were hoarding this as well. That's all. Typical horse play here.

Thanks for the response! Maybe some day it’ll leak out!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, wordev1977 said:

Thanks for the response! Maybe some day it’ll leak out!

This is the kind of optimism I love to see around here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2020 at 6:25 PM, Walter said:

Was just listening to this and having a toast! Great to hear CD anytime - makes me want the smoking 9/29 version even more! So glad these shows are being unearthed. Thanks for sharing!!

93C4788C-7BDB-4C91-9A90-EB127E651DD0.jpeg

Cool upload! How can we get the rest? Someone will have to a How Japan Was Won.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case anyone needs them, here are some download links (mp3 and flac):

http://www.royal-orleans.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=46588&p=909516#p909500

I have to say, I am blown away by how hot this show is.  To be honest, I've never thought the Japanese shows, great as they are, were that much better than the smoking shows from North America a few weeks earlier.  Plus the fact that this board was incomplete, I wasn't too excited about this release.  Glad to say I was very wrong, sound and performance here is amazing, esp. HB, D&C, and STH.  (CD is fun, not as good as Toronto.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even if incomplete,  am so excited that the Japanese soundboards are making an appearance after thinking for decades now that they didn't exist at all.  Gives me hope about what else is out there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is cool to hear how parts of the Dazed jam point toward the section that built into Pennies from Heaven the next night.  You can hear the living, breathing artistic process as it evolves and flows through time.  This whole release is just stunning.   The band is so tight, so completely masterful, and everything flows organically.  Jimmy said it best - tight but loose.  And dancing on the precipice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had recently been listening to the Led Zeppelin I companion disc of Paris Oct 1969.  It got me wondering (again!).  I realize the Osaka board tapes are incomplete and they are not multitracks,  but Paris 1969 is not a multitrack either as far as I know.  So, it seems to me that Jimmy could work on the Osaka board tapes and produce a very strong release.  I know he has said he wanted to release stuff that was not bootlegged but the Paris Oct 1969 show was out for years before the official release.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Mr_K said:

Cool upload! How can we get the rest? Someone will have to a How Japan Was Won.

That's a cool idea.

Edited by BeenALongTime

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...