best song off presence

xmas

• 1 month later...
Far and away the BEST song off of Presence is "Tea For One". Easily the most haunting song ever to come out of the Zep machine. Robert's vocal work on this track is some of his best...ever. The entire band really shined here and I personally believe this is their most under-rated cut in their amazing catalog. I cannot listen to this song and not get chills. A sad, sad song. And yet, one of my all-time favorites.

I have to agree with this first and only post by this new member. Tea For One is never played on the radio. It seems to be a track that is just tucked away, unless you know it. I love it, and also get the chills. It can either lift your spirits or bring you way down into the depths of despair.

My favorite is Achilles Last Stand, but I must give honorable mention to For Your Life, Nobody's Fault But Mine, Candy Store Rock and Hots On For Nowhere.

Presence is by far the most underrated Led Zeppelin album. It's also one of Jimmy Page's favorites.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Presence probably is Led Zep's most underrated album, and I think it's one of their finest achievements.

Bonzo really shines on the album and it's so hard to pick which song is the best. Achilles, well, what can you say, it's just an incredible thunderous track, Bonzo's fills are just incredible, but then you get For Your Life which is exceedingly interesting in the way the band modulates the main riff, it almost borrows from classical-style arrangements where main themes were playe din major, then minor.

Royal Orleans again is a great fun number, good riff, cheeky song, cool bonzo drumming again, and nice use of bongos.

Nobody's Fault But Mine: the 'single' off the album , lol, good funky riff

Hots On For Nowhere is great catchy song, again great feel from Bonzo on the drums. Presence is really his album, the one he shines on.

Candy Store Rock is okay,

But Tea For One: sounds too much like Since I Been Loving You, to me, and suffers against its more famous older brother.

Tea For One. I know it's "SIBLY: Chapter Two", but what a Page moment in those solos. All done in one night.

For Your Life, Hots On For Nowhere, ALS, the sweet groove of Royal Orleans? Fuck me, who can choose?

I'll take the whole album, and be glad I have that option. :beer:

Far and away the BEST song off of Presence is "Tea For One". Easily the most haunting song ever to come out of the Zep machine. Robert's vocal work on this track is some of his best...ever. The entire band really shined here and I personally believe this is their most under-rated cut in their amazing catalog. I cannot listen to this song and not get chills. A sad, sad song. And yet, one of my all-time favorites.

I agree with you on that...I think once a person gets through all the 'well-known' songs "Tea for one" seems to be the one that sticks. It's like the hidden gem. I believe a person's taste changes with age and a new understanding of the songs comes in with each life experience...I also think a person has to keep going back to Presence with each passing of time and age because I know now that I'm older and have rediscovered Presence it takes on a whole new meaning...and the songs stand up a bit more for me.

Just the thought of what was going on during the making of this cd-- It makes it easy to understand why this Led Zeppelin cd seems to radiant a power that can be felt.

"Tea for one" for me seems to pick up where "Since I've been loving you" left off...very haunting song. Everything is perfect...Robert's voice, the lyrics, the music...it's all overpowering.

This is the cd I like to put in and fall asleep with-- it seems to weave strange dreams LOL

Tea For One. I know it's "SIBLY: Chapter Two", but what a Page moment in those solos. All done in one night.

For Your Life, Hots On For Nowhere, ALS, the sweet groove of Royal Orleans? Fuck me, who can choose?

I'll take the whole album, and be glad I have that option. :beer:

Amen! ;)

Didn't Mr. Plant say that Presence was one of his top Led Zeppelin album picks?

Amen! ;)

Didn't Mr. Plant say that Presence was one of his top Led Zeppelin album picks?

And so he should, it's definately one their best albums, as a performance, up there with Led Zep II and Physical Grafiti.

I have to say though, Led Zep IV is one of my least favourite albums, I can just hear them trying to play for a public response, like they were too stung after Led Zep III's criticisms and they needed to win the public over again

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite song off the album is Tea For One... :D

i looke at some posts and not many ppl picked this song... tear tear

And ppl also say that Presence is like there worst album.. yea um NO!! it is not! In Through The Out Door is 5 times worse and Coda is O.K i guess but Presence is far from their worst album. I just rly wish i could have seen Led Zeppelin live but im only 13...so yea...tear...

I LOVE JIMMY PAGE!! he's is so sexxi :P

Archived