LED ZEPPELIN EASTER EGGS IN DVD'S AND CD'S

how are these Led Zep things "easter eggs" ?? :huh:

It's a term used for little tid bits, songs or video, that are "hidden" on CDs and DVDs. They're like Easter eggs because you have to search for them. Often "searching" just means, let the thing play several seconds past the end of the official stuff. Sometimes it's a combination of buttons you have press to evoke them. HTH! :)

It's a term used for little tid bits, songs or video, that are "hidden" on CDs and DVDs. They're like Easter eggs because you have to search for them. Often "searching" just means, let the thing play several seconds past the end of the official stuff. Sometimes it's a combination of buttons you have press to evoke them. HTH! :)

ok... I always thought an easter egg was something you really had to look for. perhaps I'm just disappointed because all the Led Zep easter eggs were things that I already knew and seemed kind of obvious. but there's some The Wall DVD stuff that sounds cool that I can't wait to try... :D

ok... I always thought an easter egg was something you really had to look for. perhaps I'm just disappointed because all the Led Zep easter eggs were things that I already knew and seemed kind of obvious. but there's some The Wall DVD stuff that sounds cool that I can't wait to try... :D

Well, sometimes Easter eggs are left in plain sight, other times you find a gnarly disgusting egg behind the book case 6 years later... :D

Well, sometimes Easter eggs are left in plain sight, other times you find a gnarly disgusting egg behind the book case 6 years later... :D

I was drinking milk with my dinner while I read that and you were this close to initiating the milk shot out of the nose sequence... :P

:lol: I didn't even know they were Easter Eggs. I've watched it from beginning to end (credits & FBI Warning, as well) so many times, I thought they were regular parts of the DVD.

Same here. These things come on by themselves, you needn't seek them out. Just let the disc play.

Now, how about Easter Eggs in TSRTS?? Anybody? :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

For the most part I have never heard of Easter Eggs on c.d.s. Are you all sure about that one? There is only one c.d. that has something like that that I know about but I've never considered it an Easter Egg. Especially since I think it came out a year before d.v.d.s hit the mainstream market.

So where would YOU all hide a song on a c.d. if it were up to you? How about at the BEGINNING of a c.d.? No...the VERY beginning of a c.d. So that when you push play after you put the disc in...you have to rewind it all the way to the hidden song BEFORE the first one that starts playing. Bad-ass, huh? That c.d. that I know about is by a group called Better Than Ezra. The c.d. is called "Friction, Baby" and I think was released in the year 1996.

ACTUALLY I just Wikipidia-ed the "Deluxe" studio l.p. by Better Than Ezra and found out that only early copies had this song hidden at the beginning. Later copies had it tacked on the end unlisted still. STILL it was done...

Better Than Ezra is the ONLY band that anyone has ever heard of that comes from the place I live in!

Easter egg--on the first Pirates of the Caribbean DVD, there's a cool if short interview with Keith Richards if you click on one of the teeth on the skeleton. (That's the kind of egg that's actually hidden, rather than just playing.)

Same here. These things come on by themselves, you needn't seek them out. Just let the disc play.

Which may be the case for some DVD players since not all DVD players will access all the menu fucntions on every DVD. The Studios go to great lengths to try and get DVD programs to work on the greatest number of players. However, it is not always a sure thing. And Blu-Ray (which is crap) is even worse than HD DVD or DVD in that regard.

For the most part I have never heard of Easter Eggs on c.d.s. Are you all sure about that one? There is only one c.d. that has something like that that I know about but I've never considered it an Easter Egg. Especially since I think it came out a year before d.v.d.s hit the mainstream market.

So where would YOU all hide a song on a c.d. if it were up to you? How about at the BEGINNING of a c.d.? No...the VERY beginning of a c.d. So that when you push play after you put the disc in...you have to rewind it all the way to the hidden song BEFORE the first one that starts playing. Bad-ass, huh? That c.d. that I know about is by a group called Better Than Ezra. The c.d. is called "Friction, Baby" and I think was released in the year 1996.

ACTUALLY I just Wikipidia-ed the "Deluxe" studio l.p. by Better Than Ezra and found out that only early copies had this song hidden at the beginning. Later copies had it tacked on the end unlisted still. STILL it was done...

Nirvana has a hidden song on Nevermind called "Endless Nameless" which comes at the end of the cd after "Something In The Way" (there's like 6 1/2 minutes of silence & then the song starts) but not all copies of the cd have it.

Nirvana has a hidden song on Nevermind called "Endless Nameless" which comes at the end of the cd after "Something In The Way" (there's like 6 1/2 minutes of silence & then the song starts) but not all copies of the cd have it.

To "hide" a song at the end of a cd has become quite common I think. I'm not too fond of those to be honest....if it's a song I like, I'd rather be able to access it wihtout having to wait for half an hour and if it's just some extra junk/noise I can do without it. Plus a couple of times those extras gave me quite a start....five minutes of silence and all of a sudden people start talking out of nowhere... :blink:

One Two Gallants cd has a load of extra songs of other artists on it in MP3 format - only found out about it when I tried to copy the cd onto my comp. It's a way for the record label to try and introduce some of their artists to a broader audience.

The bootleg TSRTS "egg" (which I thought was just a normal thing) from the 2003 DVD is from the "Listen To This, Eddie" LA Forum show on June 21, 1977, for those who didn't know. Bonzo is bloody nuts on this one. Do it, do it!

Archived