ROBERT AT THE KNICKS-SIXERS GAME TONIGHT!

Wolfman

Robert Plant a basketball fan NO WAY he's there in new york for some kind of business this smells fishy. Something is going on with him and the garden maybe future concert dates. MY friend who was at the game said he looked very disintrested in the game. Also he dident rule out not playing with the band again. SOMETHINGS GOING DOWN.

Robert Plant a basketball fan NO WAY he's there in new york for some kind of business this smells fishy. Something is going on with him and the garden maybe future concert dates. MY friend who was at the game said he looked very disintrested in the game. Also he dident rule out not playing with the band again. SOMETHINGS GOING DOWN.

Let's not get crazy here...it was what is was, just a night out. I'm sure he attends tons of events that he could care less about. When him and Jimmy played Chicago in '98 they went to the Bulls game the night before and were embaressed by bringing Dennis Rodman (drunk, high) on stage during their concert the next night.

I said it last summer (and I was right) and I'll say it again: When there's nothing going on, Robert leaves no doubt and knocks the "Will Zep be playing?" question out of the park. He didn't do it then and he didn't do it here either.

I like the chances of Zep doing something again. I don't think they're done yet.

Here's an excerpt from today's New York Times in the sports section regarding Robert Plant's appearance at The Garden last night. Most of the article is about the Knicks/Sixers game, so I'm just posting the part about Robert. Seems that the writer of the article is more enthusiatic about Robert Plant than the Knicks. No surprise there, even though they won.

New York Times

Saturday, January 26

by Mike Ogle

At the Knicks’ final home game until Feb. 4, Led Zeppelin’s “Rock And Roll” played over the Garden speakers as Robert Plant sat courtside, receiving as rousing an ovation as the basketball team ever did.

The Knicks, now experiencing good vibes for the first time in a while, can borrow Plant’s lyrics as they travel the difficult road: “It’s been a long time since I rock and rolled.”

The Knicks were singing again.

Thanks a lot for the link, great to see Robert getting such a great reception!

Afraid I think folks are reading WAAAAAY too much into both his appearance and his comments, though. Sure, it wasn't a no--it wasn't a yes, either. Which, taken together, means he said precisely nothing. Possibly because he didn't want to make an announcement on behalf of the band, in a casual interview like this, possibly because there is so far nothing to say, who knows?

Thanks a lot for the link, great to see Robert getting such a great reception!

Afraid I think folks are reading WAAAAAY too much into both his appearance and his comments, though. Sure, it wasn't a no--it wasn't a yes, either. Which, taken together, means he said precisely nothing. Possibly because he didn't want to make an announcement on behalf of the band, in a casual interview like this, possibly because there is so far nothing to say, who knows?

I completely agree with you, Aqua. He didn't say yes, he didn't say no. He didn't say anything. I really don't get how poeple read between the lines when there's nothing there. :huh:

thanks for the link to the interview...what i found interesting is when the interviewer stated "we would like you to get right here" meaning msg and you hear robert "yeah"...well at least he didn't say no...and robert you are not creaky

okay is it me or did the interviewer look like deer in the highlights when he mentioned kasmir...she looked like she didn't know the song

Hey thanks for the links, that was too cool. I wonder who was sitting on each side of Robert; you can see him say something, or at least acknowledge, the person to his right at the beginning of the clip. And am I imagining things, or does he seem to come alive and "sparkle" more when being interviewed by an attractive young lady? :D

I completely agree with you, Aqua. He didn't say yes, he didn't say no. He didn't say anything. I really don't get how poeple read between the lines when there's nothing there. :huh:

Because most of them weren't as lucky as us (the reunion) so there's always hope...I do take not saying anything as hope over what Robert used to say (no)...again, who knows whats around the corner

Because most of them weren't as lucky as us (the reunion) so there's always hope...I do take not saying anything as hope over what Robert used to say (no)...again, who knows whats around the corner

I know most weren't as lucky as we were, Wolfman (btw...missed you at the train, pity indeed :( ), still he didn't say anything, he didn't say yes nor no. Oh, well, let people hear what they want....we all can dream, and some dreams do come true, right? ;)

That could very well be for some people. I wasn't one of the lucky ones at the 02 but I didn't think there was anything "hidden" in what Robert said in that interview. What I heard was someone very much looking forward to his upcoming tour with Alison :)

I understand what you're saying here, Wolfman, and I agree that there's as much reason to hope as not to, based on what Robert said. I guess I always think in terms of realism so as not to be disappointed. And I really didn't hear anything in what he said one way or the other, and even that doesn't mean much, given that he did hint at the reunion in the past as well as denying it. So who knows! I hope whatever he does in the future will make him and us happy, and I'm sure it will (most of us!).

Thanks for the YouTube clip - very cool.

I'm an NBA fan and I'm embarrassed for Robert that he had the misfortune to those two crappy teams LOL

Like everyone said previously, he gave his expected ambiguous answers to the reunion tour question but still better than a flat out No Way.

Thanks all, for the pointers to this.

Lucky lady interviewer!

I imagine, in the aftermath of the O2, and amidst all the pressure/ speculation about further LZ gigs, it must be hard to keep focus on anything else much. However from what I've seen of Robert in this and other recent interviews, I think it's obvious it's the Plant/Krauss project where his heart and head's at right now. He seems so passionate and happy about this collaboration, I'm happy for him.

Beyond this, who knows? Looking forward to catching Mr. P and Ms. K in Manchester and Wembley, and keeping my fingers crossed!