ROBERT AT THE KNICKS-SIXERS GAME TONIGHT!

Wolfman

Who interviewed him?

Some girl named Jill....she does these one minute interviews at halftime...I loved when she said that the whole MSG staff was buzzing all day when they found out he was coming to the game!!!

Many thanks for this. I liked how he said they were all getting "creeky". Always great how he can make fun of himself. Seems like he thought the questions were ridiculous, by his facial expressions. Doesn't like being put on the spot I guess. Didn't say no but focussing on tour with AK now.

When Robert was questioned about playing more gigs with Zep,

while he was committed to touring with Alison Krauss he said playing with Jimmy & JPJ

"was about putting a lot of things right".

Sounded like there was still some unfinished business to me.

Here's hoping the wizards will return to Oz next summer.

That honestly sounded really positive to me. He's not saying, "Yes, definitely," because that would cause pandemonium in the media and on the web, and have every major festival and venue around the world calling them up etc etc. But at the same time, he's being very positive about the experience and isn't just saying, "We put things right, now we can let it lie". He keeps talking in the present tense...

It may take time, but it seems to me that there is definitely more to come.

Oooh Thank You for finding the clip! Wish I still liked the Knicks, maybe I would've been there, but no longer a Basketball fan! :(

Got a little emotional seeing Robert. He is so close, but yet soooooo far away! I wonder why he is in NY? Must have some business there, don't you think? Or is it just PR and being visible to gather interest in the Raising Sand tour for the U.S. leg of it?

I just watched it!!!! He's look SO GOOD!!! He sounds wonderful.

Robert had nice things to say about the O2 show, performing with the guys again and getting it right (perhaps for the final time???) I gather that his focus right now is soley on his tour with Alison Krauss. What's around corner......who can say but I won't necessarily think it's what many of us hope for or cling to..... it might be the new Strange Sensation project. B)

Yes, The NY Post:

RPKnicksMSG2501-1.jpg

New York Post

ZEP IN THEIR STEP

KNICKS GET LED OUT IN FRONT OF FRONTMAN

By MARC BERMAN

January 26, 2008 -- Robert Plant was on celebrity row last night, leading to Led Zeppelin music blaring on the Garden P.A. much of the game.

But the most important chord last night was this: The Knicks, despite their crummy 14-28 record, are climbing the stairway to the eighth seed.

MORE: Knicks Blog

Believe it or not. Before they head west for a rugged five-game, eight-day sojourn on terrain that usually spells disaster, the Knicks have moved four games behind the eighth seed following last night's revenge-tinged, 89-81 victory over the 76ers.

Resilience and team ball is back at the Garden, as the Knicks placed five men in double figures and notched 22 assists to just 15 turnovers. The Knicks silenced the Sixers in the final five minutes, holding them to one point, forcing them into 42.3-percent shooting.

The angst and dread at the Garden is fading. They are 5-2 since Stephon Marbury removed himself from the season for ankle surgery. Still recovering, Marbury was not in the building last night.

Owner James Dolan, who has his own blues band, felt so confident with the game that he spent several minutes of the third quarter chatting up Plant in a hallway.

"I think we're playing with a lot more trust and honesty," coach Isiah Thomas said in taking another subtle jab at Marbury. "We have good shot distribution. Everyone feels a part of the game. Everyone gets to touch the basketball. You feel [the ball], maybe on the other end, defensively you play a little better."

Amid a season of humiliating moments, losing on back-to-back nights in early December vs. the awful Sixers ranked among the worst. It included Dec. 8's 105-77 blowout loss.

"Our team is at a completely different point right now as a team," said David Lee, who had 14 points and six rebounds. "We're playing harder as a team. The reason Philly beat us twice is they played harder than us. Sometimes teams just hits their stride. We've done that."

Jamal Crawford hit for a team-high 18 points, including a huge three-point play on a runner and foul with 3:11 left for an 85-80 lead and a clinching, step-back 20 footer off a crossover with 57 seconds left, securing the lead at 87-81.

Nate Robinson was again a buzzard off the bench - 13 points, five assists and breakneck pace energizing the Garden. In the third quarter, Robinson collected a rebound, went coast to coast for a layup ala Jason Kidd.

Now, the West Coast beckons, with Golden State tomorrow night. The Knicks historically have been dreadful in the Pacific and Mountain time zones. Their November West Coast trip set the tone for their collapse and fractured the club. The Knicks went 0-4 amid the turmoil of Marbury bolting the team after a fight with Thomas before returning.

marc.berman@nypost.com

more later...

Archived