the FOOTBALL thread

Hermit

Yep, Eagles lead going into the 4th...that hasn't happened all year, has it? I have to admit, I'll be bummed if the Pats lose. I'd like to see something historic, and it would shut up those obnoxious '72 Dolphins!

Yeah but Brady is obnoxious enough without hanging the "undefeated" tag on him

that would be almost unbearable..I mean the talking heads on the idiot box won't shut up about it and it hasn't even happened..imagine how bad it'll be if it does?

Considering I bleed green, any lose is a tough lose...but this one proved to be most bittersweet. Eventhough Feeley threw a costly interception with 3 minutes left and the Birds were within field goal range, the Birds played outstanding football all night..some of the best driving I've seen outta them all season. And I'm still happy McNabb didn't play for them. It was confidence the whole team needed to take on the Patriots and Feeley gave them that confidence for 57 minutes of football this evening.

You think the '72 Dolphins are obnoxious?

Trust me on this, if the Pats go undefeated they will make the '72 squad look like the most humble group of men to ever walk the earth.

Hell yeah they are. Most recordholders, in any sport, are gracious when it comes time for someone to break their longstanding record, whether it be Hank Aaron, a track-and-field athlete, or whoever. They generally take the attitude "no record stands forever, I'll shake their hand when it comes time to fall".

But the Dolphins are the only recordholders I can think of who actively root against anyone coming close to their record, and celebrate by popping champagne when someone falls short.

It would be awesome for not only their undefeated record to fall, but for their franchise to get tarnished with the "reverse dream season" (0-16).

Considering I bleed green, any lose is a tough lose...but this one proved to be most bittersweet. Eventhough Feeley threw a costly interception with 3 minutes left and the Birds were within field goal range, the Birds played outstanding football all night..some of the best driving I've seen outta them all season. And I'm still happy McNabb didn't play for them. It was confidence the whole team needed to take on the Patriots and Feeley gave them that confidence for 57 minutes of football this evening.

The Eagles covered the spread didn't they? They were 20-24 point underdogs? I guess they played the Pats tought and fought valiantly but there's no consolation prizes for losing. Ah well, the Pats have the Ravens next week....they can make up for lack of scoring frenzy tonight.

Hell yeah they are. Most recordholders, in any sport, are gracious when it comes time for someone to break their longstanding record, whether it be Hank Aaron, a track-and-field athlete, or whoever. They generally take the attitude "no record stands forever, I'll shake their hand when it comes time to fall".

But the Dolphins are the only recordholders I can think of who actively root against anyone coming close to their record, and celebrate by popping champagne when someone falls short.

It would be awesome for not only their undefeated record to fall, but for their franchise to get tarnished with the "reverse dream season" (0-16).

If the Pats manage to go 19-0, I bet '72 Dolphins will be gracious and the first to congratulate them on a job well done....it is quite an accomplishment whether it was done 1972 or 2007-08. The whole champagne toast thing does border on the absurd but I don't think it's as widespread among members of this team as it's been made out to be.

And believe me the franchise is already tarnished at 0-11 & counting....it will certainly get worse. The Dolphins are my favorite team and I know they are bad but I certainly hope they don't go 0-16. I wouldn't wish that on any franchisse....not even your Lions.

Well, even though the suck-ass Lions lost to go to 6-5, two of the three teams that were a game behind them (but had all defeated the Lions, so would win a tie-breaker), have lost today. Washington and Arizona lost today, and Philly plays New England tonight, so that's a tall order. The Lions will likely remain a game ahead of everyone. But don't worry, they have plenty of weeks to fuck it all up! ^_^

Lions have a real tough schedule the rest of the way. You think they have a chance of holding up?

Bears pulled out a miracle win yesterday. The Bears would be one of the worst teams in the league if they didn't have Hester. Amazing to see teams still kicking to him.

Sounds like there are alot of disappointed people out there because the Pats won last night. Too bad. If anything last night helps us go undefeated. Lifelong Pats fan and former season ticket holder before I moved south of the Mason-Dixon line. But I can tell you after watching them in the cellar all those years, listening to all you haters is a breath of fresh air. I also say FUCK the NFL Network. This is going to be the second biggest game of the year and 90% of us won't be able to see it, please!!! I pray to God we have a Packers/Patriots Super Bowl so we can avenge 96. Plus I have nothing but respect for Farve and love watching him play the game. Been an awesome year so far with alot to go. GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like there are alot of disappointed people out there because the Pats won last night. Too bad. If anything last night helps us go undefeated. Lifelong Pats fan and former season ticket holder before I moved south of the Mason-Dixon line. But I can tell you after watching them in the cellar all those years, listening to all you haters is a breath of fresh air. I also say FUCK the NFL Network. This is going to be the second biggest game of the year and 90% of us won't be able to see it, please!!! I pray to God we have a Packers/Patriots Super Bowl so we can avenge 96. Plus I have nothing but respect for Farve and love watching him play the game. Been an awesome year so far with alot to go. GO PATRIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, your Patroits are certainly the team of this decade so far so you are certainly entitled to enjoy it while it lasts.

I'm a Fins fan so right now we are the cellar, bottom of the barrel and it aint' fun. Let's just hope W. Huzienga hired the right people (well in Cam's case I vote NO) to start turning this sinking ship around....

Well, your Patroits are certainly the team of this decade so far so you are certainly entitled to enjoy it while it lasts.

I'm a Fins fan so right now we are the cellar, bottom of the barrel and it aint' fun. Let's just hope W. Huzienga hired the right people (well in Cam's case I vote NO) to start turning this sinking ship around....

I hope so too cause the AFC East used to be a monster Division. The Dolphins really screwed Marino at the end of his career, what with no offensive line to speak of and no running game.

I hope so too cause the AFC East used to be a monster Division. The Dolphins really screwed Marino at the end of his career, what with no offensive line to speak of and no running game.

Yeah, I remember when the AFC East was the most competitive division. It's all cylical though....the AFC East will rise again. Every team, sans the Pats, are sub .500 so things can't go anywhere but up. :)

I always blame the Fish for not providing complete team around him in his prime(decent running game, good defense). Dan Marino is one of the best QBs not to win a SB-it's a shame he only went to 1 in his career.

Hi all,

Hey nemos9!Where did you live around these parts?

I have to agree,we use to be called 'The Pattzie's because even in the old AFL we stunk!The Steelers of the 70's,49ers of the 80's,Cowboys of the 90's,now it is our turn,....

If the NFL and Time-Warner can get their you-know-what out of you-know-where(Jerry Jones is livid about this) maybe we can see the big games without the extra 'fee' :angry:

I DO what the Eagles to make the playoffs,...man they played great!

Hi all,

Hey nemos9!Where did you live around these parts?

I have to agree,we use to be called 'The Pattzie's because even in the old AFL we stunk!The Steelers of the 70's,49ers of the 80's,Cowboys of the 90's,now it is our turn,....

If the NFL and Time-Warner can get their you-know-what out of you-know-where(Jerry Jones is livid about this) maybe we can see the big games without the extra 'fee' :angry:

I DO what the Eagles to make the playoffs,...man they played great!

I'm a TW customer too, formerly Adelphia. Adelphia used to carry the NFL network for an additional $5 a month. I hear TW wants to put it on a sports tier so customers can pay $$$$ to get it along with other sports channels. I don't want other sports channels though...I just want the NFL network so I don't know why TW can't charge extra $5/mth if people wish to view the NFL network.

I'm a long time Browns fan and we're hanging tough.Maybe not quite playoff material yet but I'm enjoying the ride...finally!

I think the Browns will make it and may manage an upset or two if they get in the tournament (well, at least one). They are breathing down the Steelers neck though they have to win out to take the division (due to Steelers sweep).

Yeah, so the Lions.....

:angry:

NE and Philly turned into quite a game last night. Nice to see a team stand tall against NE and not back down. This was definitely an off night for the Pat defence. The Eagles did a good job containing Moss, however a HUGE advantage NE has is when teams decide that they are not going to let Randy Moss beat them, that leaves Welker and Stallworth with less coverage. Both of whom are great after the catch. Welker really impresses me. Number #1 option, no. But dangerous nonetheless.

Archived