The songs all sound the same

toleressea

I am very tired of my brother always telling me that all their songs sound the same. I was just watching the SRTS HD disk when he comes over and says "I dont know why you always listen to them all their stuff sounds the same, dont you know thats why they called it The Song Remains the Same?" So, heres my idea. I want to make him a cd of the most artistically opposed songs that they have so I could prove to him that they are the most diverse band that has existed. I am asking for your help in choosing the songs to include on the cd. I think they would have to be studio as I dont think he can handle any live material - Live Zep is too much for his brain to process. I think that "In the Light" would be an excellent starter. Any ideas?

1. In the Light

"In The Light" would be good...... i would also say some are:

Candy Store Rock

In The Evening

Communication Breakdown

For Your Life

Kashmir

Trampled Underfoot

All My Love

Down By The Seaside

Whole Lotta Love

That's The Way

Black Dog

When The Levee Breaks

The Rain Song

Dancing Days

................all VERY DIFFERENT SONGS (In my opinion). Tell me what you think. There are so many more. I'll leave it up to the others.

I think "Down by the Seaside" and "Thats the Way" are great choices. Most if not all the others he knows. Let me tell you this - He thinks STH and the Rain Song sound alike, I think its because he has seen them live on my dvds and Jimmy uses the same double neck HA!

1.In the Light

2.Thats the Way

3.Down By The Seaside. Thanks!

My sister's ex-husband used to say that, "Led Zeppelin's songs all sound the same". He was a jazz drummer, and also used to say that John Bonham wasn't that great..."great feet, but nothing special with his hands". Whatever.

I would tell him, and my sister, what an ignorant point of view that was, considering a huge part of the band's legacy is that they had such diverse music. Each album was very different than the last. They played rock, blues, jazz, country, folk, CIA (Celtic, Indian, Arabic), synth music, etc.

So I would just take a selection of songs from each album:

I: I Can't Quit You, Communication Breakdown, Black Mountainside (3 very different songs)

II: Heartbreaker, Ramble On

III: Since I've Been Loving You, Tangerine

IV: Battle Of Evermore, When The Levee Breaks

HOTH: The Rain Song, No Quarter, The Ocean

PG: Kashmir, Ten Years Gone, Bron-Yr-Aur/Down By The Seaside

Prensence: Achilles Last Stand

ITTOD: Hot Dog, Fool In The Rain, I'm Gonna Crawl

I am very tired of my brother always telling me that all their songs sound the same. I was just watching the SRTS HD disk when he comes over and says "I dont know why you always listen to them all their stuff sounds the same, dont you know thats why they called it The Song Remains the Same?" So, heres my idea. I want to make him a cd of the most artistically opposed songs that they have so I could prove to him that they are the most diverse band that has existed. I am asking for your help in choosing the songs to include on the cd. I think they would have to be studio as I dont think he can handle any live material - Live Zep is too much for his brain to process. I think that "In the Light" would be an excellent starter. Any ideas?

1. In the Light

It's your brother? I bet that he secretly loves them too, he's just trying to get under your skin. Brothers are like that. One day he will mature and see The Light......and you can smirk. :P <- smirking smiley, no??

I agree they all sound the same. they all sound Good. I heard this alot and i never understood that. I could think alot of other bands that sound the same. The only thing i could think of is the Tone? but then again most poeple only hear the 10 songs they play on the radio which most all of them is a blues based song played with the same Guitars, Drums, Bass and vocal setup. Then agian the one thing that does reamain constant is the wailing of robert plant'd voice. Whcih alot of poeple in this world just pay attention to is the lyrics.

Hi all,

Ask your mom,.....never mind,..... :D

Yeah sure,it all the same,only the names have changed,........right.

Don't walk him thru it,at all.If his mind and ears are closed,nothing you can do,his miss not yours.

KB (GTBT,BIGLU,WWL,HHWCID,4S's,TBOEM and well you know the rest,..... B)

1. In the Light

I would say you have nothing to prove to that tonedeaf S.O.A.B.

You can show him anything you want but most likely he's going to come up with another excuse justifying himself. Human nature is terribly unfortunate.

I agree, but I don't reckon it's anything to do with human nature.

Well, aside from the fact that his nature is trying to wind his sibling up on purpose, and knows that slagging off their favourite band is the most effective way to do it.

Simple as that.

Toleressea, you should just ignore him, he'll get bored and stop saying it before long.

Hi everyone! I have made the Cd for the unbeliever as follows:

Boogie With Stu

The Wanton Song

Carouselambra

Tangerine

In The Light

Hey Hey What Can I do

The Rover

Poor Tom

Friends

The Crunge

But I have decided that most of you were right - he is beyond redemption and just attempting to get under my skin (it worked it always did). However, the other day we watched a video of Trampled Underfoot and I gave him a print out of the lyrics. He read them as we watched the jam and he had no idea after all of these years of what the song was about. He admitted that the only thing he ever heard was "talking bout love". I believe we may have a convert though as he asked for a copy of that video, after all he says two of his favorite things are women and cars! Thanks everyone for your input! :thumbsup:

Does he by chance listen to rap?

My own brother once heard Bonham's Moby Dick and made the comment that a monkey could play it. I wanted to hit him over the head but then I just let it go. He likes rap, which I think all rap sounds the same. It's just a matter of opinion and you just gotta ignore it. Kids these days get caught up in culture and just follow what people tell them is cool and don't care anything for skill. Oh well, he's missin out.

Does he by chance listen to rap?

My own brother once heard Bonham's Moby Dick and made the comment that a monkey could play it. I wanted to hit him over the head but then I just let it go. He likes rap, which I think all rap sounds the same. It's just a matter of opinion and you just gotta ignore it. Kids these days get caught up in culture and just follow what people tell them is cool and don't care anything for skill. Oh well, he's missin out.

No he doenst listen to rap. Hes an old fart. He likes the Beatles, you know June With Spoon stuff. He also likes CCR, so it always just got to me that he never liked Zeppelin. He grew up on the Stones and I tried through the years to show him the Genius that is Page - he just never got it. I dont think that I'll give up though!

• 1 month later...

Archived