Best non- EC 1975 show?

Wolfman

thoughts and please include dates

I assume you mean Clapton ( I'm an old Geezer) if you are, I saw him in Vancouver. He opened with Layla (he fooled everyone with that one ) got the evening off to a flying start. He then settled down and ripped out some amazing blues classics and a bit of his own material. Can't say it was the best show of the tour (I'd gone off Clapton a bit at that time, and it was the only gig that I saw) he was on that night

03-21-75 Seattle

Plant's voice was probably at it's best on this night. Page is no longer suffering much from the finger injury in January and isn't as sticky as he would be in Los Angeles. Rare version of SIBLY plus the best version of Stairway to Heaven ever.

Vancouver is the first one that comes to mind.

MSG 2-12 was great also. The other New York shows are good also.

St. Louis 2-16 is a good one.

Brussells 1-12, Chicago 1-20 were good also, but Robert's voices isn't very good. The band was awesome these nights.

Um, I believe Wolfman means Earls Court....as it's Zeppelin Live we're talking about ;)

But I'd have to say 3/19/75 in Vancouver, ironically, is my favorite of the '75 tour.

how could you talk about the 75 tour without a mention of that show, amazing, and the sound quality of the boot is outstanding

Um, I believe Wolfman means Earls Court....as it's Zeppelin Live we're talking about ;)

But I'd have to say 3/19/75 in Vancouver, ironically, is my favorite of the '75 tour.

Told you I was an old Geezer :D My bad

I was at that Vancouver gig... great show. I heard a recording years ago that wasn't very good at all.

Would love to hear this one that your talking about. Please advise

Told you I was an old Geezer :D My bad

I was at that Vancouver gig... great show. I heard a recording years ago that wasn't very good at all.

Would love to hear this one that your talking about. Please advise

Soundboard was released about a year or two ago. It's excellent.

I have yet to hear the Vancouver Soundboard, but I have the Please release and it's a great show! they were really on a roll then. I like San Diego 3/10-Long Beach 3/12 Seattle 17/21 and all the Forum shows. and the Dallas shows at the beging of March as well.

overall the whole month was solid with a few exceptions (like San Deigo 3/14)......

03-21-75 Seattle

Plant's voice was probably at it's best on this night. Page is no longer suffering much from the finger injury in January and isn't as sticky as he would be in Los Angeles. Rare version of SIBLY plus the best version of Stairway to Heaven ever.

I totally agree, one of my all time favourite shows.

Best version of Dazed and Confused ever too imo. I would be in heaven if a SBD of this show came out.

I have a copy of Montreal '75 that is great!! I also have the Long Beach, CA show on vinyl, but it was recorded at a faster than normal speed. Whenever I used to play it, I had to weight down the turn table to slow it down :( It is titled How Many More Times - still was a great show. Dallas '75 soundboard was good also - thumping version of Kashmir. Peace.

"Art changes people, people change the world." - John Butler

• 1 month later...

2/12 New York City, MSG

2/14 New York, Nassau Coliseum

2/16 St. Louis, MO

3/11 Long Beach, CA

3/12 Long Beach, CA

3/14 San Diego, CA

3/19 Vancouer, BC

3/21 Seattle, WA

3/24 Inglewood, CA

3/25 Inglewood, CA

3/27 Inglewood, CA

I have all these except Baton Rouge, and I agree they are great shows. Love the versions of Dazed and No Quarter.

Baton Rouge is a really good show :D and a great recording to boot....

my very first ever 75 bootleg.

now that I have this show. and on a matrix I am just speechless!....this show is for all the people that tell you Zeppelin sucked in 75. just whip this one out and tell them to start eating crow... :o

Here are my thoughts:

1. If you want to hear some rarely played live tracks (When the Levee Breaks, Wanton Song), get Jan 12th and 20th, Brussels and Chicago repectively. Recordings are ok.

2. Feb 12th, New York - One of several almost official release quality soundboard recordings from this year. Boot is titled Flying Circus.

3. Feb 16th, St. Louis - Another great sounding SBD recording. Good performance, with an inspired Sick Again (IMO) and a great funky theremin section. Get the Bertha Remaster.

4. Feb 28th - Baton Rouge. Good concert, probably my favorite Moby Dick of the year.

5. Mar 4 and 5 - Dallas. Both very good SBD recordings. I don't have a preference as far as performance.

6. Mar 11 - Long Beach - Great Millard recording.

7. Mar 19 - Vancouver - Another stellar SBD recording. Great theremin section (IMO), and Percy throws a little extra love to Georgina at the end of IMTOD.

8. One I haven't listened to much, but a lot of people rave about is Mar 27th in Long Beach.

Stay away from Cleveland, Indianapolis, and Greensboro at the end of Jan.

Archived