Most inherently funny song

Mrs. Wisty

Okay, I don't know why, but every time I hear Bonzo's Montreux I double over...it sounds like the music from one of those bad 80s video games - I can just see a little 2D Mario trying to get the little brass coins! Hot Dog is funny, too, but the lyrics themselves are amusing. And I know my brother laughs whenever he hears Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp, for whatever reason...

So... anyone else got any?

Okay, I don't know why, but every time I hear Bonzo's Montreux I double over...it sounds like the music from one of those bad 80s video games - I can just see a little 2D Mario trying to get the little brass coins! Hot Dog is funny, too, but the lyrics themselves are amusing. And I know my brother laughs whenever he hears Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp, for whatever reason...

So... anyone else got any?

I don't know about any Led Zeppelin songs, but ACDC's song "Big Balls" always makes me start laughing. I laughed at the Lemon song when I first started hearing it, and I'm Gonna Crawl as well because he lets out a scream/yell that sounds like he has a hot foot or something. I was in tears over it. I don't know why?

There is one Zeppelin song that always cracks me up. It's "Hats off to Roy Harper". Why? Because of the last verse of lyrics:

"Listen mama,

Gave my baby a twenty dollar bill,

If that don't get her,

Sure my shot, shot, shot-gun will,

Yeah, I gave my baby a twenty dollar bill,

If that don't get that woman,

I'm sure my shot-gun will.

Gonna go shoot her now."

Ha ha ha ha. If I didn't know that was Led Zeppelin and I read those lyrics, I would swear that it came from some rap band.

There is one Zeppelin song that always cracks me up. It's "Hats off to Roy Harper". Why? Because of the last verse of lyrics:

"Listen mama,

Gave my baby a twenty dollar bill,

If that don't get her,

Sure my shot, shot, shot-gun will,

Yeah, I gave my baby a twenty dollar bill,

If that don't get that woman,

I'm sure my shot-gun will.

Gonna go shoot her now."

Ha ha ha ha. If I didn't know that was Led Zeppelin and I read those lyrics, I would swear that it came from some rap band.

'Sactually in a couple of old blues songs; one from Sonny Boy Williamson the First comes to mind...have to look it up. My dad thinks it's hilarious, too.

How about those, um, noises at the end of Night Flight? :blink:

It would have to be the song that Frank Zappa did about the Mud Shark.

i love how he's singing the main verse or whatever and then someone in the background all of a sudden goes "uh - fish!"

Out, you go out

So far out

You do the Mud Shark, baby...

I always found Darlene to be the funniest Zeppelin song.

"With a pink carnation and a pickup truck"...

I love that song, but it's so clearly humorous. I love Zeppelin's humorous side! The tongue in cheek stuff like Hot Dog, D'yer Maker, Royal Orleans and The Crunge. Some people don't get it and hate that stuff. I almost feel sorry for them. As Jimmy said, "There's so many facets to the diamond". :beer:

I have to say Hot Dog, I keep imagining a toothless Robert in overall jeans driving a Chevy pick up, muttering "damn that woman, I'll never go to Taxes anymore"…

I also love exclaiming Whiskers! (Royal Orleans).

My friend gets all giggly and blushing each time I even mention the Lemon song, also "Every inch of my love" makes her giddy…

Hippy Hippy Shakes by the Beatles. I don't know why but soon as the song begins, I start laughing. What makes it even more funny is imagining the members of Led Zeppelin dancing to it. :D

:hysterical: Now I won't be able to get that image out of my head!

Down by the Seaside.

p.s..............I need to listen to Royal Orleans again! :lol: I did not know that!

Well the story is the band stayed at the Royal Orleans hotel,JPJ got completely smashed and took a transvestite up to his room and when he realized it was a man he was so shocked he he accidently burnt the room down with a cig or a bong or something and burnt the room down,Robert wrote the song with Jimmy and Bonzo as a cheap shot after JPJ joked that "Singers are the least important members of a band".

Take your pick,but be careful how you choose it is the most obvious reference,Robert was good at knocking people down in his lyrics without them knowing,Carouselambra is about his dismay that the band weren't taking Karac's death seriously,TYG is about an old GF who made him choose between him and his music 10 years ago,silly bitch! :lol:

But yeah,it's JPJ taking "her" up to his room in a stoned state and realizing it was a he!The room burnt down,noone was hurt,but it makes a great story!

I won't list them here but, when we were young, any of the Zep songs that contained innuendos, yep sexual ones, were hilarious to us. We didn't think that our parents were wise to the innuendos which made the songs even funnier - especially when played when the parents were around (we had the idea that they couldn't possibly figure out what was so funny). :lol:

Now when I hear certain Zep songs they bring back memories of certain antics and I laugh at the insanity of some of the things that went on back then. :D

"Hats Off To (Roy) Harper" makes me laugh everytime. The lyrics are awful and the music is brutal, yet i always keep it on and just laugh. "Black Country Woman" makes me laugh too. The lyrics in the first two minutes are kinda funny (to me). :D

I always found Darlene to be the funniest Zeppelin song.

"With a pink carnation and a pickup truck"...

Huh? Why do you say Darlene....is that the real name of the song? Or am I just dense? (don't answer that, LOL)

I won't list them here but, when we were young, any of the Zep songs that contained innuendos, yep sexual ones, were hilarious to us. We didn't think that our parents were wise to the innuendos which made the songs even funnier - especially when played when the parents were around (we had the idea that they couldn't possibly figure out what was so funny). :lol:

Now when I hear certain Zep songs they bring back memories of certain antics and I laugh at the insanity of some of the things that went on back then. :D

That is funny. My friends & I were kind of bratty like that too. :P

And what's the name of the guy who did "Gitarzan", he had quite a few other songs like that too. They were really lame but were humorous when our 7th grade social studies teacher would break out with one during the middle of a lecture.

Archived