• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

How can I change my race or my age? I can change my age by dying.....is that what you're suggesting? That way I'll never be 26. I am what I am. I'm too broke to live on my own, as much as I dislike that. I work, but I don't get paid enough. I have to help my parents pay the bills around here because they barely make enough combined, to do it themselves. I don't see where my age, my race, or my living situation has anything to do with what I posted or what this thread is about. You basically posted all that for no reason, other than to insult me. Because it served no other purpose.

You are a Diva, aren't you?

Your age will remain the same, even if you die. It's determined by your date of birth, silly.

I took your question as an attack, because that is your posting style. You act like you are above us all, judging us, yet wade through life with no direction.

About Obama: It was really meant as a joke, originally. Have you ever heard him speak? If you had, you might get the jest.

I still find it fascinating that you consider facts about your life to be an insult. Even in my most dire circumstances, I still had pride.

I must admit that I don't get your point. If I voted right now it would be for Obama.

A curtain wouldn't change my vote.

You didn't spell luxury or mongoloid correctly, either. I think that White Liberal America will nominate Obama.

Right, wouldn't change your vote. You're not everyone, as I'm not either.

I call it like I see it.

And thank you Roget for making me care about two letters.

Where's the fucken bowing?

I must admit that I don't get your point. If I voted right now it would be for Obama.

A curtain wouldn't change my vote.

You didn't spell luxury or mongoloid correctly, either. I think that White Liberal America will nominate Obama.

Congratulations. But that's you. You don't represent the rest of "White Liberal America." Just because you'd vote for Obama, curtains or no curtains, doesn't mean that's true for others. Try thinking about that in the future.

Guess what? If Ron Paul does not make the Repub nomination (and he won't, I know that... still, I want to see him get it bad enough to push it), but Obama DOES make the Dem nomination, I'll be voting Obama, too, curtains or no curtains.

But I don't represent "White Liberal America." Just because I would make that vote doesn't mean the rest of "White Liberal America" would. Who knows what goes through their heads behind those curtains? I don't, and you certainly don't, so stop pretending you do.

The only mark you have for you in this is that they chose Clinton over Obama. Even behind the curtains, they still voted for change in a way... they voted for a woman, instead of going all the way and voting for a white Christian male. They chose to change sex over race. That is the only mark you have for you, in that these people aren't entirely bigotted against that kind of change.

Now don't get me wrong. I have no problems with a woman (or black, or Jew, or Muslim, or any other person from a different race/culture/religion) being President. When I vote, I don't give a damn about race, religion, sex, culture, or, for that matter, political party affiliation. I know my views on the issues, and I study each candidate. I vote for the person I believe has the most experience and whose stances align the closest with mine on the issues (I do NOT completely agree with ANY of the candidates... I agree with Paul the most... but even him... there are a few stances he holds I disagree with...). So if my stances happened to fall in line most with a woman, then she'd get my vote.

However, I also realize that many people do not want that kind of change. Since George Washington, we have voted in White, Christain males to be President. A lot of people would rather it stay that way.

Right, wouldn't change your vote. You're not everyone, as I'm not either.

I call it like I see it.

And thank you Roget for making me care about two letters.

Where's the fucken bowing?

So YOU are the guy hiding behind the curtain that reads people's minds and can't spell better than a Fifth grader!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congratulations. But that's you. You don't represent the rest of "White Liberal America." Just because you'd vote for Obama, curtains or no curtains, doesn't mean that's true for others. Try thinking about that in the future.

Guess what? If Ron Paul does not make the Repub nomination (and he won't, I know that... still, I want to see him get it bad enough to push it), but Obama DOES make the Dem nomination, I'll be voting Obama, too, curtains or no curtains.

But I don't represent "White Liberal America." Just because I would make that vote doesn't mean the rest of "White Liberal America" would. Who knows what goes through their heads behind those curtains? I don't, and you certainly don't, so stop pretending you do.

The only mark you have for you in this is that they chose Clinton over Obama. Even behind the curtains, they still voted for change in a way... they voted for a woman, instead of going all the way and voting for a white Christian male. They chose to change sex over race. That is the only mark you have for you, in that these people aren't entirely bigotted against that kind of change.

Now don't get me wrong. I have no problems with a woman (or black, or Jew, or Muslim, or any other person from a different race/culture/religion) being President. When I vote, I don't give a damn about race, religion, sex, culture, or, for that matter, political party affiliation. I know my views on the issues, and I study each candidate. I vote for the person I believe has the most experience and whose stances align the closest with mine on the issues (I do NOT completely agree with ANY of the candidates... I agree with Paul the most... but even him... there are a few stances he holds I disagree with...). So if my stances happened to fall in line most with a woman, then she'd get my vote.

However, I also realize that many people do not want that kind of change. Since George Washington, we have voted in White, Christain males to be President. A lot of people would rather it stay that way.

Pretty zealous response. I only stated that if I voted today, that I'd vote for Obama. Never said that White liberal America would agree with me, it was an opinion. Didn't claim that I read minds or that I knew what people "behind the curtain" were thinking.

Where are you getting this crap?

I might change my mind as the process evolves. Is that OK with you?

Ron Paul is not going to be a factor this time. I like him, as most people that share my political views do, but it is my choice not to waste my vote. I'm not telling you how to vote. I don't care.

Good luck to you and your candidate.

Pretty zealous response. I only stated that if I voted today, that I'd vote for Obama. Never said that White liberal America would agree with me. Didn't claim that I read minds or that I knew what people "behind the curtain" were thinking.

Where are you getting this crap?

Where did I get my... what did you call it... oh yes... "crap?" From this little gem (from you, I might add):

I think that White Liberal America will nominate Obama.

I might change my mind as the process evolves. Is that OK with you?

Changing your mind is one thing.

Supporting one candidate publicly while voting for another privately is quite different.

NOT saying anyone did. I'm trying to prove a point here.

Ron Paul is not going to be a factor this time. I like him, as most people that share my political views do, but it is my choice not to waste my vote. I'm not telling you how to vote. I don't care.

I will not be wasting my vote when I vote for Ron Paul. Sorry you feel that way.

Good luck to you and your candidate.

Thank you. But I already know it's no good. I do not think he'll win it, but I still want him to.

Where did I get my... what did you call it... oh yes... "crap?" From this little gem (from you, I might add):

Changing your mind is one thing.

Supporting one candidate publicly while voting for another privately is quite different.

NOT saying anyone did. I'm trying to prove a point here.

I will not be wasting my vote when I vote for Ron Paul. Sorry you feel that way.

Thank you. But I already know it's no good. I do not think he'll win it, but I still want him to.

I just prefer to use my vote effectively. promoting the candidate that most closely mirrors my ideals AND that has a chance of winning. I'm not sorry for using my vote that way. If Ron Paul had a chance, I'd vote for him.

My OPINION is that Obama will win the Democratic Party nomination. I very likely could be wrong.

I also believe that a Republican cannot win in 2008, because of the damage that the current President has caused. I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Hermie, you poor lost soul of a degenerate ass clown. I'm voting for Obama, not because I like you but because Joe Biden, the best candidate of the Democratic hopefuls, never had enough support to get off the ground-and Obama is the only one in the playing field who has the balls to take us forward.

well.. whatdoyaknow,.. now you're in the ballpark at least! :thumbsup:

Fwiw though,.. if you think Barack Obama is the only dem candidate who "has the balls" to lead us forward, your view of the playing field is obviously obstructed by the foul pole. Being a bleacher bum kinda sucks in that way, don't it? :P

From behind home plate my view of the playing field is unobstructed and I can see that John Edwards certainly has what it takes to lead us forward, even morseo than Barack Obama. Hillary does too, but her ties to special interests means she wont lead us quite as far forward as Edwards or Obama would. ;)

Where you got out of that whole post I'm voting Republican beats the hell outta me and proves why the Democrats are a bunch of ball-less pussies.

You certainly are obsessed with 'balls and pussies' metaphors, arent you? :whistling:

You say things like "the Dems are all a bunch of ball-less pussies"

and yet you wonder how I got the idea you'd be voting republican?

My thinking you'd vote republican "proves" to you

that democrats are a bunch of ball-less pussies?

ohh kayyy.. :rolleyes:

I wonder what Rudy Giuliani's penchant for

dressing in drag tells you about republicans! :blink:

:D

Smallstick,.. if you learned that Hillary has a pair of gigantic

testicles.. even bigger than Obama's!.. would you vote for her?

:P

:beer:

I am an obvious Obama supporter, but wow, I just couldn't believe Hillary's turn around. She went from degected and crying after losing Iowa to I've found my voice, won a primary, and I am woman hear me roar!

I will vote for her if she gets it. But I'm still pulling for Barack.

Does anyone think they will run together regardless of who gets the nom. or do you think Edwards is going to be the running mate?

My personal beliefs don't hold me down to a single party, which is completely idiotic in politics. Selling your mind and soul to a party is like being in a swimming pool with your best friend, who just happens to be a 9ft Bull Shark. He may seem friendly at times, but when you least expect it, he takes a bite.

Smallstick,.. if you learned that Hillary has a pair of gigantic

testicles.. even bigger than Obama's!.. would you vote for her?

I'm conviced she has bigger brass than her husband, considering she based her whole political career around staying committed to their marriage, where as taking the divorce route would have landed her in some prositution slave camp up the Ghangis River. But maybe that's the weird sonic connection she has with her women supporters. It's not just that she's a female, but maybe a female with more to offer...in her pants. I'm voting for Obama because I'm tired of the Clintons and their false-hope for the future. I'm tired of the Republicans and their more-of-the-same schtick that just keeps the bitter taste in your mouth and salt fresh on our open wounds. I'm tired of lobbyists and private interest groups running campaigns. I'm tired of money being the sole factor in becoming President. But I'm mostly tired of Democrats and Republicans. Out of all the bashing her husband took from the Lewinsky scandal and all the bashing she's thrown at Republicans since her failed attempt at doing the right thing (voting for the War), why elect someone who doesn't seem to be on the same page as 'middle' America, ie us independents. I've been an Independent since I was 12 years old, the age I first started paying attention to politics and reading literature on the subject. By definition, I consider myself an old fashioned republican, not some corporate savaged neo-turd who wants to ruin our economy from out sourcing and keep us in 'fear' with our foreign policy. However, upon taking a test, it was revealed to me that more of my views are in the middle and more Liberal which was nice to hear. It means I'm not bogged down to a specific term or party. I consider myself above all a Libertarian, but my views differ depending on the subject. And that's where our country is heading, slowly and secretly until these past few weeks. The power struggle between Obama and Clinton is no surprise. Its good versus the old in a political struggle. Clinton has little support from the Independent base because they are sick of dynasties, sick of her 0-0 Congressional Record and frankly, disgusted with the notion of her being in office. Her main strength of lore is she's a woman, 'and now is the time to elect a woman because we've run out of men capable for the job. If you elect me, you know I can bring change based on how good things were in the 1990s.' Unfortunately, the 1990s are through and we can never return to that decade, nor should we want to. Alot of things happened during the 1990s that helped land us where we are today. Sure, the 1980s was the stepping stone for alot of our foreign policy quils now, but the 1990s saw little effort to change anything that had been done. If anything, random airstrikes from that administration further escalated embassy bombings. Its a shame too, because Bill was such a good statesman and speaker, he captured you with a speech-something we've certainly been without for the past 8 years.

Obama is a fresh face-and has little experience. But in my eyes, at this point in OUR political machine, what's to say having tons of political experience means you have the ability to make good decisions. If you are repeating bad decisions throughout your life, just because your 50 or 60 doesn't make you any better at negotiatiing or policy making then someone who is 35 and can make excellent decisions. It's actually a shame really. We've had the 'old wise figure' branded into our minds for centuries and especially when it comes to the Presidency. Only a very rare occasion does a young President take office. And I feel Obama is the match that will light the fire for the youth in this country-which sorely needs to happen. My generation 18-30 is in real bad shape financially and are at a crossroads at the moment. It is estimated today the average American worker will have 15 jobs before he is 35 compared to 5 decades ago. Obama has the 'youth' charm, something no one has captured since Kennedy-and everyone knows how much America loves a Kennedy. Christ, some how Teddy is still in Congress.

My point is, everyone is talking about 'change' because they see that as the biggest issue in this country right now. Things are spiraling out of control and no one within the current branch of government wants to do anything about it. But Obama has the clearest and most appealing message out there: We can work together. Clinton's up until Iowa was: I can bring us together. Tone is very key, and Obama already has the independent vote and with an endorsement the size that Oprah can bring to the table, its very unlikely Clinton can regain any serious momentum to take that away from his campaign.

I don't trust Hillary.

Much like I don't trust any of the Republican nominees.

McCain, the elder statesmen, is excellent for the job of figuring out what to do with Guantanamo, but his foreign policy is more-of-the-same. Romney's endorsement of keeping with Bush's plans is just ludacris. Giuliani is a drag queen with a 9/11 hard on.

Ron Paul would be the best choice for them, but his support is low. Why? Not because of votes. He has plenty of them, but because of endorsements. He has no major corporate endorsements and that is what really drives the polling numbers in elections.

What we need is an open primary system, everyone gets to run 50% + 1 vote wins out right if no out right winner top 2 go to run off it's great if we could get our dumbass voters to stop electing dumbass crooks. We're starting to get there Locally.

And get rid of the electoral college vote system. :thanku:

What we need is an open primary system, everyone gets to run 50% + 1 vote wins out right if no out right winner top 2 go to run off it's great if we could get our dumbass voters to stop electing dumbass crooks. We're starting to get there Locally.

And get rid of the electoral college vote system. :thanku:

Indeed

My vote won't even count next election because Michigan is just gonna go Democrat anyways (after how that party fucked us up, I have no idea why we'd vote Dem. but we will).

Heres to my worthless vote :drunk:

Some people at a University have made a technical demonstration outlining how the diebold electronic voting machines (the ones used in the US presidential election) can be corrupted with a malicious program in under 60 seconds in order to steal votes.

Can we REALLY trust an election in America these days with all the political backstabbing in America at the moment?

Link

Indeed there was one county that had no votes recorded for Ron Paul and it was verified that many people had actually voted for him.

Does anyone think they will run together regardless of who gets the nom. or do you think Edwards is going to be the running mate?

My guess is that if Hillary gets the nod, she'll choose Wesley Clark as her running mate.

Interesting, I hadn't thought of that.

And I agree with getting rid of the electoral college. It's outdated.

Just returned from a Mitt Romney rally on Campus. Got to shake his hand, and he seems like a pretty normal guy....for a Republican. He kept his comments short and sweet.....about 10-12 minutes. Gotta love checking out the ladies at a political rally. Lookers eveywhere ! B)

The current delegate tally:

Dems

[nominee needs 2,025]

Obama......25

Clinton......24

Edwards....18

Kucinich.....0

Pubs

[nominee needs 1,191]

Huckabee..31

Romney....19

McCain.......7

Thompson...0

Giuliani.......0

Paul...........0

Huckleberry Hound is a scab! and crosses picket lines to promote his agenda :wtf:

Just returned from a Mitt Romney rally on Campus. Got to shake his hand, and he seems like a pretty normal guy....for a Republican. He kept his comments short and sweet.....about 10-12 minutes. Gotta love checking out the ladies at a political rally. Lookers eveywhere ! B)

:huh: Wait a minute, checking out the ladies? your profile says your a female? or do you just swing that way? No offense intended, just curious. :blush:

My personal beliefs don't hold me down to a single party, which is completely idiotic in politics. Selling your mind and soul to a party is like being in a swimming pool with your best friend, who just happens to be a 9ft Bull Shark. He may seem friendly at times, but when you least expect it, he takes a bite.

I'm conviced she has bigger brass than her husband, considering she based her whole political career around staying committed to their marriage, where as taking the divorce route would have landed her in some prositution slave camp up the Ghangis River. But maybe that's the weird sonic connection she has with her women supporters. It's not just that she's a female, but maybe a female with ...........etc

First, let me apologize for quoting such a long entry.

That is one of the most thoughtful, well-written posts I've seen here, and sums up my views as well.

:cheer::thumbsup:

I still haven't made up my mind who I'm voting for yet much more research to do.

I've done my research and made my choice...and that choice is Hillary Clinton. Do I expect her to be everyones choice? No. Do I argue with other people about their choices? No. We disagree, and that's fine. It does concern me that so many seem to have jumped on the Obama bandwagon simply for the sake of change, and because he's a gifted politician/orator (resisting urge to throw in snake oil salesman, here) and I honestly wonder how much these folks really know about this man, what he believes , and where he stands on the issues , but it is certainly their perogative to vote for him whatever their reasons. I know longer waste my breath arguing about politics...it simply isn't productive. But I do sincerely hope that whomever we as individuals end up voting for, that we have done the neccesary homework to make the most intelligent, informed choice possible.

Archived