• John Edwards
    • Mike Huckabee
    • John McCain
    • Barack Obama
    • Ron Paul
    • Mitt Romney
    • Bill Richardson
    • Fred Thompson

Well, with so many of the candidates out of the running, I'd say the only one left I'd like to see win now is Obama.

I don't align myself to either the Democrat or Republican parties, I just think he's more trustworthy than McCain or Clinton.

Are we witnessing the beginning of

the end of Hillary's presidential bid? :whistling:

Clinton Backers Worry Campaign Is "Slipping Away"

February 12, 2008

Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton and her advisers increasingly believe that, after a series of losses, she has been boxed into a must-win position in the Ohio and Texas primaries on March 4, and she has begun reassuring anxious donors and superdelegates that the nomination is not slipping away from her, aides said on Monday.

Mrs. Clinton held a buck-up-the-troops conference call on Monday with donors, superdelegates and other supporters; several said afterward that she had sounded tired and a little down, but determined about Ohio and Texas.

They also said that they had not been especially soothed, and that they believed she might be on a losing streak that could jeopardize her competitiveness in those states.

“She has to win both Ohio and Texas comfortably, or she’s out,” said one superdelegate who has endorsed Mrs. Clinton, and who spoke on condition of anonymity to share a candid assessment. “The campaign is starting to come to terms with that.” Campaign advisers, also speaking privately in order to speak plainly, confirmed this view.

Several Clinton superdelegates, whose votes could help decide the nomination, said Monday that they were wavering in the face of Mr. Obama’s momentum after victories in Washington State, Nebraska, Louisiana and Maine last weekend.

Some said that they, like the hundreds of uncommitted superdelegates still at stake, might ultimately “go with the flow,” in the words of one, and support the candidate who appears to show the most strength in the primaries to come.

*source: NY Times*

070112_hillary_vmed_7a.widec.jpg

Do you say that because Hillary is just another pasty-face whitey?

:lol:

It's good to see ya, String. :wave:

So bud,.. are you getting behind McCain? I could be wrong, but I wouldn't think he's conservative enough for you. I'd figure you more likely to be pulling for Huckabee. Even though the Huckster has no chance of being nominated, maybe he'll get the VP nod, eh? Would that be enough for you to vote for pasty-faced old-man quasi-conservative McCain?

..or are you gonna get on board the O-train and vote for Barack? :cheer:

:D

:hippy:

[lurk less, post more bro! :beer:]

My boyfriend really made an unwise decision on who he's going to support: McCain. I'd like to say it in a nicer way...but I fear there's no nice way around it.

I'm not saying this because I disagree with his candidate, I am saying this because he's behind McCain because McCain's been a POW. Great. I hope he doesn't' vote this year. :lol:

Is that being a bit controlling?

Because I'm a little freaked out about the fact that he hasn't looked into any more of the issues that McCain stands for and is against before he made a decision. :huh:

McCain Collected $100,000 From Abramoff's Firm

February 12, 2008

On the stump, Sen. John McCain has touted his work tackling the excesses of the lobbying industry to bolster his reputation as a "maverick" reformer. "Ask Jack Abramoff if I'm an insider in Washington," McCain often contends. "You'd probably have to go during visiting hours in the prison, and he'll tell you and his lobbyist cronies of the change I made there."

But how much change did McCain actually effect? And is he all that removed from Washington's special interests? A review of campaign finance filings shows that the Arizona Republican has accepted more than $100,000 in donations from employees of Greenberg Traurig, the very firm where Abramoff once reigned.

Those donations include several thousand dollars from registered lobbyists who represent, or have represented, businesses such as NewsCorp, Rupert Murdoch's media empire; Spi Spirits, a Cyprus based company that has fought with the Russian government for the rights to the Stolichnaya vodka brand name; El Paso Corp, a major energy company; General Motors; and the Essential Worker Immigration Coalition, a group of businesses and trade associations "concerned" about the shortage of lesser skilled and unskilled labor.

All told, McCain has received more than $400,000 from lobbying firms, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. And among his major fundraisers ("bundlers") 59 have been identified as lobbyists by the non-profit organization Public Citizen.

There is nothing illegal about these contributions. But campaign watchdog groups and McCain's opponents view them as more than just a reflection of political irony. McCain, they argue, has on occasion been far more bark than bite when it comes to taking on lobbying interests.

Indeed, this past week, the Democratic National Committee put together a memo challenging McCain's assertion that he was a corruption hound while investigating Abramoff. The document and some government watchdog groups note that while McCain put pressure on Jack Abramoff and several prominent Republicans, he also went out of his way during the Indian Affairs Committee hearing to spare his congressional colleagues.

"Although Sen. McCain has long bragged of his role in the Abramoff investigation, he let Tom DeLay and the other members of Congress who were doing Abramoff's bidding completely off the hook. The sole exception was Rep. Bob Ney, who is now serving time in prison," said Melanie Sloan, Executive Director of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics In Washington. "Sen. McCain knew what his colleagues were up to, he chose to take the easier path and give them a free pass."

s-MCCAIN-ABRAMOFF-large.jpg

:whistling:

taking hundreds of thousands of dollars from lobbyists..

..that should help McCain gain suprort from republicans.

:rolleyes:

It appears the wheels are coming off the Clinton campaign (band)wagon.. :whistling:

Clinton Deputy Campaign Manager Departs

February 12, 2008 08:44 PM EST

WASHINGTON — Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton's deputy campaign manager has stepped down amid a string of losses to rival Barack Obama. Mike Henry announced his departure Tuesday, a day after Maggie Williams replaced Patti Solis Doyle as Clinton's campaign manager. Solis Doyle had recruited Henry to join the team last year.

Henry was the campaign's main field architect and was best known for penning a memo last spring urging Clinton not to compete in Iowa. He called it "our consistently weakest state." The memo was leaked to the media, which embarrassed Clinton as she was beginning to build an organization in Iowa.

Clinton placed third in Iowa, behind Obama and John Edwards, who has since left the race. Her campaign has struggled since then.

s-HILLARY-CLINTON-DEPUTY-MANAGER-DEPARTS-large.jpg

Holy shit! I just won $200!!!!! I bet Obama and McCain would win on February 12. You'd think that would be obvious, but the guy against bet it would be Clinton and McCain winning the 12th.

SUCKER!

(Oh shit... did I just admit I bet on that? All well... I'm too happy to care... I need that $200 bad, anyways... :D )

Hermit has gleefully gone grave digging to find a post I made to this thread nearly three months ago wherein I decreed Mitt Romney would be the next President of the

United States.

I've come all the way back down here into the basement of the site to say I have been

proven wrong on this point. In my defense, I had no idea at the time Romney would

cut and run from his campaign in an attempt to preserve his war chest with an eye on

the elections in 2012.

Today, Romney gave McCain his endorsement, something he was unwilling to do during

his formal concession speech. One has to wonder, today being Valentine's Day and all,

if McCain in turn gave him a sweetheart kiss, or something similar such as an agreement

that Romney shall run as his VP. If this is the case, you heard it here first.

Ultimately, come 2012 I think you have to ask yourself if a man who cut and run from a

leadership position in 2008 and sold out to a man he refused to endorse a week prior is the best candidate for the Leader of the Free World job. I think not.

Hermit has gleefully gone grave digging to find a post I made to this thread nearly three months ago wherein I decreed Mitt Romney would be the next President of the

United States.

Yeah, Hermit's pretty good at that. :lol:

I've come all the way back down here into the basement of the site to say I have been

proven wrong on this point. In my defense, I had no idea at the time Romney would

cut and run from his campaign in an attempt to preserve his war chest with an eye on

the elections in 2012.

Kudos to ya for that. (I doubt TU will do the same... it would be a first for him if he did).

Don't worry, not all of us basement dwellers are evil and/or stooopid... just some of us. See ya upstairs. :wave:

Today, Romney gave McCain his endorsement, something he was unwilling to do during

his formal concession speech. One has to wonder, today being Valentine's Day and all,

if McCain in turn gave him a sweetheart kiss, or something similar such as an agreement

that Romney shall run as his VP. If this is the case, you heard it here first.

Good point.

Ultimately, come 2012 I think you have to ask yourself if a man who cut and run from a

leadership position in 2008 and sold out to a man he refused to endorse a week prior is the best candidate for the Leader of the Free World job. I think not.

<_< I agree, but then I didn't want him in the first place and nothing has changed my mind so far. I don't foresee it changing 4 years from now either... but time will tell.

hahahahaha..the only thing that will be running in 2012 is US...when the big red destroyer makes it's visit we are all going to DIE

which I see as more likely than Romney EVER being president

Obama will be president because any attacks McCain makes will be viewed by the press as racist

Archived