Rare Zeppelin

ally

What would you consider to be the most coveted Zeppelin collectables ? This would include what we know is out there and, what we wish was out there ie....something from.. Denver Dec 26 / 68

Too many shows to mention. For me a recording of the first time they met up and played something realising instantly that they had something.

Now that really would be rare and very very special. B):rolleyes:

That would be something. It's amazing that with all the stuff that is out there, that there are still a large number of show's that aren't. Concert posters and the lot.

Here's a few coveted collectibles known to exist in private collections:

John Bonham's drum kit (Author Chris Welch's collection).

The blue shirt Jimmy wore at both 1979 Knebworth Festival concerts

(Brian Knapp's collection).

Stockholm, 1970 Concert Poster (12 copies known to exist)

Salt Lake City 1969 Concert Poster (2 copies known to exist)

The Can (70 vinyl bootlegs packaged in a film canister)

Several audience recordings (hoarded)

The Can was in my grasp at one time. Unfortunately, it had already been sold by the dealer. It had a version of every Zeppelin song that they'd done live at that time. mmmmmm

I would vote for any of Jimmy's stage suits as a collectible I would like to have. I think the white Dragon suit is in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, but I wonder what happened to the black Dragon suit & my personal favorite, the Wizard/Spaceman suit of TSRTS fame?

Jimmy's still got them all. Any suits of his in the Hall of Fame were only lent to them.

Well, someone out there has Jimmy's Black Beauty that was stolen off an airport luggage cart in 1970...

Winnipeg was the city credited with the theft but I think that has been disputed recently

I would like to hear a recording of the first time Robert and Jimmy met and discussed their musical likes, kind of like a fly on the wall type thing. I would also like a recording of the very first time the four played together. I would also like a soundboard quality recording from 9/7/68 show in Denmark. I would also like a recording of the jam they did last June when they were trying to gauge Jason and what they said to one another when they asked him to leave the room.

A better sounding Bath 70 and Seattle 72 would be great. And more from the Spring 69 tour

Hey-Up,

Ive got a copy of "The Fillmore West- San Francisco, 8/11/69", & thats a "Quality Rating A, Mixing Desk Recording" with tracks inc : I fought my way ouy of the Darkness- Sittin & thinkin- Train kept a Roolin- How many more times- Also a copy of the "Opening of the Second USA tour, 24/4/69. Both are pretty good, & Nice to have. I shall dig about to see what else i can find from this era.

Later, Hang-man.

Well, someone out there has Jimmy's Black Beauty that was stolen off an airport luggage cart in 1970...

Would not want it as i would have to return it and there would proably be a Lawyer show up to pick it up.I know there would be a reward but It's not about the Money.No matter he would get it back if I got my hands on it.

I have a show from Spokane 30 Dec 68

1. Train kept a Rollin 2.23

2.I can't quit you Babe 6.05

3.As long as I have You 8.56

4.Dazed and Confused 9.46

5.White Summer/Black Mountain Side 6.43

6.How many more times 15.00

7.Pat's Delight 7.26 drum solo worth it just to hear this

Alright sound not the best but it is 68 and it came from a tape .I purchased it in a Mall in Norfolk Va

back in the late 80's .This guy came in and set up and all he sold were Bootleg cassette tapes how cool is that and got away with it.That was were i got My first copy of Eddie and Badgeholders have Upgraded those since then.Would love to have a better recording of the 68 show and maybe find a few more from that time frame have quite a few from 69-80. My other wish would be for a Robert Plant solo show that I attended at the Ryman Theater in 2005 in Nashville.

Edited by alwizard03

Hey-Up,

Ive got a copy of "The Fillmore West- San Francisco, 8/11/69", & thats a "Quality Rating A, Mixing Desk Recording" with tracks inc : I fought my way ouy of the Darkness- Sittin & thinkin- Train kept a Roolin- How many more times- Also a copy of the "Opening of the Second USA tour, 24/4/69. Both are pretty good, & Nice to have. I shall dig about to see what else i can find from this era.

Later, Hang-man.

"I fought my way ouy of the Darkness" is actually called "As Long as I Have You."

I have a show from Spokane 30 Dec 68

1. Train kept a Rollin 2.23

2.I can't quit you Babe 6.05

3.As long as I have You 8.56

4.Dazed and Confused 9.46

5.White Summer/Black Mountain Side 6.43

6.How many more times 15.00

7.Pat's Delight 7.26 drum solo worth it just to hear this

Alright sound not the best but it is 68 and it came from a tape .I purchased it in a Mall in Norfolk Va

back in the late 80's .This guy came in and set up and all he sold were Bootleg cassette tapes how cool is that and got away with it.That was were i got My first copy of Eddie and Badgeholders have Upgraded those since then.Would love to have a better recording of the 68 show and maybe find a few more from that time frame have quite a few from 69-80. My other wish would be for a Robert Plant solo show that I attended at the Ryman Theater in 2005 in Nashville.

This is the only 1968 show currently in circulation. Why do I want more 1968 shows? Rumor has it that "Good Times Bad Times" and "Your Time is Gonna Come" were played in their entireties on the 1968 tour, either early or mid. The only way we'll ever find out if that's true or not is by getting the recordings.

Also, it makes no sense to me that we don't have recordings of more of the New Yardbirds/1968 tour when, unless I'm much mistaken, we have a recording of the last Yardbirds show. So where are the New Yardbirds shows?

They're out there... I guarantee it. We just have to find them. I think that will be a major goal of mine. Searching for the tapes of the 1968 tour and, God willing, finding them.

Here's a rare and wonderful treat: A complete, listenable recording of... what was it... Led Zeppelin's longest show at 4.5 hours... how nice would that be...

I really want The Object, as well. Obviously a replica, as the original is, at the moment, way too expensive. Although owning the original would be even better...

There are some great bids on Ebay, but those end in 8 days and I have to wait until my Birthday in May to even think about bidding on it... :(

Edited by Nathan

. I would also like a recording of the jam they did last June when they were trying to gauge Jason and what they said to one another when they asked him to leave the room.

They asked him to leave the room! If i was Jason i would've had a heart attack. I would love to have the actually final print of each Album Sleeve. The one they show zep before the go ahead. You usually see other bands holding up theirs, the pic is the size of a Vinyl sleeve, but has a big white border around it.

Edited by Pb Derigable