Who would you have open the show?

It could be my 2nd, 3rd, 4th,and 5th favorite bands that would be opening the show, and I'd still be looking at my watch every 5 minutes waiting for them to get off the stage. :lol:

So my answer is.... no one.

There are 4 choices

1. No one

2. A band/artist from the 70's

3. A band that is now at mid-career..musicians in their 30's or 40's

4. A band that is in the early stages of their career

Each choice would have its own unique vibe and audience...

Juliet

PS When Robert and Strange Sensation were on tour, there was a young Canadian band that opened for them in London Canada I believe the combination of newcomer and veteran artists made it a better gig for the younger fans and young at heart fans..

I think a human sacrifice will do.

Zep has no equal. Black Sabbath can have an opening act, because thier music goes along with the metal acts of today. Honestly, i can think a few bands that would be good to open for zep, but their to big and thier fan base is to broad. I really do think The Black Crowes wil be very good at it. They have alot of crossover fans, and they play the type of music that grabs the most amount of listeners. Yes G&R and Velvet would be good and small enough to open for, but thier would be atleast 10,000 people who never heard of them or care for the type of music they play. Maybe you can have zep in a festival so you can throw a few bands up there. But they are way to big for an opener, atleast this tour.

Here's two other ideas..

Instead of age as a factor in determining the opening act, my first suggestion would be choose a female artist. There should be someone who could perform The Battle of Evermore with Robert. I would suggest Norah Jones, Sarah McLachlan or Mary J. Blige...

My other suggestion is have a Blues artist open...B.B. King...

Juliet

Here's two other ideas..

Instead of age as a factor in determining the opening act, my first suggestion would be choose a female artist. There should be someone who could perform The Battle of Evermore with Robert. I would suggest Norah Jones, Sarah McLachlan or Mary J. Blige...

My other suggestion is have a Blues artist open...B.B. King...

Juliet

PS Oh...I thought of another female vocalist...k.d.lang..the idea of her singing with Robert just gives me shivers....good shivers of course...

Good Monday Morning All:

Even though all the female artists I have mentioned could do a fine job singing Battle...I think the best choice is the one and only GRACE SLICK....

I know Jefferson Airplane is long gone and Grace doesn't perform anymore.I think it would be a great gig if JA reunited with Grace and they opened for Zep...if there was ever a tour..

Juliet....the dreamer....my tragic flaw :D

Someone will open if it happens as they arent 30 anymore and probably wont play 3-4 hrs like they used to. My choice-Heart!

I agree. My second choice would be: anyone who isn't the Foo Fighters or the RHCP.

Archived