Robert plant hoping to record second album

misty mountain

Does anybody else think that he should just call a presser and give us the truth or is it possible that he really doesn't know what's going to happen.....still?

Well that's just the thing. He hasn't ruled out the odd one-off down the road. Just no reunion tour. That's what I get from it. I don't know. I haven't any crystal ball, but when you sift through the interviews, that's pretty much what you end up with: If things align just right, he may jump onstage with the band again for a night or two. That could happen. But at this point, he has no interest in making a new Led Zeppelin album or doing a Led Zeppelin tour. Those most likely will not happen. Not anytime soon, and probably never.

I'm sorry I rained on your parade...there's no reason to be defensive and rude. Everyone on this forum is entitled to their opinion, including me, same as you...Have you heard me bashing people for believing a tour could happen? I think not! I don't get all hostile and tell them that their opinions mean diddly (as you put it).

Have you so disrespectfully chastised other people for voicing the same opinion? I'm not the only person to think that a tour is highly unlikely.

Of course no one knows for sure if they will ever tour again...they might...and that would be great, but my opinion is, that it would never be a full blown tour...and your right, neither of us knows what the future holds. I never told you not to lose hope or anyone else for that matter.

Respect my opinion just as I respect yours. :wave:

Man. How do you interpret that as being rude? I was just saying Im am hoping and believe there will be a tour. While on the subject my local channel is giving away Plant/Krauss tickets all next week. One lucky person gets front row. I dont know if Ill pay to see them though. Saw Zeppelin in their prime. Will pay anything to see Zeppelin again, but I saw Plant and Page on their own. I just dont know if I can get into this type of music.

Well that's just the thing. He hasn't ruled out the odd one-off down the road. Just no reunion tour. That's what I get from it. I don't know. I haven't any crystal ball, but when you sift through the interviews, that's pretty much what you end up with: If things align just right, he may jump onstage with the band again for a night or two. That could happen. But at this point, he has no interest in making a new Led Zeppelin album or doing a Led Zeppelin tour. Those most likely will not happen. Not anytime soon, and probably never.

Agreed. I alway's said that he would/might do the odd show with the boy's but no tour.

I think that everybody should just accept his "you never know what might happen down the road" quote and deal with it. I'm glad that Zeppelin members are continuing to make music and not tending their gardens in a vegetative state. All surviving members are healthy, happy and active(inside and outside of music). WHen the time is right(God willing), we'll see the boy's on stage again for a night or two and we'll enjoy it immensely.

I'm going to guess you might in part, at least, be referring to my post. I've only included the "old people's music" quote of mine.

I know I didn't mention the "genre" bluegrass as a general reference (as old people's music) but which of the songs that Robert and Alison are doing are NOT written by old people or dead ones? The youngest I KNOW of are Tom Waits (age 58), and Robert (59)and Jimmy Page's(64), Please Read The Letter.

Are there younger songwriters that contributed to the Raising Sand album? Any writers younger than 58? Isn't old 39 and over or at least 50 and older? Or is that still youthful?

Now I'm puzzled.

"In part" yes.

Again, my point was that Zeppelin recorded music written by "old people or dead ones". Robert Johnson wrote Terraplane Blues and Travelling Riverside Blues in the 1920s. What's so puzzling? Besides, Robert and Jimmy, by your estimation, are in fact "old". So why should they be shaking their dicks around now?

Oh, and Robert and Jimmy wrote Please Read the Letter over 10 years ago, so no need posting their current ages for emphasis. I know it looks better, but let's try to keep it real.

Robert will do what he wants to do. But I'm not sure the occasional concert is a good idea. The way this works it's just a lot of work for the other members of the band to rehearse and make sure they get it right. A short tour with a realistic schedule seems preferable to that stop-start, stop-start pattern.

Robert will do as he pleases. But I'm not sure the occasional concert is a good idea. The way this works it's just a lot of work for the other members of the band to rehearse and make sure they get it right. A short tour with a realistic schedule seems preferable to that stop-start, stop-start pattern.

Otto, I don't think that Robert was serious about the occasional concert. I just think it was his way of saying, yes I did it this time, for the right reason, and that's it. It's clear how much he loved and respected Ahmet and that's why he did the O2 concert, to pay homage to him...and it was also a personal request from Ahmet's widow. I don't see his answer as a possibility, rather I see it as a gentle way of saying no.

Otto, I don't think that Robert was serious about the occasional concert. I just think it was his way of saying, yes I did it this time, for the right reason, and that's it. It's clear how much he loved and respected Ahmet and that's why he did the O2 concert, to pay homage to him...and it was also a personal request from Ahmet's widow. I don't see his answer as a possibility, rather I see it as a gentle way of saying no.

Possibly that's what it is, Celia. I hope not, but you may be right. I'd guess things get more clear in the latter part of the year. :)

You know If Robert Plant would just take one year and do a LZ album and go on tour, then he wouldn't have to put up with this crap all the time.

Just do an album and a tour, and people would stop harassing him all the time. Then after that they could do one offs here and there, then he could spend the rest of his time doing whatever he wants without being bothered by it.

No, they would harass him more, I think.

Fuck Robert Plant. Im sick of his bullshit. Cant get a definite answer from him, likes to play games with peoples minds. If no Zep, say so, end all speculation and we all move on. Always has to control and dictate everything with Zep. Jimmy is said to have compiled a ton of new music and says he has riffs that compare to any Zep stuff. Its that good he says. Jimmy just wants the right vehicle and it looks like no Plant. Cant wait to hear what Jimmy has to offer, with or without Plant

Fuck Robert Plant. Im sick of his bullshit. Cant get a definite answer from him, likes to play games with peoples minds. If no Zep, say so, end all speculation and we all move on. Always has to control and dictate everything with Zep. Jimmy is said to have compiled a ton of new music and says he has riffs that compare to any Zep stuff. Its that good he says. Jimmy just wants the right vehicle and it looks like no Plant. Cant wait to hear what Jimmy has to offer, with or without Plant

crowley, i know you're serious, but you made me laugh so hard i fell out my chair.....

i like ya already.

Yes I'd love to hear Jimmy's stuff especially played with John Paul Jones and Bonham....just get the right singer. His singers have all been cheesy crooners so far so I'm not optimistic at this point.

Here's a strange idea; maybe a female singer-off the top of my head I'd suggest Joan Osborne...

:P Looks like thats what will eventually happen, Its been said a million times. jimmy and john paul jones with jason on drums need to put something out there and just get on with it .it was the 3 j's that did the rehearsing for the 02 ;with very little input from Robert simply because he was trying to keep his voice in shape for the big night. so much talent CAN"T just sit around waiting for another mans EGO to make up his mind.JUST get on with it 3j's and have some fun as well.

:P Looks like thats what will eventually happen, Its been said a million times. jimmy and john paul jones with jason on drums need to put something out there and just get on with it .it was the 3 j's that did the rehearsing for the 02 ;with very little input from Robert simply because he was trying to keep his voice in shape for the big night. so much talent CAN"T just sit around waiting for another mans EGO to make up his mind.JUST get on with it 3j's and have some fun as well.

Re-writing history now are we? :rolleyes:

You cannot take away from Robert's participation in the O2 show however hard you may try.

The Plant bashing on this forum is pathetic.

You cannot try to take away from Robert's participation in the O2 show however hard you may try.

I'm with you sister.

All these wild and woolly theories from people (who have been into the band for five minutes), wouldn't know shit from clay.

These same people would deny Robert's basic human right of doing what is right for him.

He has no obligation to anyone, he has paid his dues ten times over.

While I would love to see him play again with the 3 J's, in a heartbeat, whatever he decides to do is okay with me.

Que Sera Que Sera.

Chris Cornell good vocalist he is, should stick to Cold Play.

I would much rather see and hear a two hour show consisting of instrumentals than them performing with some wannabe Robert Plant.

There is only one.

I'm with you sister.

All these wild and woolly theories from people (who have been into the band for five minutes), wouldn't know shit from clay.

These same people would deny Robert's basic human right of doing what is right for him.

He has no obligation to anyone, he has paid his dues ten times over.

While I would love to see him play again with the 3 J's, in a heartbeat, whatever he decides to do is okay with me.

Que Sera Que Sera.

Chris Cornell good vocalist he is, should stick to Cold Play.

I would much rather see and hear a two hour show consisting of instrumentals than them performing with some wannabe Robert Plant.

There is only one.

Coldplay? Did I miss something?

Yes, only one Plant. :wub:

I hope no one else has said this but I haven't got the stamina to read the whole thread.

Led Zep are a band that thrived on live momentum. They also rehearse tirelessly so to just do it for the odd one of show would be perverse.

I think if they do any more shows it'll be a tour of sorts but not a mega year long world tour.

Sammy Hagar wasn't even as good as Roth.......good enough to sing The Rain Song?.........can't see it......

Chris Cornell......I don't think any post grunge type singers would be appropriate to sing Zeppelin....they are all the same for one thing and that one thing is the wrong thing for Zeppelin songs...you might as well suggest Tony Bennet-just because someone is a good singer doesn't mean they would be appropriate for Zeppelin material.......

You cannot take away from Robert's participation in the O2 show however hard you may try.

Where is the bashing here? It has been stated by the band members that Robert did not rehearse with the band. (I believe all but two times?) I don't see how that equates to bashing.

Should use the singer from Jason Bonhams old band. Charles West is his name. He sang on the album "When You See The Sun". Very underrated album, I thought it was great, worth checking out if you dont already have.

Archived