Page Plant Falling Out?

Dandu

Plant 'unhappy with Jimmy Page snub'

Thursday, July 24 2008, 12:09 BST

By Alex Fletcher, Entertainment Reporter

Robert Plant is unhappy that Jimmy Page didn't mention him during an awards speech last month, say reports.

The singer is apparently angry that he wasn't mentioned when Page collected Led Zeppelin's best live act gong at the MOJO Honours ceremony.

According to The Sun, Page's omission may have jeopardised any future plans for further Led Zeppelin shows.

"Robert was really disappointed that he didn't merit a mention," said a source. "The award was for the band’s performance, so he thought he should have at least been thanked."

Plant, who was nominated for the Mercury Prize earlier this week, is reportedly the only member of Led Zeppelin that doesn't want a full reunion tour.

Led Zep reunion may not happen

THAT LED ZEP reunion tour is getting further and further away from happening, due to a speech by JIMMY PAGE going down like a lead balloon.

ROBERT PLANT is furious his riff-slinging partner failed to thank him as he collected their gong at June’s MOJO Honours bash.

The Best Live Act award recognised their triumph at the O2 last December but Mercury-nominee Plant was on tour with his musical partner ALISON KRAUSS, so could not attend.

During his lengthy acceptance speech, Page did not refer to Plant once.

A source said: “Robert was really disappointed that he didn’t merit a mention. The award was for the band’s performance, so he thought he should have at least been thanked.”

Any truth to this? Or just the BS of a slow news week?

Plant 'unhappy with Jimmy Page snub'

Thursday, July 24 2008, 12:09 BST

By Alex Fletcher, Entertainment Reporter

Robert Plant is unhappy that Jimmy Page didn't mention him during an awards speech last month, say reports.

The singer is apparently angry that he wasn't mentioned when Page collected Led Zeppelin's best live act gong at the MOJO Honours ceremony.

According to The Sun, Page's omission may have jeopardised any future plans for further Led Zeppelin shows.

"Robert was really disappointed that he didn't merit a mention," said a source. "The award was for the band’s performance, so he thought he should have at least been thanked."

Plant, who was nominated for the Mercury Prize earlier this week, is reportedly the only member of Led Zeppelin that doesn't want a full reunion tour.

Led Zep reunion may not happen

THAT LED ZEP reunion tour is getting further and further away from happening, due to a speech by JIMMY PAGE going down like a lead balloon.

ROBERT PLANT is furious his riff-slinging partner failed to thank him as he collected their gong at June’s MOJO Honours bash.

The Best Live Act award recognised their triumph at the O2 last December but Mercury-nominee Plant was on tour with his musical partner ALISON KRAUSS, so could not attend.

During his lengthy acceptance speech, Page did not refer to Plant once.

A source said: “Robert was really disappointed that he didn’t merit a mention. The award was for the band’s performance, so he thought he should have at least been thanked.”

Any truth to this? Or just the BS of a slow news week?

I certainly don't know the truth but I'd say it's a slow news week. The press puts their own spin on everything....I rather doubt Robert had any issues with Jimmy and JPJ's 30 second acceptance speech. He's having too much fun to let petty stuff bother him!

What exactly does the silly Sun think Robert wanted to be thanked for? His noblesse oblige?! They all wanted to be there, and this is just typical of that good-for-nowt gossip rag.

Oh yeah, and here's Jimmy's 'epic' acceptance speech:

Edited by AllisonAdler

I don't understand what the Sun thinks Robert feels he should have been thanked for. When you win an award, you thank a bunch of other people, you don't thank yourselves.

Edit: Sorry, Allison, didn't realize I'd echoed you! :lol:

Edited by Aquamarine

:lol: the look on Robert's face is priceless. I love this photo.

This is just another lover's tiff. They been married too long...been there ..done that..There permanent union is sealed with "crazy" glue...they are inseparable. Of all the arguments on and off the road their marriage comes back as "refreshing" as ever...staytuned!!

This is just another lover's tiff. They been married too long...been there ..done that..There permanent union is sealed with "crazy" glue...they are inseparable. Of all the arguments on and off the road their marriage comes back as "refreshing" as ever...staytuned!!

I guess that a divorce is out of the question, BITCHIN'! ROCK ON!

Uh-huh, this source most likely is some grumpy copy editor who has never even heard of Robert Plant.

ANd when did recipients of awards start thanking themselves instead of thanking the presenting body? Is this a recent trend?

F'n drivel.

What exactly does the silly Sun think Robert wanted to be thanked for? His noblesse oblige?! They all wanted to be there, and this is just typical of that good-for-nowt gossip rag.

Oh yeah, and here's Jimmy's 'epic' acceptance speech:

Yeah its a classic speech.but the best part was the song being played when jimmy and john paul jones arrived on stage.yep it was COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN, HOW APT !Looks like Robert created a communication breakdown and now is complaining about it :wtf:

Could be true, Robert always has been very tempermental.

From what I understand of the provenance of this rumour, it was in the rag known as The Sun. So it is probably a gossip beat-up story trying to sell papers. I wouldn't trust anything printed in it.

Meg

I see the usual suspects are on his case again.

Sucked in by a bit of tabloid trash and they're jumping on him like a seagull onto a chip.

A source said.........

Not an exact quote was it?