Plant Krauss to record follow-up to Raising Sand

chunga

• 3 weeks later...

Here

http://lemonsqueezings.blogspot.com/

I read this:

In January, Plant and Krauss were in pre-production for a second album together, although plans to complete the project have been sidetracked for the time being. In July, Krauss will be recording a new album with Union Station, a spokesperson for her record label, Rounder Records, confirmed today. The spokesperson added there are no plans for Union Station to tour this year, which means a tour in 2010 in support of the album would be likely.

On one hand, that could leave time for Krauss to work with Plant and finish work on their sophomore release; however, my source indicates that "Alison has declared a moratorium on all work for 12-18 months with Robert because she wants to do an album and extended tour with Union Station." In the meantime, the source says, this situation has left Plant "frustrated" because he "wants to finish the thing off and be done with it."

What do you think? Can that be true?

If it's true, 12-18 months are a lot of time!!

Here

http://lemonsqueezings.blogspot.com/

I read this:

What do you think? Can that be true?

If it's true, 12-18 months are a lot of time!!

It has been well-known in Nashville that Alison was planning to devote 2009 to work with Union Station, and I am sure Robert Plant has been well aware of these plans.

I was backstage at the Opry Saturday night, for part of the show, then took a seat in the second row during the show to shoot photos of Steve Martin's set. I did not see Robert Plant. Either he was not there or my eyesight has failed. At my age anything is possible. :)

It has been well-known in Nashville that Alison was planning to devote 2009 to work with Union Station, and I am sure Robert Plant has been well aware of these plans.

I think this fits into his "no tour for 2 years" announcement quite well.

I was backstage at the Opry Saturday night, for part of the show, then took a seat in the second row during the show to shoot photos of Steve Martin's set. I did not see Robert Plant. Either he was not there or my eyesight has failed. At my age anything is possible. :)

Alison records with 3-4 people at a go. This is the way she's been for years. She was doing Union Station stuff and recording with another country artist right about the same time she was recording with Plant.

I can't wait to see the new album. I think it will be a bit of a change from the last.

perhaps it is in the news somewhere already, but still, does anyone got to take a picture of the red boots? (or shoes, whatever) contra dancing ;-)

Ah, that's OK, I can do without a picture as long as it stays this way:

Wow! I actually talked with Allison, danced with her and one of the other guys that was with them, but never even know Robert Plant was there. I don’t even remember crazy red shoes. I even saw them at Bonnaroo last year. Hahaha!

The thing that struck me and my friend was how completely respectful everyone was. There was no picture taking, no autographing, or even special attention paid to them. I know Allison had a great time becuase we ended up in the bathroom together just ‘girl’ chatting. My friend and I often go contra dancing at 2nd Pres. It’s a blast! I hope people don’t bombard the dance now just hoping to see celebs. It would ruin it!

:P

Maybe they will be doing an eastern swing album. ;)

(adding arabic/ middle eastern semi-tones and scales to western swing)

R B)

Hey, you never know, LOL. Anyways, if that article is legit, it sounds like Robert is getting a little restless waiting on Alison, so if they don't hurry up, there may not be a second album. I am happy to hear of some new Union Station material though. :)

Ah, that's OK, I can do without a picture as long as it stays this way:

:P

Did you read the follow-up comment by the same person? :lol:

For heavens sake, it just dawned on me…I wasn’t there this past Friday night. I was there the week before when she came. She was with a good looking younger man named Kent. Kent, if you read this; call me! You were hot! We did the weird little circle 4 couple dance together.

And then there was this comment:

I was the dance caller at that dance with Alison and Robert. My wife Ann Whitley played fiddle, Doug Olsen played guitar and Cindy Olsen played bass in our band called Whistlin Rufus. We were all excited to have them show up at the dance. I especially was somewhat disappointed because I was so busy calling I never got to meet either one and then they were gone after the square dance in the second half of the night. Led Zeppelin and Robert Plant have been my idols since my high school days for 30 years. I still have their music on my ipod today. Is there anyway you could pass this message on to Robert Plant or give me his email? This was pretty exciting.

Hey, you never know, LOL. Anyways, if that article is legit, it sounds like Robert is getting a little restless waiting on Alison, so if they don't hurry up, there may not be a second album. I am happy to hear of some new Union Station material though. :)

I think this is really old news being regurgitated due to the recent Plant visit to Nashville. The golden one has a way of creating "buzz" everytime he visits. The Tennessean alluded to a new Union Station project in January, and Jerry Douglas confirmed the project more recently in an interview with a Charlotte newspaper (I think I even posted the link on a thread here). I don't think Robert would be out dancing in his red shoes if he was overly concerned. And I am sorry that I missed him at the Opry Saturday night, I need to have my vision checked, obviously. :D

Did you read the follow-up comment by the same person? :lol:

For heavens sake, it just dawned on me…I wasn't there this past Friday night. I was there the week before when she came. She was with a good looking younger man named Kent. Kent, if you read this; call me! You were hot! We did the weird little circle 4 couple dance together.

And then there was this comment:

I was the dance caller at that dance with Alison and Robert. My wife Ann Whitley played fiddle, Doug Olsen played guitar and Cindy Olsen played bass in our band called Whistlin Rufus. We were all excited to have them show up at the dance. I especially was somewhat disappointed because I was so busy calling I never got to meet either one and then they were gone after the square dance in the second half of the night. Led Zeppelin and Robert Plant have been my idols since my high school days for 30 years. I still have their music on my ipod today. Is there anyway you could pass this message on to Robert Plant or give me his email? This was pretty exciting.

lol just hold on a second and I'll check my contacts for his email.

:book:

I think this is really old news being regurgitated due to the recent Plant visit to Nashville. The golden one has a way of creating "buzz" everytime he visits. The Tennessean alluded to a new Union Station project in January, and Jerry Douglas confirmed the project more recently in an interview with a Charlotte newspaper (I think I even posted the link on a thread here). I don't think Robert would be out dancing in his red shoes if he was overly concerned. And I am sorry that I missed him at the Opry Saturday night, I need to have my vision checked, obviously. :D

LOL, dancing in red shoes, reminds me of the David Bowie song, "Let's Dance": "put on your red shoes and dance the blues". :D

I still wanna see old T-Bone Break Dancing and getting his swag on.....but wtf I'm bored easily.
lol if Bonzo were still here none of this would even be considered. He'd knock some sense into Robert Plant right away. What did we do to deserve this?

lol if Bonzo were still here none of this would even be considered. He'd knock some sense into Robert Plant right away. What did we do to deserve this?

You have lots of options. Don't follow him so obsessively if you don't like what he does.

Bonzo enjoyed dancing.

I don't know - I think Bonzo would have been pretty supportive of Robert's career and interest in stepping outside his comfort zone.

Archived