NFL - SEASON 08!

eagle87

Can you push the knife in a little deeper and then twist and pull it out. :rolleyes:

If we beat ya once this year,I'll be happy.....Gave ya scare last year at Heinz,didn't we?

Still one of the best rivalries,though ;)

Absolutely on all points. You guy's are definitely improved and will cause us fits. We also have the NFL's toughest sched. this year so if you're going to do it, now is the time.

Absolutely on all points. You guy's are definitely improved and will cause us fits. We also have the NFL's toughest sched. this year so if you're going to do it, now is the time.

Week 2 and week 17!

I hope week 17 has playoff and division ramifications,that always makes it fun,eh? :lol:

Ill make an early prediction. Two teams that will make the playoffs that have not in a while. Buffalo and Minnesota. I think the schedule makers handed New England too kind a schedule so they probably win the East but Buffalo can get a wild card as they make many good moves. I would have picked Minnesota in the Central even if Favre had stayed with Green Bay. They have a sensational running back in Peterson and the division is wide open. Look what they did to the eventual super bowl winning Giants in NY last year. Beat the hell out of them. So I love Minnesota as the sleeper in the NFC. Also think New Orleans will bounce back and win the division. If Carolina doesn't win early, Fox will be the first coach fired.

NFL sucks! Too many rules! Way better in the 70's & early 80's.

If you want to check out great hitting, great passing and great scoring. Then all of you should watch the NHL!!! Greatest sport in the world!!! B)

NFL sucks! Too many rules! Way better in the 70\'s & early 80\'s.

If you want to check out great hitting, great passing and great scoring. Then all of you should watch the NHL!!! Greatest sport in the world!!! B)

I agree. I think the NHL is the best of the major sports. The instant replay was needed in the NFL but they have made a joke of it. You could get 4 kids in kindergarden to look at the replay and come up with the decision faster than these moron refs. Where do they find these dumb ass\'s?

Super Bowl X

Steelers 21, Dallas Cowboys 17Orange Bowl, Miami, Florida

January 18, 1976; Attendance: 80,187 [more]

Super Bowl XIII

Steelers 35, Dallas Cowboys 31Orange Bowl, Miami, Florida

January 21, 1979; Attendance: 79,484 [more]

Two of the best super bowls Ive ever watched. 4 points separated 2 teams that were among the very best teams to ever play on the gridiron. Not a weak link in any position during those years. A time long gone.

• 3 weeks later...

Giants and Redskins to start the season tonight. Athough Micheal Strahan retired, and Osi Uminoura is out for this season, it looks like the intense pass rush that developed last season will still be a concern for opposing teams. What they did to Tom Brady in the Super Bowl was so beyond expectations, given the dominance New England was having up that point...

That was an ugly game, and not just because the team I wanted to win came up short. There was no scroing in the second half at all; for the Redskins their defense had stepped up some, but unfortunately not quite enough as they let a handful of potential interceptions slip through their hands during the course of the game (if Fred Smoot had held onto the gift in the end zone there would have been at least a three-point swing, making the failed last drive by the Redskins much more meaningful). Manning wasn't stellar, and had not much to throw to besides Burress; however, these days that's pretty much all he needs. Throw in some Ward/Jacobs runs through tackling that is still subpar (many of the would-be tacklers lack size and/or technique - larger running backs must be met square, and aggressively, for speed guys/one-arm tacklers will doink off), and enough time/chips shots materialize to keep Washington at bay. The Giants defense got some pressure when they needed it, and coverage as well, but this was more the mark of an inferior performance by the opponent.

As for the Redskins' offense, it was woeful. There were far too many pass plays in third-and-anything that were short of the first-down marker, setting them up for continued failure. Jason Campbell is getting closer and closer to being Patrick Ramsey 2.0; I cannot fault him, though, on the pass that Thrash let pass through his hands and hit him in the helmet around the end zone. The checkdown late in the game, however, is another story. He could have pump-faked that, as Randle El's coverage was already biting, leaving Randle El free to continue free up the near sideline to the end zone. Portis was pretty average today, but at many points in the game there were holes in both general protection schemes. He did have an exceptional block on Fred Robbins (I believe), though. There were also too many of those little sickening penalties. Seven for the whole team is pretty good for them these days, but offensive ones came at extremely inopportune moments. Three-for-13 on third-down conversions will not do at all, any week, even against the '07 Dolphins. The clock management was also inadequate at many points; this has become a hallmark of recent Redskins teams. Hurrying up needs to happen late in halves, especially the second half.

There is still much work to be done in Washington. Some of the defensive secondary still needs to heal a bit, though the defense as a whole came together at points later in the contest after early debacles. Good form tackling is key, as well. The rookie receivers Thomas and Kelly need to heal further on the offense as well to provide the necessary receiving depth. Stephon Heyer didn't do himself a service by getting blown by on the first play from scrimmage, after being penciled in to replace Jon Jansen as the starter, who had (I believe) started every contest in his career except for games he had missed due to two freak season-ending catastrophic injuries during the last few years. It all goes further than this, but I've got other things to do.

Good evaluation of a not so well played game by TRB. The Giants did benefit from some less than enthusiastic tackling by the Redskins, who seemed to not realize the regular season had started until almost halftime. Brandon Jacob's confidence must be sky high right now, the way they laid like stepping stones at his feet. I'd love to meet Eli Manning - just to teach him how to throw a spiral.

Nothings happened for the Lions, save Barry Sanders, for the last 50 years...

Getting bitchslapped by the Falcons would be the last straw...if i was a Lions fan. Does Millen have extemely senstive photo's of a certain owners ummmm, habits? Why does that man still have a job?

Getting bitchslapped by the Falcons would be the last straw...if i was a Lions fan. Does Millen have extemely senstive photo's of a certain owners ummmm, habits? Why does that man still have a job?

:D Funny thing is, Matt Millen isn't much different than Russ Thomas from a generation ago. We didn't just get bitch-slapped.....we got destroyed by a team that lost it's franchise quarterback, fired it's coach, it's general manager, and started a rookie quarterback. So Millen basically got his ass handed to him by an expansion team.

My favorite part was watching the Lions run play-action passes with 5 minutes left in the game when you're down by two scores. :blink: WTF ?

Go Lions !!

Archived