New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

QUOTE (Page_Maniac @ Oct 15 2008, 06:37 PM)

There do seem to be alot of self-appointed experts on this forum. Strong correlation with sanctimony and a desire to maintain delusions about close relationships with band members and an imagined glorified past.

QUOTE (Page_Maniac @ Sep 9 2008, 02:16 AM)

I have bee reading what you wankers have been saying for months. #$%& you AND Led Zeppelin. If there was a concern for what you think there would be something more from these aged has-been mother ^&*%ers.

What do you think of that? PISS OFF!

Knebby; I am very proud of my first post (Sep 9 2008). When LZ reforms I expect it will be because of my good-natured encouragement. I am actually expecting the post to become the lyrics for the first new song. Thank you for keeping the message alive.

And actually I'm a bit puzzled, since they all know (and we know too) Robert is not on the board, what are they NOW still waiting for?

Their new singer, probably. Jimmy wouldn't announce a tour without saying who they'd be touring with.

Can I just say that I know nothing and that I am just sitting patiently waiting and hoping to be informed of something at some point about some thing by someone somwhere :blink:

Can I also suggest that others consider doing the same rather than fighting about something we don't know about.

I will of course add that there are some around here who I have absolute faith in when it comes to them saying something.

Anything else by others is usually bullshit, guesswork unsubstantiated speculation but seems to be taken as gospel by some. <_<

I thank you :D

Shoot me if you want, I have a bullet proof vest and am impervious to head shots :D

:beer:

Thanks. And with you Aqua, an extension to Knebby regarding apologies as well.

Very bad day today. Last night my son was jamming with his band here in my home studio/rehearsal space when one of the boys fell over and broke the headstock off of my Les Paul Studio.

It's not the value I am concerned with but more sentimental value since it was given to me as a gift by a dear friend.

I will get over it

Consider sincere sympathies extended re the Les Paul and listen to the sound of peace breaking out all round.

But if that Chardonnay ain't a Chablis I'm not touching it. :beer:;)

Their new singer, probably. Jimmy wouldn't announce a tour without saying who they'd be touring with.

:o I thought they've got someone for quite a long time now, since they had rehearsed and practised and worked on new material.

It would be shocking if they're still waiting for a new singer...

I agree with your hope for their focus Otto.

However, the others have known for some time now that Robert was not on board. The lack of announcement is therefore frustrating and puzzling in equal measure.

I don't blame people for not believing Robert's statement. In the summer of 2007 he denied the O2 but it did happen. For now I don't think that it will.

Question, how long is 'some time'? Robert only recently made a statement about not recording or touring with Zeppelin. Before that he never answered THE question in a straight forward manner. Why did he wait so long? Surely he didn't have to wait for an announcement from the others about their (individual) plans, to make his own?

I don't blame people for not believing Robert's statement. In the summer of 2007 he denied the O2 but it did happen. For now I don't think that it will.

Question, how long is 'some time'? Robert only recently made a statement about not recording or touring with Zeppelin. Before that he never answered THE question in a straight forward manner. Why did he wait so long? Surely he didn't have to wait for an announcement from the others about their (individual) plans, to make his own?

No he didn't. He's not daft. He never EVER actually denied it.

And as I said before - why SHOULD he have been the one to make the statement? Its not his project - he's not involved. If everyone had to comment on things they weren't doing they'd have no time for anything else. The guy can't win - now he waited too long? Good grief. :huh:

No he didn't. He's not daft. He never EVER actually denied it.

And as I said before - why SHOULD he have been the one to make the statement? Its not his project - he's not involved. If everyone had to comment on things they weren't doing they'd have no time for anything else. The guy can't win - now he waited too long? Good grief. :huh:

Now don't get upset. No reason to. I only asked why Robert didn't answered with a simple 'NO' when he was asked if he would go on tour with Zeppelin. And he has been asked this question a lot of times in the time between the O2 and now. To my knowledge he answered in the line of 'you never know what's around the corner' to pretending to fall asleep. Not 'yes' or 'no'. So if the others have known for 'some time' I wonder how long is some time? 'Cause to the public, there was no certainty untill his official statement.

Well I can understand that Robert is frustrated that he's constantly linked to a LZ reunion when he has no plans to do so.

Why RP, JP and JPJ have not been clear about it some time ago when they had the opportunity remains unclear, then. I mean, they all play an equal part when it comes to Robert's frustration. JP and JPJ by not announcing anything and RP by not giving clear answers which only leads to more speculation and rumours.

Forgive the impression then - and thanks for the friendliness - it just seems you are determined Robert will be there when it happens, and really, he won't. Whatever James MacGreogor likes to spout, there ARE sources here closer than The Sun newspaper, and people who have spoken to Robert more recently than his statement ;)

Thanks Knebby as always for the clarity & directness, and also, a sane perspective.

While it's too bad from a wishful thinking perspective, I'm surprised that people won't accept Robert at face value. People may say "he didn't say 'never'", so that gives them something to hang onto and may continue ad infinitum. I appreciate his being up front about it and accept it as is.

Thanks Knebby as always for the clarity & directness, and also, a sane perspective.

While it's too bad from a wishful thinking perspective, I'm surprised that people won't accept Robert at face value. People may say "he didn't say 'never'", so that gives them something to hang onto and may continue ad infinitum. I appreciate his being up front about it and accept it as is.

What's that saying ...? Hope spring eternal ? Have no idea what that$%^&in' means...

Bottom line...the track record is that all parties have been known to change their minds mid sentence.

I just hope they don't wait too long or their own boilover will burn.

Well I can understand that Robert is frustrated that he's constantly linked to a LZ reunion when he has no plans to do so.

Jimmy was mainly responsible for creating this hysteria. Robert just enabled it. I mean, right before and immediately after the O2 he was busy talking about how the production was good enough to take on the road, that he was ready and willing to devote his solo material to a new album, things of that nature. But by the time Robert went on tour for Raising Sand, the rhetoric conspicuously died down. Jimmy's party line to the press was "Robert has outstanding obligations". In other words, "keep the faith until the fall" wink wink nudge nudge. Jimmy and JPJ went into "elder statesman" mode of going to awards ceremonies and making one-off appearances, JPJ at the Grammy's, both of them at the Foos, Jimmy at the Olympics. It was enough to keep interest in Zep high, but nothing serious enough to keep them from regrouping as a band when Robert's tour was over. Also remember that the biggest press they did, the Rolling Stone cover, said "and talk of the biggest tour ever". LZ being control freaks about EVERYTHING, I don't think they would have approved that caption if it hadn't been a possibility.

I don't think Jimmy wanted to come right out to the press and say "I'm sitting at home twiddling my thumbs pining away for Robert". But his actions speak for themselves. When the press cornered him at the movie premiere he had the opportunity to plug his future projects. (Remember right after the LiveAid reunion where when Robert was asked about what was next, he plugged his tour?) The fact that Jimmy said nothing about his solo album project tells me that at least up until that point he was still in "waiting for Robert" mode.

So I don't think there is any other conclusion to make than that Jimmy and JPJ deliberately kept their docket free in the hopes that Robert would rejoin the fold.

If you accept this premise, then Robert's statement is offensive to the fans and also to the 3Js, for the way it seems to pretend that they never were waiting for Robert at all.

The thing about these guys is they never ever gave you a fly on the wall picture of their lives. They have been perfectly willing to hold back on the facts or spin things to sound more favorable than they are. For instance, when Jimmy blew out his back and had to bow out of the Crowes tour. I've since found out what the root cause was, and it's embarassing to him. I don't think it's a big deal, personally. But it's embarassing enough to him that he doesn't want it to be public knowledge, and so he was able to keep the details hidden all this time. Jimmy's also never been totally honest about his substance abuse. It's taken diplomatic statements from Robert to help fill that piece in.

When Jimmy broke his finger before the O2, that was a whole different story. The conspiracy theories started to fly that he did this in order to force in more rehearsal time. Jimmy went out of his way to invite the press into his home to discuss the incident. That was really unprecedented.

So there is hope that maybe Jimmy (or JPJ) will fill in the details.

So I don't think there is any other conclusion to make than that Jimmy and JPJ deliberately kept their docket free in the hopes that Robert would rejoin the fold.

If you accept this premise, then Robert's statement is offensive to the fans and also to the 3Js, for the way it seems to pretend that they never were waiting for Robert at all.

I agree with some of the rest of your post - but I don't accept that premise, and I re-iterrate that they have known for some time that Robert had no intention of joining in with this project.

I agree with some of the rest of your post - but I don't accept that premise, and I re-iterrate that they have known for some time that Robert had no intention of joining in with this project.

I got the feeling that they have known for quite a time, too. But were they still holding the hope that Robert would change his mind and come around? Using that "audition for a new singer" as a plot? Sorry to say that, but I think Jimmy and JPJ know Robert good enough and they should also know this wouldn't be a nice way to bring him back...

I'm so puzzled. Or I really really can't understand why they keep the fans waiting...

I'll be happy with everything, anything they bring up with, just please tell me there is something coming, or not.

I just hope they don't wait too long or their own boilover will burn.

Agreed. I'm concerned that their inaction and/or silence will lead to lasting frustration for everyone (including them).

(An aside- What's the other saying, "A watched pot never boils"? )

Everyone understandably & naturally got worked up over the past year going into September, only to now be disappointed first, and now, anxious & impatient. Maybe Jimmy & John Paul & Jason just aren't sure what they want to do now and that's holding things up, so to speak.

I got the feeling that they have known for quite a time, too. But were they still holding the hope that Robert would change his mind and come around? Using that "audition for a new singer" as a plot? Sorry to say that, but I think Jimmy and JPJ know Robert good enough and they should also know this wouldn't be a nice way to bring him back...

I'm so puzzled. Or I really really can't understand why they keep the fans waiting...

I'll be happy with everything, anything they bring up with, just please tell me there is something coming, or not.

Glicine, this is Led Zeppelin stuff we are talking about. Nothing has ever been straight forward in all the years I have been a fan :blink:B):D

Its par for the course in some repsects.

I have gotten used to waiting. :o:)

Archived