New singer for Jimmy, JPJ and Jason?

MHD

Ii don't know if it has been mentioned here before but Lenny Kravitz is from Florida and it is rumored that the singer that the three J's are rehearsing witn is from Florida.

It's not Lenny B)

IMO the new band needs an English singer, it would cheapen the heratige to have a poodle headed American in an English band :(

You mean singers with perms. That's not exclusive to Americans. As long as the fucker can sing with conviction and heart I'm cool with whoever it is.

IMO the new band needs an English singer, it would cheapen the heratige to have a poodle headed American in an English band :(

It's something new, so they can do what they want/like...

I'm sure we'll find out sometime soon.

R B)

I personally don't mind what nationality the singer is as long as he is an amazing singer. The singer I think should front this new band is Chris Cornell, cant find a better rock singer than him apart from RP IMO.

Randy Jackson of Zebra.....Hmmmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R57a_qjWfk - TSRTS

- Celebration Day

- Going to California

- Kashmir

I saw Randy a year or so ago with "The Music of Led Zeppelin." The guy was great, he did a excellent job of singing Zep.

No one can ever replace Robert Plant but if this new band forms, fans can either give it a chance or stay stuck in the past.

I love LZ, but I honor what ever path each one has chosen by keeping an open mind, and ears.

Here is a review from a 10/18 show of "The Music of Led Zeppelin."

http://cerritosink.blogspot.com/2008/10/mu...er-18-2008.html

The problem is there are no singers who could do justice to Zeppelin who are "hip". Ex-hairband singers aren't 'hip'. Most of the best qualified singers come from the hair band era which peaked in the mid to late 80s. Ann Wilson, Coverdale, Jack Russell from Great White, etc...

If they are going to replace Robert they need someone who injects the unit with more youth appeal.

So that's why Myles is perhaps the best choice purely from a generational standpoint. He's young enough to still be considered 'hip' or artistically relevant but just happens to have an interest in classic rock (kind of like the Crowes and Lenny Kravitz do).

Ladies and gents, personally i'm losing interest in the whole thing very quickly. While I would enjoy seeing Page and Jones working together again, I don't see how any of this can work without Robert unless a new album with a new singer and a new band name happens first. And even then, for me, it would seem like a poor subsitute for what we all wanted to happen (Page and Jones included).

And while I love Jason's attitude and playing, again personally, I would feel another drummer needs to be in the chair because in my mind he's been offically linked to "Led Zeppelin" through the 02 show. I would consider this much more legitimate if it were Jones, Page, a new singer, a new drummer, and a new album released before any tour.

Also, I want to fly the idea that maybe nothing at all will happen now that Plant has shot them down. That maybe all of the rehearsing with another singer was to call his bluff, and now that Plant isn't on board, the idea of continuing on is dead. Maybe that's why we haven't heard a thing from the other three. And at the end of they day, I still don't think Jimmy will do anything that will damage Led Zeppelin's legacy.

Of course, I could be wrong.....LOL.

Why not Pat Monahan?

Pat's good with Train, but not Zeppelin (and yes, I've seen him sing covers of "Ramble On" and a few other Zeppelin songs, too). It's good, but it's not the same vibe. I've met and talked with him and other members of Train, too.

I don't want to hear him sing about cofee at midnight or soy latte's with Page, JPJ and Jason. :D

R B)

The problem is there are no singers who could do justice to Zeppelin who are "hip". Ex-hairband singers aren't 'hip'. Most of the best qualified singers come from the hair band era which peaked in the mid to late 80s. Ann Wilson, Coverdale, Jack Russell from Great White, etc...

That doesn't matter. They'll sell out every show no matter what.

If he's available, how about Paul Rogers!!!!! :rolleyes::DB)

Paul Rodgers won't be available. He'll be touring with Queen next year (with a new album).

Archived