What The Famous Say About Led Zeppelin

SuperDave

I hate rednecks who go around just hating anything that is new or unconventional to them(Ted Nugent). They're the ones who give the south a bad rep. Don't get me wrong: I'm fine with hicks as long as they keep to their NASCAR and stay away from my Jimmy Page.

Hey, I love NASCAR (Jeff Gordon my fave driver)and Led Zeppelin (Robert Plant my fave)and I'm not a redneck hick! I also love the Indianapolis Colts, Boston Celtics, my 5 papillons, oh, and my husband too! Just a few of my diverse interests.

I'd guess Ted Nugent, who I also view as a narrow-minded jerk, referenced Jimmy and wiping the slobber from his face to the times when Jimmy would have saliva trailing from his gaping mouth practically to the stage floor in one slobbery string. I actually have this filmed on some bootleg video footage. It seems the concert was in Brazil, but I don't remember for sure and I sure don't have time to look it up right now.

It really was disgusting and I don't know what state Jimmy was in, but I certainly don't think it was a totally coherent state. But the music was still fantastic and Ted Nugent's talent can't begin to touch Jimmy's.

I'd guess Ted Nugent, who I also view as a narrow-minded jerk, referenced Jimmy and wiping the slobber from his face to the times when Jimmy would have saliva trailing from his gaping mouth practically to the stage floor in one slobbery string. I actually have this filmed on some bootleg video footage. It seems the concert was in Brazil, but I don't remember for sure and I sure don't have time to look it up right now.

I wouldn't bother looking it up as this applied to many (if not most) concerts during this period. But, as you say, the music was still fantastic.

i think this is the video you guys are referring too. around 4:35 you can see jimmy drool. Had a hard time believing this was actually jimmy when i first saw it he looks like a different person when he's fucked up. he looks and plays like he's either on or coming off of hard drugs.

Anyways in the episode regina monologues the simpsons go to england homer says "There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth." Disappointing to learn homer's not a fan of jimmy, although he still may be a fan of zeppelin.

Edited by Jake

the times when Jimmy would have saliva trailing from his gaping mouth practically to the stage floor in one slobbery string.

It really was disgusting and I don't know what state Jimmy was in, but I certainly don't think it was a totally coherent state.

It has been said Hendrix did the same thing on numerous occasions. Once in the studio, I forget who off the top of my head , said he heard the most devastating guitar solo in his life and when he looked over at Jimi, his eyes were rolled into his head and he was drooling all over himself.

Edited by bigstickbonzo

i think this is the video you guys are referring too. around 4:35 you can see jimmy drool. Had a hard time believing this was actually jimmy when i first saw it he looks like a different person when he's fucked up. he looks and plays like he's either on or coming off of hard drugs.

Anyways in the episode regina monologues the simpsons go to england homer says "There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth." Disappointing to learn homer's not a fan of jimmy, although he still may be a fan of zeppelin.

If I saw Jimmy in real life, I'd drool..

I was fortunate enough to have front row center seats to a Page/Plant show in Denver in 1995 and also was standing for the Led Zepeplin show in London December 10, 2007. Both shows you could see Jimmy drooling all over himself. I don't think it has anything to do with being intoxicated artificially....I think he gets so into the moment and the playing that he just drools! An oral orgasm if you will. During the O2 show, the bootleg video clearly shows him wiping his chin off with his shirt sleeve in between songs!

Hey, I love NASCAR (Jeff Gordon my fave driver)and Led Zeppelin (Robert Plant my fave)and I'm not a redneck hick! I also love the Indianapolis Colts, Boston Celtics, my 5 papillons, oh, and my husband too! Just a few of my diverse interests.

It really was disgusting and I don't know what state Jimmy was in, but I certainly don't think it was a totally coherent state. But the music was still fantastic and Ted Nugent's talent can't begin to touch Jimmy's.

I'm not saying all NASCAR fans are rednecks (majority maybe), just people who's lives are NASCAR, hunting, and being faggs by dissing Jimmy Page. Like I said, I don't have a problem with hicks. Heck, half of my family are rednecks. I just get pissed when anyone even tries to mess Jimmy Page.

If I saw Jimmy in real life, I'd drool..

I had a discussion about this on another thread, but we concluded that, if you came into the presence of Jimmy Page then you would instantly be obliterated into oblivion by his pure bodacity.

I wouldn't bother looking it up as this applied to many (if not most) concerts during this period. But, as you say, the music was still fantastic.

I,too, have seen Jimmy Page do these things that do not seem to pleasant to watch, and I would have to conclude that they probably have something to do with some sort of heavy drug use (my opinion). I know some things about Cocaine use, but nothing of Heroin. I think that if someone does alot of Cocaine, it would tend to get their mouth pretty dry, unless they are drinking lots of beer of eating lots of Pussy. And I am sure that JP is very familiar with both. However, even drinking lots of beer while "wired" up is kinda hard to do. Regardless, Jimmy Page is the GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL GUITAR PLAYER OF ALL-TIME, so I am sure he can combine whatever (if any) drugs he has taken or is on during each and all of his performances, that, no matter what, the "Song Remains the Same". JIMMY PAGE is a living legend, and none of us should ever doubt or ever forget that.

I don't think that drooling on the stage is related to drug use( though possible), because even measley old me has drooled while playing the guitar. Well, I didn't drool, but after I was done playing, I realized that a pool of saliva had accumulated in my mouth and if I had my mouth open, I would've drooled. Ted Nugent is just an idiot, that's all.

Alec Baldwin said, as a teenager, he and his friends would "cut their arm off" if they could meet Jimmy Page.

Jack Black on the "School of Rock" DVD begging Zep to use IS.

KISS on one of their videos (eXposed) mention Zep several times.

Rikki Rackman claiming people slept during Zep concerts but went nuts during Judas Priest shows. Nothing but lies!!!

Bo Derek talking about making out as a teen to STH.

Christine Aguliera mentions Zep as her fave band and a big influence.

Rackman is so full of it.

I used to think Jimmy was drooling because he was drunk or whatever, but I don't believe that because he is clean now by all accounts and it still happens. Here's a theory; could it be related to all the dental work he's had done? Take a look at pictures of Jimmy from the early 80's when he was still on heroin, his mouth is a mess. He's clearly had extensive work done on his teeth, I wonder if that may have something to do with it.

Anyway, drooling or not Nugent is not in the same musical galaxy as Page...

I've seen Jimmy a number of times over the years and I've always noticed that he sweats profusely onstage. Rivulets running down his face and clothes nearly soaked through. I've always attributed it to the heat from the lights and the obvious adrenalin rush he's experiencing when he's up there. I really don't think it has anything to do with drugs. Alcohol though does cause sweating in some people.

From a new interview with Cherie Currie of The Runaways when she is talking about the new movie.

Q: What?

A: Back then, they threw us in jail: Me, Joan and Sandy, because Robert Plant had told us to save our hotel room keys. We went to Europe and he had his in shadow boxes, so of course we’d do anything that Robert Plant told us to do. Who wouldn’t? And they busted us in Dover on the way to Paris before we jumped on the ferry. Threw us in jail. And [road manager] Scott Anderson had stashed some of his cocaine in my makeup case…We signed off on all our luggage and all of a sudden it occurs to me while I’m sitting in this cell with the girls, “Oh my God, his coke is in my makeup case and I’m going to stay in Europe the rest of my life in prison!”

Jimmy lacking improvisation? Hmmm just listen to a live version of No Quarter (especially 1975 or 1977), Since I've Been Loving You, Over The Hills and Far Away, Stairway, D&C.... The list just goes on.

that guy didn't know what he was talking about. Richie is an ego-maniac. Just ask him.

rnrbreak.jpgyeoldecastle.jpg

Ted Nugent is an opinionated asshole and although I like some of his music his live performances are lackluster and uninspiring. He's a jealous cunt. Sorry for the profanity...I felt my inner Peter Grant comin on.

I totally agree. He is very opinionated and nobody cares. Well, I don't. How dare he talk about Led Zep like that or Jimmy. If he even had half of the talent that LZ has...it just pisses me off :mad:.