JPJ CONFIRMS NEW SINGER RUMOURS!

Led Nick

"I think some of the band really want to go out and do it and other parts of the band need to understand why they're doing it, and if there's no compelling reason to do it, then they shouldn't do it.

So are the other parts of the band the same parts that don't want to do it at all and need to understand why the first parts do, or are there different parts within the parts that do want to do it, some of which understand why they're doing it and some of which don't? :huh:

Good old Harvey, hasn't changed, I see.

I think the whole situation is very frustrating. Page, Jones, and Bonham obviously want to reform but Plant doesn't. It's really a shame they can't agree. Personally, a new Led Zeppelin album without Plant would be a hard pill to swallow. I sure hope Robert comes around.

Actually had a dream last night that I was watching Zep rehearse some new songs in a large outdoor arena. Sure enough, I was happy to find Plant at the helm.

With all do respect mate it's not THEY, but rather HE! I share your frustations too. But do we as fans want to hear a reluctant lead singer mail it in night after night, I DON'T! Afterall, Led Zeppelin for me has always been about the music. The music being played by 3 very talented MUSICIANS. Having JPJ in the fold changes the hole dynamic. Him being on board with his brilliant playing, certainly ups the ante on this project tremendously. His class and professionalism in the studio will bring out the best in Jason and Jimmy.

"I think some of the band really want to go out and do it and other parts of the band need to understand why they're doing it, and if there's no compelling reason to do it, then they shouldn't do it.

So are the other parts of the band the same parts that don't want to do it at all and need to understand why the first parts do, or are there different parts within the parts that do want to do it, some of which understand why they're doing it and some of which don't? :huh:

Agreed. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

What would be a "compelling reason" in Harvey's estimation? If JP and JPJ really want to do it, wouldn't that be compelling reason enough?

I think so, but I'm sure someone will enlighten me.

Just thought I'd add my two cents worth...

The current Zeppelin situation is very similar to the current Queen situation. One member has died, one member doesnt want to do it anymore but two members are eager to make music together again.

In Queen's case they hooked up with Paul Rodgers, found another bass player and hit the road and have had a great deal of success. The new album is great, their gigs are amazing. It can be done. It is, however a very different band and "The Cosmos Rocks" isnt your typical Queen album but its amazing nonetheless. Opinion has been divided over their using the name (although they did rebrand themselves as Queen + Paul Rodgers) but that didnt stop them selling out huge venues worldwide.

I think that this new Led Zeppelin can be just as sucessful. Also, despite there being only 2 original members, Jason is practically a member. He naturally has a strong connection with the band and has played with them numerous times. Jimmy Page's "Live At The Greek" album showed that with just himself as the only Zeppelin member the songs could be recreated so add two other members in the mix and you cant go wrong. With the right singer this new incarnation will be phenomenal. Robert doesnt want to do it anymore, we have to accept taht and it wouldnt be good gig experience if he didnt want to be there. Jimmy, Jonsey and Jason however seem all fired up so there's no reason why they shouldnt tour and record. It will be a very different sounding record but that doesnt mean it will be bad.

There is the thing of the name, Queen + Paul Rodgers were not going to use the Queen name but they ended up doing so, I suppose the three Js could call themselves: "Led Zeppelin + ?" Though to be honest if Jimmy can play guitar like he does, i think coming up with a name will be no problem.

Sounds like he's been drinking Heineken trying to refresh the parts other beers can't reach :blink:

Just thought I'd add my two cents worth...

The current Zeppelin situation is very similar to the current Queen situation. One member has died, one member doesnt want to do it anymore but two members are eager to make music together again.

In Queen's case they hooked up with Paul Rodgers, found another bass player and hit the road and have had a great deal of success. The new album is great, their gigs are amazing. It can be done. It is, however a very different band and "The Cosmos Rocks" isnt your typical Queen album but its amazing nonetheless. Opinion has been divided over their using the name (although they did rebrand themselves as Queen + Paul Rodgers) but that didnt stop them selling out huge venues worldwide.

I think that this new Led Zeppelin can be just as sucessful. Also, despite there being only 2 original members, Jason is practically a member. He naturally has a strong connection with the band and has played with them numerous times. Jimmy Page's "Live At The Greek" album showed that with just himself as the only Zeppelin member the songs could be recreated so add two other members in the mix and you cant go wrong. With the right singer this new incarnation will be phenomenal. Robert doesnt want to do it anymore, we have to accept taht and it wouldnt be good gig experience if he didnt want to be there. Jimmy, Jonsey and Jason however seem all fired up so there's no reason why they shouldnt tour and record. It will be a very different sounding record but that doesnt mean it will be bad.

There is the thing of the name, Queen + Paul Rodgers were not going to use the Queen name but they ended up doing so, I suppose the three Js could call themselves: "Led Zeppelin + ?" Though to be honest if Jimmy can play guitar like he does, i think coming up with a name will be no problem.

I agree with alot with what you say, but The new Queen album is a real dissapointment. I guess JPJ didn't mention the word Zep so lets see what happens, but at least we now know something in some shape is going to happen.

The second one you said...

so there are three parts in all: the first one doesn't want to do it at all , the second one wants to do it and knows why and the third one wants to do it without understanding what it's doing ... oh harvey :slapface:

What would be a "compelling reason" in Harvey's estimation? If JP and JPJ really want to do it, wouldn't that be compelling reason enough?

I think so, but I'm sure someone will enlighten me.

I believe a "compelling reason" would be a tour/event promoted by Harvey... Can't wait for my special code to use on Ticketmaster to buy tickets to the show! Can I sell my code on ebay? What about my wristband; when do I get that???

I am obviously being cynical/sarcastic, but it certainly does seem that people can be extremely critical of something they (presumably) aren't involved in.

I believe a "compelling reason" would be a tour/event promoted by Harvey... Can't wait for my special code to use on Ticketmaster to buy tickets to the show! Can I sell my code on ebay? What about my wristband; when do I get that???

I am obviously being cynical/sarcastic, but it certainly does seem that people can be extremely critical of something they (presumably) aren't involved in.

I bet HG wouldn't turn his nose up at promoting any concerts <_<

Exerpts from harvey's interview:

He said: "I certainly don't think they should do a big tour because I can't see the point of it... "I doubt it will be called Led Zeppelin"

Well duh Harvey!! I seriously doubt that they would call themselves "Led Zeppelin" if they find a singer and elect to mount a tour.

Goldsmith continued that unless there was a “compelling reason” to do the tour, then it shouldn't go ahead.

He told BBC News: "I think some of the band really want to go out and do it and other parts of the band need to understand why they're doing it, and if there's no compelling reason to do it, then they shouldn't do it.[/b]

:blink::blink:

so which member is "some" of the band really want to go out & do it and which member is the "other parts" of the band need to understand why they're doing it?"

I don't get it or is that harveyspeak? :D

Gotcha. The almighty dollar is quite compelling.

meanwhile, according to the BBC NEWS .......

ZEP WARNED OFF 'POINTLESS' TOUR

is the headline, as Harvey Goldsmith adds his twopenneth.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7695866.stm

Who cares what you think Harvey! Zeppelin will do what they do on their own terms. The timing of this rant seems odd, could he possibly be speaking on someone else's behalf? <_<

Archived