JPJ CONFIRMS NEW SINGER RUMOURS!

Led Nick

I certainly agree with the notion that any further releases of an album, or a tour, needs to be handled very carefully. They have a legacy to protect, and Led Zeppelin was always a band with tremendous creative integrity. I fully trust Jimmy and John Paul in that regard, however.

Led Zeppelin With out Robert Plant isn't Led Zeppelin... it's just Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, Jason Bonham and some talentless hack... Robert Plant is Led Zeppelin... This is blasphemy. But whatever Jimmy wants to do if it makes him happy then let him do it

On an earlier post I suggest a female singer. I doubt a male singer could fill Plant's shoes, even if not singing Zep material. Page and Jones as Capricorns need to get out and climb the mountains on stage. Anyone know Jason Bonham's astrology?

I certainly agree with the notion that any further releases of an album, or a tour, needs to be handled very carefully. They have a legacy to protect, and Led Zeppelin was always a band with tremendous creative integrity. I fully trust Jimmy and John Paul in that regard, however.

Totally agree. Just listening to comments like the recent ones from JPJ makes me feel better in terms of what they do being "right."

The real irony is that Page, Jones and Bonham are out looking for a new singer and Plant’s not even dead!

At least The Who would wait for members to die...

On that note, the smartest replacement for Plant is Chris Robinson. I’m sure Page has already flown him over.

CVB

Todd Marten is a shithead.

Who is he to even "suppose" on how Led Zeppelin, JPage, JPaul, RPlant or JBonham should further their music endeavors. Blog this Todd: Stay out of "rock and roll", you can't handle it.

Led Zeppelin With out Robert Plant isn't Led Zeppelin... it's just Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones, Jason Bonham and some talentless hack... Robert Plant is Led Zeppelin... This is blasphemy. But whatever Jimmy wants to do if it makes him happy then let him do it

I personally don't think that they should call themselves Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant.

That is not to say that whoever is chosen will be a 'talentless hack'.

^^ (In response to kdh) He's got an opinion (not all of which I agree with), to which he's entitled just as much as you're entitled to yours. He just argues his better. :D

All singers except Plant are talentless hacks?? :huh:

wow, this thing is getting out of hand again...

sit and wait. don't speculate.

whatever music JJandJ make regardless of the singer or the band name, it will be incredible, we will all buy it and if we can afford it, we will go to see them on tour.

Quit beating up on Robert already. Let it go. He has.

And the new singer will be...(drum roll)....

Jeff Martin, former front man of Canadian rock/blues/eastern power trio the Tea Party.

Here's the evidence:

1. Jeff and his original band The Tea Party (roughly early 90's - 2005) were inspired by, and really based their whole sound on Led Zep. 'Kashmir' in particular was the template for most of the Tea Party's numerous forays into Morrocan-roll (search out 'Sister Awake', 'Walk With Me', 'Inanna', 'The Halcyon Days', 'Samsara', 'Luxuria' and recent solo effort 'World is Calling' to name but a few). And their first indie-only album - which you can't buy commercially - is basically Presence pt 2 in sound (if not content).

2. Jeff is friends with Jimmy

3. I just read an interview with Jeff re his new album with percussionist Wayne Sheehy (otherwise known as 'Jeff Martin and The Armada', released next week), where he says - and I quote:"on January 1st next year something much bigger is going to happen and it is at that point that everything changes"

I rest my case...and it's going to be massive.

Peter Murphy is a better choice, wouldn't you agree?

Not bad -- Murphy would be interesting. "Bela Lugosi's Stomp"!!!!! B)

Or how about this guy? -- Danny Kubinski from Die Kreuzen.

Or, like the LA TImes said maybe in jest: Leona Lewis is booked.

I wouldn't doubt she's been over for a jam session or two.

And the new singer will be...(drum roll)....

Jeff Martin, former front man of Canadian rock/blues/eastern power trio the Tea Party.

Here's the evidence:

1. Jeff and his original band The Tea Party (roughly early 90's - 2005) were inspired by, and really based their whole sound on Led Zep. 'Kashmir' in particular was the template for most of the Tea Party's numerous forays into Morrocan-roll (search out 'Sister Awake', 'Walk With Me', 'Inanna', 'The Halcyon Days', 'Samsara', 'Luxuria' and recent solo effort 'World is Calling' to name but a few). And their first indie-only album - which you can't buy commercially - is basically Presence pt 2 in sound (if not content).

2. Jeff is friends with Jimmy

3. I just read an interview with Jeff re his new album with percussionist Wayne Sheehy (otherwise known as 'Jeff Martin and The Armada', released next week), where he says - and I quote:"on January 1st next year something much bigger is going to happen and it is at that point that everything changes"

I rest my case...and it's going to be massive.

Maybe the something much bigger is The Tea Party being one of the opening acts on the new Zep tour? :unsure:

And wasn't there a comment Ian Astbury from the Cult made on stage about the Cult also being contacted about this bill that Jimmy is pulling together? That was a while back.

Maybe the something much bigger is The Tea Party being one of the opening acts on the new Zep tour? :unsure:

No, in the same interview he confirmed that the Tea Party are definitely finished. Jeff is the man. There was even rumours a few years back that he worked on unfinished P&P material with Page and drummer Michael Lee (who incidentally recorded and toured with Jeff Martin back in '06)...

The connections are all there.

Not sure about the Tea Party being back together. I did see them when I was bouncing at my university bar, I had 'stage duty' and was a few feet from him. Martin is a helluva guitar player. I'd certainly be interested if he and Page did something, (wishful thinking)

According to Billboard info just coming out on the wire, it's a done deal. Drumroll :drumz: and crystal ball please!

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003885909

Funny that the Billboard story includes a link to a story on Michael Jackson saying that he loves his brothers but won't record or tour with the Jackson 5 in 2009.

Robert Plant; the "Jacko" of Led Zeppelin!

:lol:

Well, in the words of the immortal John Bonham prior to his Fool In The rain count-in.............FOCKIN' 'EL! :slapface:

It's always been Myles.

Sorry to go off topic for a mo, but with reference to said intro of Fool In The Rain is it Robert that says "What the hell's going on?" It sounds really feminine, but I can't think who else it would be apart from Percy.

It's always been Myles.

Sorry to go off topic for a mo, but with reference to said intro of Fool In The Rain is it Robert that says "What the hell's going on?" It sounds really feminine, but I can't think who else it would be apart from Percy.

Not off topic at all. Yes, it's Robert. It was obviously a tense scene but I still can't help but laugh. being a drummer it just brings back many funny studio memories.

I was kind of hoping it wasn't Myles but I have always trusted Jimmy's judgement so I'm sure it will be pretty cool.

In regards to jpj singing his song -angry angry and battle of evermore in 77, a couple of led zep songs with him singing with an english accent would be interesting...sort of give it a punk rock sound.

Jason singing -battle of evermore on youtube is interesting... he could give some songs a soundgarden ish sound.

I guess a new singer would be necessary for a new record though.

And wasn't there a comment Ian Astbury from the Cult made on stage about the Cult also being contacted about this bill that Jimmy is pulling together? That was a while back.

And Jeff's real name is Jeffrey Scott Brill. He's part of my family

http://www.sixdegreesrecords.com/artists.p...ist=Wally_Brill

Archived