Happy Birthday...John Paul Jones

Hang-man

Happy Birthday to, John Paul Jones....

John Paul Jones (born John Baldwin on January 3, 1946) is an English musician, composer, arranger, record producer, and multi-instrumentalist musician.

Best known as the bass guitarist, keyboardist and, less often, mandolin player for Led Zeppelin, Jones has since developed a successful solo career, and is widely respected as both a musician and a producer. A versatile musician, Jones also plays guitar, koto, lap steel guitars, autoharp, mandolin, ukulele, sitar, cello, continuum and the three over-dubbed recorder parts heard on Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven".

According to Allmusic, Jones "has left his mark on rock & roll music history as an innovative musician, arranger, and director".

Thank You for all the Great Music, that You have Given to ALL of US over the Years,

All the best,

Hang-man :ph34r:

Don't know. He may at some point down the road.

Hey-Up Ninelives,

I Shall have a word with the "Powers that Be" to get Jonesy & Bonzo reconised for there contribution to Led Zeppelin & to Music in General :thanku: , as they Should have had got them by now, (i said B4 my Dad got an MBE) :thumbsup:.

BUT.... sorry, Im afraid I dont know anyone at Buckingham Palace :thumbdown:..

The thing about these "Awards" these days is they tend to be given to Past Greats like "Robert" :notworthy: who have Really Acheived something.

Today :superman: Glory Hunters, People who can Run fast, Swim, or Ride a Bike & win a Gold for this country get them, or a Famous Footballer who's probebly a nice chap but as a "Pig wearing Knickers" :redcard: for a wife (sorry David), will be made a Sir one day.. The thing is about these "Awards", are there not as Valued, as they once were...Just my thoughts.

All the best,

Very happy birthday indeed, Mister John Paul "two slides" Jones.

You still look young after all these years....rock on, and stay healthy and inspired!

(And a lot of thanks for Zooma, the best Zeppelin album even not-made by Zep)

Happy birthday, Jonesy! :birthday:

Looking forward to hearing you play some LOUD music in 2009 - pleeeeasse! :standup_bass::piano:

Yes, absolutely!

Happy Birthday JPJ :birthday:

Btw, love that sig photo Lilith...one of my faves of Jason at the O2 :)

Hey-Up Ninelives,

I Shall have a word with the "Powers that Be" to get Jonesy & Bonzo reconised for there contribution to Led Zeppelin & to Music in General :thanku: , as they Should have had got them by now, (i said B4 my Dad got an MBE) :thumbsup:.

BUT.... sorry, Im afraid I dont know anyone at Buckingham Palace :thumbdown:..

The thing about these "Awards" these days is they tend to be given to Past Greats like "Robert" :notworthy: who have Really Acheived something.

Today :superman: Glory Hunters, People who can Run fast, Swim, or Ride a Bike & win a Gold for this country get them, or a Famous Footballer who's probebly a nice chap but as a "Pig wearing Knickers" :redcard: for a wife (sorry David), will be made a Sir one day.. The thing is about these "Awards", are there not as Valued, as they once were...Just my thoughts.

All the best,

Well since you declared your love to Robert and he was happy you finally did, maybe you can talk to him and see what he can work out :D

B)

John, best wishes for a wonderful birthday and many more years of good health, happiness, and wonderful music!

I don't know if you will read this but I wanted to thank you for so readily agreeing to sign your autograph for me, decades ago, when I was a young teen and you were with LZ. I handed you a 19-cent Bic pen that stopped working while you were signing. I remember feeling mortified but you were so very nice about it! You just changed the angle, smiled, and kept signing. I've never forgotten that - and I still have your autograph with that little gap in the ink. Thank you!

Archived