I've Been Going to the...MOOOOvies

bigstickbonzo

Just saw Away We Go.

This movie had some impressive bonding scenes between the two main characters as they travelled across North America.

It's a film about best friends and true love with comedic and adventurous moments, as well as some on location scenery.

AwayWeGo_invite.jpg

I wondered how this would be. You think it's worth seeing on the big screen or wait until dvd?

I saw Chéri this afternoon--very good, nice period piece. :) It stars Michelle Pfeiffer, Rupert Friend & Kathy Bates.

--------------------**---------------------

michelle-pfeiffer-17.jpg

Edited by Fan_S.

Saw Public Enemies...I don't know, it just didn't grab me all that much. The editing and shaky-cam kinda killed it, in my opinion. Everything was just kinda set at a slow burn the whole way through; it wasn't exactly boring, but there were no crescendos in tension or excitement at all, which is crazy for a movie that has multiple prison breaks and shootouts. And usually that fast-cut editing jazz at least makes things seem more exciting, if harder to follow, but this just made it seem like a jumbled-up dream. Weird. Oh well, it's at least worth seeing and deciding for yourself whether you like it or not - it's not THAT bad.

Johnny Depp and Christian Bale were indeed great, especially considering the lack of character development in the script. Loved the scene where Johnny's talking to Christian in the jail cell.

I saw Harry Potter and The Hal Blood Prince. The parts that were in the movie were all right on with the book but I thought they left a lot of important things out that they could've put in there.

Finally saw 'The World's Fastest Indian' with Anthony Hopkins.

The scenes at the Bonneville salt flats brought back some good memories from when I rode my bike there. I still can't believe he got that 1920 Indian to go over 200 mph. His records still stand from the 60's for under 1,000cc bikes. I loved the scenes from New Zealand too. :)

I saw Harry Potter and The Hal Blood Prince. The parts that were in the movie were all right on with the book but I thought they left a lot of important things out that they could've put in there.

Oh no, not again! That's what I didn't like about the 3rd movie...overall it was my favorite, but it irked me that they left some things out that would've helped explain the story a lot. Can't wait to see this one, though...I'm a lot more excited about this movie than the last two, even though Phoenix was my favorite book. I think I'm having Potter withdrawal now that there aren't any more books coming out, heh.

Oh no, not again! That's what I didn't like about the 3rd movie...overall it was my favorite, but it irked me that they left some things out that would've helped explain the story a lot. Can't wait to see this one, though...I'm a lot more excited about this movie than the last two, even though Phoenix was my favorite book. I think I'm having Potter withdrawal now that there aren't any more books coming out, heh.

Slight spoiler:

I feel for you. I was sad that they left out so much of the Hermione and Ron it was one of my favourite parts. That could just be because I love Ron though.

I am rereading the books. I think ti's a great series.

Edited by lzfan715

Saw HP6. Braved it with a bunch of summer camp kids in the theatre, who were actually quite well behaved all things considering.

Anyway, is it me or was it just a bit flat? They hit all the important plot points but it wasn't as exciting as the book (leeway added for unfair comparison, as adaptations are tricky). The ending was sad, but in the book it's impact hit me a lot harder. But I've had a hard time feeling much of anything lately, so maybe it's me. So far it's my least favourite movie of the series.

Well, after seeing it again, I take back a lot of what I said (but not all). It's quite a bit better than than I first thought (I can't believe how much i missed the first time around...weird) but still, it would've been great had they done more with wither Dumbledore's search for the horcruxes or with Harry's search for the ID of the Half-Blood Prince (why he called himself that, etc.). Mayeb they'll somehow include it in parts 7A&B?? It focused a bit too much on the blossoming and shifting romantic relationships and not enough on the other things I mentioned. It seems it would not make much sense to people who've not read the books. I don't really get why they changed parts leading up to the ending, either. Anyway, point is, I liked it much better the second go around.

I saw Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince today, also.

I did enjoy it. As usual, it was a little long and omitted some interesting bits of the book. The teenage love angst angle was a bit overplayed, but I think that it made it seem more real-to-life.

There were a few little ones in the audience and they were frightened by certain parts of the movie.

I thought that the Dumbledore ending could have been portrayed with a little more emotion.

Overall rating: 7.5 out of 10, in my opinion. :thumbsup: