What Are You Doing Today?

Charles J. White

Attended a "pre screening" for a job this morning, was told that the job interview was a two part, the first is a telephone and the second (if successful) is a call in for the proper interview.

I had the telephone one done today, I think it went ok as the guy told me that I might be lucky to see the part two. 

The thing is, I was all prepped up with job interview techniques from the work programme I am in (google the word "Ingeus") and was about to launch myself into "selling myself" mode.... the guy on the phone stopped me dead in my tracks, told me he wasn't interested in work programme style prepped bulls**t (and yes, he DID use the word bulls**t which I was quite shocked at) he just wanted to know about me.

But to be honest, I can see his point...all he wants is someone who can do the job, someone who can count 1-10 and speak the Queens english, none of this "selling yourself" crap.

Started the day with a nice walk on the bridge.  Must be the flight of the butterflies as there were hundreds that joined the eastbound walkers.  Think they were Gulf Fritillaries.  Here's a pic of one.  Tonight dinner with family and then college football. I'll be cheering on Mississippi State to whoop up on Auburn. :P

image.thumb.jpg.5bc1f4c8b62d23f5dca879ce

Started the day with a nice walk on the bridge.  Must be the flight of the butterflies as there were hundreds that joined the eastbound walkers.  Think they were Gulf Fritillaries.  Here's a pic of one.  Tonight dinner with family and then college football. I'll be cheering on Mississippi State to whoop up on Auburn. :P

image.thumb.jpg.5bc1f4c8b62d23f5dca879ce

Beautiful butterfly Dd. But is that roadkill in the background to the left?