What Made You Happy today?

Hotplant

On the bright side, housing prices have come down a lot. The median price is in the $300Ks now, compared to the $500Ks in 2005-6. Coronado might be a bit of a stretch, though, unless you're a millionaire. If you have any questions about the neighborhoods around here, I'd be happy to put in my 2 cents.

San Diego's not so bad, though. The only thing that really gets on my nerves is the traffic (and sometimes the people). No snow, though! Temperature's in the 70s right now, nice and sunny!

we would only be there 2 years so will probably rent...my main concern is the school district and safety/crime...i can't even imagine dealing with the traffic...not sure i can even name five stoplights where i live now...

i'm not dragging down san diego as much as i am disappointed because the spouse will be gone off and on at least a year of the time we are there, whereas if he goes to afganistan for a year, we could stay here and just get it over with...the constant leaving for 2 to 6 weeks at a time on top of the 6 month cruise is tough on the kids as is the extra move...

...this was the whining thread, right?...ok, i'm done...nice and sunny...nice and sunny...nice and sunny

we would only be there 2 years so will probably rent...my main concern is the school district and safety/crime...i can't even imagine dealing with the traffic...not sure i can even name five stoplights where i live now...

i'm not dragging down san diego as much as i am disappointed because the spouse will be gone off and on at least a year of the time we are there, whereas if he goes to afganistan for a year, we could stay here and just get it over with...the constant leaving for 2 to 6 weeks at a time on top of the 6 month cruise is tough on the kids as is the extra move...

...this was the whining thread, right?...ok, i'm done...nice and sunny...nice and sunny...nice and sunny

Military life sucks in that aspect but there are alot of benefits for families. That's right just keep saying it over and over at least till he retires then life will get better.

Saw this great show on the history channel on remains of civilzations that are now underwater. There is one off the coast of -yanaguni, japan, discovered in 1985. The water clarity is very good, so they got some great footage of the structure, which is like 90ft high and 800ft wide and theres a road that runs off the structure. Apparently it could predate the pyramids in -egypt, anywhere from 3-5thousand yrs bc, or possibly more.

Just confirmed, will have long vacation around the X-Mas holidays. Will be happy to share old stories and make new ones.

Your welcome for the photo DZL.

Rawwwwrrrr.

Good morning to you too Spats. If you treat yourself nicely, others will follow suit. Well, the ones who matter anyways.

The ones who give you problems tell them about ancient Confucius saying....

Happiness is the first fire in the fireplace of the season :D It is unbelievably cold in Virginia today; cold and windy. My poor son had soccer practice and his hands were like icicles when he finished (and I froze my booty off in the car). Note to self: toss a blanket or 2 and mittens in the car tonight for Thursday's practice...

:freezing:

I woke up feeling good after 5 weeks of feeling terrible. I am still alive I got to go vote yesterday and did a little work in My yard for the first time in a good while thanks to family My grass was not over the House.Now I want to get laid.Well I am a Man once We feel good that and Food are on top of our list. :D:D:D

I woke up feeling good after 5 weeks of feeling terrible. I am still alive I got to go vote yesterday and did a little work in My yard for the first time in a good while thanks to family My grass was not over the House.Now I want to get laid.Well I am a Man once We feel good that and Food are on top of our list. :D:D:D

I am glad you are feeling better. Now thats a man who has is priorities in order :blink:

It is kinda tough on the kids I know, I was one of them once :) They will get an experience that not many people get in their life times.

They'll be ok :thumbsup:

Edited by Dzldoc