The Rest in Peace Thread

SteveAJones

On June 18, 2016 at 1:48 AM, kipper said:

I enjoy this tread, I just meant that it seems like people are in fear of saying anything here or making a thread that might offend someone else which is too bad.  These people were slaughtered they did not die of old age.

So RIP to all who are being killed everyday in the name of religion, any religion.

You enjoy the Rest In Peace thread....  If you want to start a thread about the Pulse Massacre, then go ahead.  Nobody is afraid to initiate a thread - it's a thing called respect.  Sam has asked for these issues to not be debated here and I respect the wishes of this site.  Based on the responses already on here, for good reason.  It would've gone down the same road it always has and the slime would've come out of the woodwork even more....  

10 hours ago, Walter said:

You enjoy the Rest In Peace thread....  If you want to start a thread about the Pulse Massacre, then go ahead.  Nobody is afraid to initiate a thread - it's a thing called respect.  Sam has asked for these issues to not be debated here and I respect the wishes of this site.  Based on the responses already on here, for good reason.  It would've gone down the same road it always has and the slime would've come out of the woodwork even more....  

I don't think there is anything to debate, some beautiful people were slaughtered by a religious fanatic. I see no disrespect in calling that like it is.

15 hours ago, The Rover said:

Welcome to the "27 Club" Anton. :(

I really liked his take on the Chekhov character in the new Star Trek reboots, and he was in one of my favourite films of 2013, "Only Lovers Left Alive".

R.I.P.

Edited by Strider

9 hours ago, Strider said:

I really liked his take on the Chekhov character in the new Star Trek reboots, and he was in one of my favourite films of 2013, "Only Lovers Left Alive".

R.I.P.

13502031_10157561276535355_6256066135684

16 hours ago, kipper said:

I don't think there is anything to debate, some beautiful people were slaughtered by a religious fanatic. I see no disrespect in calling that like it is.

Then start a thread for it and stop whining about political correctness in the country being the cause of this massacre,  being afraid to say things here and all of the other wonderful posts you have made in various threads.  

Here are some recent photos of the ongoing memorial outside of the Dr Phillips Center just about 1 mile north of where this atrocity took place: 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

14 hours ago, Strider said:

R.I.P.

This story becomes more tragic by the day.  A car malfunction?!?  

RIP

On 6/21/2016 at 1:33 PM, Walter said:

Then start a thread for it and stop whining about political correctness in the country being the cause of this massacre,  being afraid to say things here and all of the other wonderful posts you have made in various threads.  

Here are some recent photos of the ongoing memorial outside of the Dr Phillips Center just about 1 mile north of where this atrocity took place: 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

The photos you posted are very nice so thank you for that.  I am not whining, people are hurting and my frustration about why this happened isnt just a opinion that I have.  I would not make a diffrerent thread for this massacre because too many people here use these things just to shit all over other people the same way with the paris terrorist attacks and why I guess people cant have sensible conversations or threads to talk about their feeling here which is too bad because the world keeps turning.  I am frustrated by political correctness because it probably kept the Fbii from stopping this madman and that is all I have left to vent about this. 

3 hours ago, kipper said:

The photos you posted are very nice so thank you for that.  I am not whining, people are hurting and my frustration about why this happened isnt just a opinion that I have.  I would not make a diffrerent thread for this massacre because too many people here use these things just to shit all over other people the same way with the paris terrorist attacks and why I guess people cant have sensible conversations or threads to talk about their feeling here which is too bad because the world keeps turning.  I am frustrated by political correctness because it probably kept the Fbii from stopping this madman and that is all I have left to vent about this. 

Have to agree with you.

9 hours ago, kipper said:

I agree with most of your statement here - it's a far cry from what you wrote two weeks ago, which is why this is persisting.  Glad we found some common ground.  Have a good weekend.

13 hours ago, Walter said:

I agree with most of your statement here - it's a far cry from what you wrote two weeks ago, which is why this is persisting.  Glad we found some common ground.  Have a good weekend.

Im glad we agree on most things then. What I said when this happened was proven to be true so Im comfortable what I said and Im sorry if that upset you. Have a nice weekend also.:)

On June 13, 2016 at 2:13 AM, kipper said:

Is this the price we pay for being too politically correct when a savage animal who the governement already knew had ties to islamic terrorism and they still wouldn't do a fucking thing?   Now he kills so many beautiful young people and we here are too afraid to make a thread for these victims?

On June 25, 2016 at 10:49 PM, kipper said:

Im glad we agree on most things then. What I said when this happened was proven to be true so Im comfortable what I said and Im sorry if that upset you. Have a nice weekend also.:)

Upset me?  Never.  Being proven correct?  Not so much.  "Political correctness", based on the example you gave above, has never come into play with this mentally ill murderer.  He was watched for years by the FBI and was still allowed to buy military grade weapons, legally.    Don't see any "politically correct" actions there.  However, in the aftermath, a certain group has continued to be in bed with the NRA and won't change legally obtaining military grade weapons by people - especially who have been or are currently on watch lists, etc.  If that was you interpretation of "politically correct" then I would agree with you.  

RIP to my father.  He passed away 8 years ago this summer and today would've been 74 years old.  Miss you!

RIP Pat Summitt

One of the greatest coaches of all-time.  Very inspirational and influential in the world of women's college athletics.  Winningest coach in Division I women's college basketball history.

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 0:20 AM, kipper said:

Great posts, kipper. It looks like only 1 person is trying to debate you. (And in the Rest In Peace forum of all places) *smh*

I'm sorry for the loss you must feel on this horrible attack. May this tragedy and more like this be stopped, like in San Bernardino, Chattanooga, Brussels, and Paris (the later 2 of which NRA doesn't even exist) ;), so that these victims can truly Rest in Peace. Take care, kipper.

Edited by apantherfrommd

Irony at its finest.  

For accurate historical recall:  we can only have civil discussions in these threads due in large part to your behavior.  You remember when Sam shut down all political threads and what did you do in response....throw a forum tantrum about freedom of speech and then you dug up a bunch of irrelevant threads in protest, right?  Now you want to show up acting like this isn't the place to have a civil discussion, talk about "pc".

Back to the topic at hand: I didn't realize how many different defenses Buddy Ryan had a hand in.  The Jets '69 SB team - he was d-line coach.  The "purple people eater" Minnesota defense of the 70's too.  The Bears '85 was the greatest defense I ever saw. 

RIP Buddy.