Led Zeppelin Tour Rumours TRUE!

Sorry but "a source close to the band" just doesn't get it. This is no more authentic than any of the other dozens of articles printed daily as of late that are dealing in nothing more than speculation. Give me a direct quote from a band member and/or an official press release, not secondhand information that has absolutely no basis in fact.

does seem like we're still in specualtion/rumor mode.......but where there's smoke there's fire!

and I won't get my hopes up anyway, because even if the do tour, and they will certainly play MSG or a stadium in the NY area, I'm banking on it being hard for the regualr joe like me to get tix!, never had much luck in "lotteries"

All I need to see is this sentence here:

"Members Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham have so far refused to be drawn on any future plans to reunite."

A "pal" of the band might well be the promoter who wants him desperately to play Millenium Stadium -- he is a friend of JPJ, allegedly, if you recall. He has a vested financial interest, ergo is not a definitive source. One of the four members listed above, however, would be definitive, as would Harvey Goldstein or Bill Curbishley.

I think they'll tour but this story isn't confirmation for me. I'll order the champagne when we see the press conference & pop the cork when I get a ticket. I still can't see any point in them playing Glastonbury.

I would be nice if the rest of us who registered for The O2 but weren't lucky to be offered tickets first but I think they'll be sold in the usual way for any tour.

and I won't get my hopes up anyway, because even if the do tour, and they will certainly play MSG or a stadium in the NY area, I'm banking on it being hard for the regualr joe like me to get tix!, never had much luck in "lotteries"

Yeah, the demand for tickets will make it very hard to attend without spending a fortune. In any event, the prospect of a Zeppelin tour in 2008 is a beautiful thing.

Thats pretty cool, but i'm with the rest of you on this one until the band actually says yes we are doing a tour then i am just sitting back and hoping for the best. It would seem from the interviews and other information that the band are considering it, like any time Jimmy is asked about it he just smiles and says something along the lines of we will have to see. But '08 is just around the corner and I think that something will be happening soon, there is just way to much money in it for them to say no.

Does anyone here think that maybe the band would end speculations that they are going to do a tour by actually coming out and saying sorry to disappoint but we aren't going to tour?

just a thought

Does anyone here think that maybe the band would end speculations that they are going to do a tour by actually coming out and saying sorry to disappoint but we aren't going to tour?

just a thought

I've actually started a thread along similar lines. A statement saying either, ' we're considering plans to go on' or 'thanks for the support but that's it' shouldn't be to much to ask in this festive season.

It could be the best Crimbo present we've ever had!

All I need to see is this sentence here:

"Members Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, John Paul Jones and Jason Bonham have so far refused to be drawn on any future plans to reunite."

All I needed was the word "true" haha.

I'm hitting the BS button!

The O2 show was a "rumor" for something like 4 months. Somebody knows something. If I recall correctly LZ has always loved to let the suspense build and build and then ZAP. Am I wrong about that. Anyway the rumours true statement really isnt oxymoronic now is it? Dont rumours become fact? Albeit I am a very pragmatic soul, I am also a faithful and one who dreams. I actually dream Led Zeppelin. Anyways if they don't well I guess these people just made the whole thing up about promotors, length and that Plant is going ahead with Krauss first. If it is a rumour and that alone I will be with everyone else and write these people a letter to tell them to errrrr get the facts straight first. If they dont at least we had the genie out of the proverbial bottle and we will see statements and nobody saying no they arent...

Shadow

Ohhh Merry Xmas all. I hope the way I cross my fingers doesnt offend anyone.

EXACTLY!!! At least one other person "gets it".......yes it's true...there are indeed rumors! :P

No I get it, I thought it was funny myself. Wasnt cutting on ya :D Wheres that pub I need a shot. I just love Led Zeppelin lol. I say thats what counts. I am tried and true and about as hooked and eccentric as anyone can get lol. Jeez, they should make morning breakfast cereal shaped like the symbols. I would eat the bloody hell out of them, the advert could go snap crackle pop Led Crispies ok? I belong here with the rest of you Led Loonies :unsure:

Archived