California Fires

Reggie29

Thoughts and best wishes to all the victims of the fires raging in California.

It was just reported on our news services in Oz.

I hope Strider and other members living there are safe and well.

We are entering our bushfire season so I can empathise with all of you.

Our planet is totally fucked. Record breaking hurricanes, drought, searing heatwaves, unprecedented rain in the sub continent. Australia is likely to break the all time heat records this summer (our OZ friends will concur I'm sure) and here in the UK we had no summer just cloud and rain and the winter is almost the same but darker. Last winter we had no snow or frost for that matter. In Spain and Portugal hardly any rain this year

When I was growing up we had warm dry summers and cold snowy winters. Now as I have said it is always the same. Cloud and rain and never too hot and never too cold. 

I feel for the people who have to live with these fires and the Hurricanes which flattened the Caribbean.

It's total devastation and it's only going to get worse.

These things are scientifically proven in detail and it's not arrogance at all, this people are well aware there are many forces stronger then human,

but it's known exactly how the human is significantly changing the environment, especially of appropriateness for human and other living organisms living on Earth and some are just trying to save things that were ruined by the humans themselves! Read about global warming for example! There is NO DOUBT about it! It's just whether you want to accept it before you end up in a total mess, or after a while and since it's gonna take quite a while many just don't care. But there is NO DOUBT! You can make a global warming experiment with a plastic bag and CO2. They can see with satellites, how much heat is radiating and was radiating forty years ago, they know the sun is simply not much of an influence, neither are other atmospheric forces! So you either do something about it, or just don't care and don't want to accept the facts, because you just want profit for yourself.

And Steve, I don't know what you wrote about an hour ago, because it got erased, but first you wrote something really bad about people, I just made a bit of fun out of you. 

But let's not continue with behaviour that only causes trouble.

Edited by SamoKodela

And this might be going into a direction of a 'political' topic, so it might be erased. I would just like to voice out, that I don't think problems of insults and fights should be solved by banning certain topics completely. I understand it's primarily a Zeppelin forum and perhaps the mods don't want to bother with a lot of other content, but as long as it's all reasonable discussion, all you have to work on is basically not allowing insults and fights, because people can learn things and progress if they can discuss everything in a civilised manner.

2 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The planet is fine.

Managed to watch 5 mins of this rubbish. Then again comedy can be controversial to get cheap laughs. We know, we had Benny Hill and the fat racist pig Bernard Manning (you tube the knob if he is allowed on)

But wait ! :slapface: There was me thinking that it was HUMANS who kill Rhinos for their horns. Silly me it's just nature after all.

4 hours ago, SteveAJones said:

The planet is fine.

You sure seem to be quite prickly Steve with your recent posts. What's wrong? Did some Japanese street prostitute turn you down again? Don't fret, you can always give Harvey Weinstein a ring and you two can commiserate.

On 10/10/2017 at 0:09 AM, Reggie29 said:

Thoughts and best wishes to all the victims of the fires raging in California.

It was just reported on our news services in Oz.

I hope Strider and other members living there are safe and well.

We are entering our bushfire season so I can empathise with all of you.

I'm fine but some others I know have had to evacuate. Anaheim is far from where I am. As was the Sunland-Burbank fire that hit a couple weeks ago. As bad as it is, I can remember worse summers as far as destructive fires go.

I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, about 50 miles from the Napa and Sonoma fires.  Air quality in the Bay this week has been worse than Beijing, Athens or even Mexico City! We're feeling it too, sore throats, head aches, nausea, etc. Ash is settling all over, I can't help but think "that's someone's home, business, their hopes and dreams", it may even be someone's earthly remains...

Edited by chef free

5 hours ago, redrum said:

My friend in Santa Rosa said he's OK.

My friend in Santa Rosa is also fine.  He says everything is really weird there now. 

Good luck to everyone in the area.  And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the wineries!

50 minutes ago, ebk said:

My friend in Santa Rosa is also fine.  He says everything is really weird there now. 

Good luck to everyone in the area.  And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the wineries!

Spots look like Hiroshima. :(

Can't believe what has happened out there! Looking through the ashes for missising people.  Tens of thousands without homes.  Horrific and still nothing from the annoying orange.

Edited by Walter

• 2 years later...

I'll take California wild fires and earthquakes any day over hurricanes and tornadoes.

Worst thing that happens in California is when it rains people have to look all over for where they last put their umbrella.

3 hours ago, kipper said:

Worst thing that happens in California is when it rains people have to look all over for where they last put their umbrella.

That's when the real idiot drivers come out, like 17 year locusts.

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard it all now, California is on fire again, this time caused by a firework from a  "Baby Gender Reveal" party, unfunkinbelievable, I know the world is mad but this. Seven thousand acres destroyed and three thousand people evacuated, Whoever lit the fuse should be made to pay for the damage/inconvenience.

Edited by JTM

43 minutes ago, JTM said:

I've heard it all now, California is on fire again, this time caused by a firework from a  "Baby Gender Reveal" party, unfunkinbelievable, I know the world is mad but this. Seven thousand acres destroyed and three thousand people evacuated, Whoever lit the fuse should be made to pay for the damage/inconvenience.

I agree, or jailed.

On 9/7/2020 at 6:08 AM, JTM said:

Yep, really stupid.

The area that is burning there in the Foothills of San Bernardino County is already very dry from drought. The state and county has numerous "red flag" warnings in California telling people the obvious stuff like no campfires, open flames, fireworks of any kind.  

So, this family group of mental defectives goes to a county park to have their "gender reveal party". For one thing the temperatures were already well over 100 degrees that day, and gong to be like a110-112 by noon.  But these retards go early to beat the heat to have their party, and like most retards they don't give a damn about all of the posted warning about the fire dangers and blast off their "gender reveal" cannon/pyrotechnics right near a bunch of dry grass and it immediately starts a raging fire.

MILLIONS of dollars in fire crew response efforts. Thousands of acres burned (and still burning). Thousands of people having to evacuate their homes, their animals (lots of horses in this rural area) .... and all because some asshole just had to go ahead with their pre planned party.

Who GIVES A FUCK what someone's damn kid's gender is going to be anyway?  When did this shit become a thing to have a gender reveal?  Sounds just like another excuse to pander for gifts. Like all the fucking baby showers and other shit isn't already enough?

Assholes!  We have too many of them in California.

spacer.png

"You ready everyone??"....

"It's a BOY!!!!"

Why do you need more than that? Idiots. They definitely should be made to pay for that fire - including facing legal consequences. If there was loss of life they should be in proper serious trouble.