What's the weather like where you are?

madison

ooooo....just finishing a bottle of that tonight. Yummmmm

It's supposed to ice over here tonight. And if it doesn't melt away tomorrow and I have to miss Mr Plant's concert, I'll be really pissed. May have to open another bottle of the Carmenere and drink the whole thing!

We are getting the ice storm, too.

I hope that you are able to make it to the concert, ebk!

We are getting the ice storm, too.

I hope that you are able to make it to the concert, ebk!

Thanks BUCK' EYE DOC!

Please be careful there, too! Ice is the worst. Give me snow any day of the week over ice...

Major storm will hit the northeast on tues night and into Wed. Over a foot of snow minimum in upstate NY

Hi SM!

I just arrived in Manhattan today for business, and yes, tomorrow is supposed to be another fun day of freakin snow!! All I know is I am flying out of here Thursday or hitching a ride with a trucker to get back to Atlanta to see Robert Saturday night!!! :)

Hi SM!

I just arrived in Manhattan today for business, and yes, tomorrow is supposed to be another fun day of freakin snow!! All I know is I am flying out of here Thursday or hitching a ride with a trucker to get back to Atlanta to see Robert Saturday night!!! :)

Hi Deb. My daughter lives in Hoboken NJ and takes the train into Manhattan every day to work. When she isnt flyiing to Brazil to see her fiance who also works in manhattan but was sent to Brazil on assignment. I am in Rochester and we are exected to get it earlier than the Big Apple to my knowledge. Still, your flight could be delayed. If you are flying out of JFK very good chance. Or Newark? Wish you luck. Enjoy the city if possible

• 8 months later...

Heavy Fog all morning in the Dallas area.... A perfect time for our local FM rock radio station to play the live version of "No Quarter".

But I'm just dreaming..... because to expect that from any of the corporate radio boobs, would be fantastical !

Bea-YOOOO-tiful!!! The Autumn/Winter is one of my favourite times in Southern California...while the rest of the country gets chilly, it is still warm here, but never in the 100's like it can get in the summer.

Edited by Strider

Bea-YOOOO-tiful!!! The Autumn/Winter is one of my favourite times in Southern California...while the rest of the country gets chilly, it is still warm here, but never in the 100's like it can get in the summer.

Ummm, really? I beg to differ. The NorthEast HANDS DOWN has the best Autumn has to offer.

Trust me. ;)

p.s. After all, can you wear a cable knit in freakin Cali?

Edited by planted

Hi all,

Dusting of snow last night,cold today.More on Saturday. :blink:

KB

Dusting is all you got, eh? Lucky bastard. There are people around me that still don't have effing POWER. Some got over a foot of snow.

Your mailbox is full, btw.

:)

Ummm, really? I beg to differ. The NorthEast HANDS DOWN has the best Autumn has to offer.

Trust me. ;)

p.s. After all, can you wear a cable knit in freakin Cali?

My dear friend, I never said we had the "best autumn" of the world. I merely said it was my one of my favourite time of the year in L.A.

As for the cable knit, I don't care about wearing one...it's YOU that I want to see wearing one. ;)

On my way to the 25th Aniversary show at La Luz de Jesus Gallery in Hollywood. It has been raining fairly steadily since late last night. Until about a half-hour ago, it stopped and you could see the sun trying to break through low in the Western sky.

I snapped a couple pics at the intersection of Hollywood and Vermont, looking west down Hollywood Blvd. The time was 5:50pm PST.

• 3 weeks later...

The winds of Thor are blowing cold.

http://m.nbclosangeles.com/nbclosangeles/pm_107879/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=MJnuIcNv

And to think that earlier it was such a lovely, sunny day. Now trees are being toppled, leaves are piling up everywhere, and I've seen more vaginas in one night than I have all year...thanks to the wind blowing up women's skirts.

How can a woman go commando in this weather?

I think I saw Dorothy and Toto whiz by earlier.

Later...whoops! There go the lights...power is out now and we're driving home in complete darkness.

Edited by Strider

Holy fucking SHIT! What a mess...and what a howling, groaning noise all night...I couldn't get to sleep for more than an hour or two. I have never seen winds of this power in L.A. before. The only other places I have encountered winds of such force are in the South USA and the Himalayas.

I got up early...couldn't sleep anyway...and this is some of what I encountered on my morning run. Green St. REALLY is "GREEN" now. Now I'm having breakfast at this place on Lake...it's sign almost completely ripped off.

Now that it's light out and I'm out and about, I can see the extent of the damage. Lots of beautiful trees destroyed. Cars, houses, buildings with trees and debris crashed thru them.

I know technically they can't call it a hurricane, but it sure felt and sounded like one. I don't scare easily, but last night freaked me out. There were times when it sounded like the earth was being ripped apart by the devil himself.

I haven't even made it to the beach yet...I wonder if the piers survived?

While the wind was howling there, we experienced something that is rare...at about 8am local, we were one of the warmest places in Canada and the US!

It didn't last long (it got even warmer here but so did those other places) but it was nice. A week ago we had close to a foot of snow on the ground.