Page Interview in Japan

stairway71

I heard about it before your annoumcement too Steve, thanks. But I agree with the rest of your post. People sure hear what they wanna hear, regardless of what is said.

I know you did Knebby. I just felt compelled to remind my critic(s) I shared it with this forum when I could have said nothing.

Hello:

I hope the CD, Mothership, goes well....A music store in my small community has a wonderful display of Zep works...

Juliet :)

PS Mr. Admin...I apologize if I wrote something disrespectful in the other thread that has now been locked...I don't believe I did but apologies to all if I did....

It is understandable that hope springs eternal but for me, I can't see reading into things and trying to figure out some hidden meaning. Until such time (if there were to be), something is officially announced, I too am looking forward to seeing Robert and Alison on tour.

I'm surprised people read a lot into Robert's comments at the Knick game the other night. :D

The original title for Early Days/Later Days was Blast Off! Atlantic changed the title just prior to release but not the cover art. I don't think Jimmy was ever thrilled by this turn

of events. Mothership took flight to right the slight.

Thank you for clarifying that, Steve. I didn't realize that record companies could change the titles of albums without the artists' consent and I didn't know that was what had happened in the case of ED/LD. Beyond that, Jimmy easily could have said something that would have convinced us that Mothership was a "must have" and that it was better than anything that had come before. He could have done a lot of things but he didn't. The man will always have my respect.

There have been some very misleading reports of this story. For example, Yahoo is reporting it in terms of "when" they tour, but even they couldn't come up with a headline that could claim more than "Led Zeppelin guitarist wants world tour." Well, duh!

That headline (and report) wasn't from Yahoo, although they did post it on their website. The report (along with that headline) was filed, this morning, by an AP reporter. http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PEO...-01-28-08-04-09

That headline (and report) wasn't from Yahoo, although they did post it on their website. The report (along with that headline) was filed, this morning, by an AP reporter. http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PEO...-01-28-08-04-09

Sorry, yes I know it was an AP report, but it is being posted on the Yahoo main site (with the link "Led Zeppelin guitarist wants . . "). That's what I meant.

Nevermind

Oh no, Wolfman. I'll indulge you. A "wider run" could mean just about anything from a new single to an 02 DVD release to one more show or even a tour. Yet it does not

necessarily mean anything. Besides, a lot can happen in the course of one summer.

I've followed the band since the 80's, and I think the chances are pretty good. Their comments have all been non-commital, and so yes, this is all much ado about nothing . . . for now. While remaining non-commital, they certainly aren't going out of their way to rule it out, are they?

English rock band Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page poses for photographers during a press conference to promote the new Zeppelin release "Mothership" in Tokyo Monday, Jan. 28, 2008. Page says that after burning up the stage in London last month with a one-night reunion concert he is ready to take the legendary band out on a world tour. But, he said, it's not going to happen anytime soon - the singer has other plans. (AP Photo/Koji Sasahara)

JPTokyoIIIJan08.jpg

JPTokyoIIJan08.jpg

JPTokyoJan08.jpg

Led Zeppelin Guitarist Wants World Tour

By ERIC TALMADGE – 1 hour ago

TOKYO (AP) — Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page said Monday he was ready to take the iconic band on a world tour after burning up the stage at last month's reunion concert in London. But it probably won't be before September.

"The amount of work we put into O2 was what you would normally put into a world tour anyway," Page, 64, said of the intense rehearsing the band did for the Dec. 10 concert at London's O2 Arena.

The band's three surviving members — Page, singer Robert Plant and bassist-keyboardist John Paul Jones — were joined at the sold-out benefit show by the late John Bonham's son Jason on drums.

Page, who was in Japan to promote the new Zeppelin release, "Mothership," said the two-hour-plus concert was proof that Led Zeppelin can still perform at its best.

He said the band, which formed in 1968, was ready musically to get back together and take it out on a wider run, but it was not clear when it would go on tour as the singer had other plans.

"Robert Plant has a parallel project and he is busy with that until September," Page said.

Plant and bluegrass star Alison Krauss will begin their world tour with a run of shows in the southern U.S. this spring. The two released an album in October called "Raising Sand" that debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard chart in the U.S. The duo will tour Europe in May before returning for North American shows still to be announced for June and July.

Page said the band set their standards very high before agreeing to do the reunion, their first in 20 years. Led Zeppelin broke up in 1980 after the elder Bonham's death.

Page said they rehearsed for weeks, apprehensive that the cohesion they had in the 1970s when they were at their peak might be hard to rediscover.

"We wanted people who might not have even been alive in 1980 when we finished to understand what we were," he said.

Page said all went well until he broke a finger in three places, forcing the band to postpone the show for several weeks.

"But we did the show, and it was great," he said. "It was instant in terms of chemistry."

Thanks so much for posting the pics. Jimmy looks so distinguished!

(and yummy :rolleyes: )

My partner woke me up this morning so I couls see and hear Mr. Jimmy Page on Japanese morning TV.

Unfortunately, all the stupid gossip show cared about was a ridiculous question about whether Jimmy Page had heard of some worthless Japanese pop idol who had released an album in the U.K.

Of course he hadn't,b but there was some gaffe with the interpreter who made it sound like he didn't give a shixx either way (which he probably doesn't, I certainly don't). Anyway, he was asked again and made it more clear that he honestly hadn't heard of her.

But I was happy to see Jimmy Page on tv and the first thing I saw today at that.

(who will be the first to post "Well aren't you special!..... could it be....SATAN!)

First thing I did was hit the forum.

The board is way ahead of me of course.

Ok, back to grad school with me, you guys can carry on with your arguing about if there'll be a tour or not and whether it's ok to talk about whether there'll be a tour or not and who said what about the tour first or not and who deserves what or not and... oh well, enjoy.

For the record....

Sept. 7, 2008 marks the 40th anniversary of Led Zeppelin's first concert in Gladsaxe, Denmark.

I'm not saying...I'm just merely pointing out the fact.

It's nice to be a Zeppelin fan now, isn't it? :)

Jimmy is looking good, and what he said at the press conference just plainly shows a lot of good sense. Of course many people are hoping very much for a full-on world tour by Led Zeppelin, as can be seen from all the wishful thinking in these new threads - in the guise of interpretations of Jimmy's remarks.

I agree with Magic Sam here: it certainly is a new situation when none of the band members rule out further shows in the future, and Jimmy, as usual, still obviously wants to do it. Only a few months ago a reunion in any shape or form seemed almost impossible. We'll know in a few months time what their intentions are, and that's not such a big wait.

However, if they decide not to do it, that wouldn't be the end of the world. Robert's going to tour with Alison Krauss now, and I expect those gigs will be great; their album certainly is. And as for Jimmy Page, he has written new material which he obviously feels very confident about, and it will be wonderful to hear - whether he records it with Led Zeppelin or as a solo effort.

Good times. B)

They will do it because they will become immortal legends if they come back and rock the stage. They want to do it. I never had the chance to see them because i am too young but i did get a chance to see Robert Plant and it was sick. They will do it because they might as well. I NEED TO GO TO THE SHOW!!!!

They will do it because they will become immortal legends if they come back and rock the stage. They want to do it. I never had the chance to see them because i am too young but i did get a chance to see Robert Plant and it was sick. They will do it because they might as well. I NEED TO GO TO THE SHOW!!!!

:rolleyes:

Archived