Who didn't deserve to go?

I must admit I wondered if they hastily lost the sign, or pretended it belonged to somebody else, or . . . :lol:

As for celebs--all the corporations associated with a show like this (the record company, the O2 people, etc.) hand out tickets to celebs. I know it seems ridiculous to think that a show like this would need any kind of publicity, but there it is--that's how it works. Hopefully donations were made to the Ahmet fund.

Thanks Melanie 72, you are right! I felt extremely lucky. Most everyone around me at the show seemed to feel like me. Knebby is right. Lottery, ebay, celebrity donation to Ahmet's fund... however you look at it- the tickets were all paid for except for 20. And all for a great cause. It sucks for everyone who couldn't go for whatever reason. But meanwhile- some of our favorite people got together and put on a HELL of a good rock concert. Every fan is lucky for that. Tour or not. Those guys played as "Led Zeppelin" Lets pray for a DVD and take whatever else we get.

No problem willibee!! You are exactly right. I am glad you got to go and had a great time and I too am looking out for the DVD. B)

I'm gonna give you my own pick,Paris Hilton,that slut should never have gone,i can't stand that she went and i didn't,i'm also upset about Kate Moss going,and i heard Tyra Banks went there.And Marilyn Manson!?!?!?!?!?!?

Share your thoughts.

Oh my god... :huh:

Also, I can see why you might deem the likes of Paris Hilton, Kate Moss and Tyra Banks as "unworthy", but Marylin Manson is a serious rock musician in his own right. What on earth is your beef, man!?

Are even rock musicians not deemed worthy to worship at the feet of Led Zeppelin these days? [napoleondynamite]Gosh...[/napoleondynamite]

:rolleyes:

Oh my god... :huh:

Also, I can see why you might deem the likes of Paris Hilton, Kate Moss and Tyra Banks as "unworthy", but Marylin Manson is a serious rock musician in his own right. What on earth is your beef, man!?

Are even rock musicians not deemed worthy to worship at the feet of Led Zeppelin these days? [napoleondynamite]Gosh...[/napoleondynamite]

:rolleyes:

Good point!

As a cool secondary kind of memory- i was standing a little right of the center of the stage, and about as deep as the second "block" of seats to the right. Which is where M. Mason was sitting. And various other music celebs. And it was mighty cool to sneak a peek and see them air drumming and rocking out like everyone else..... B)

After reading this thread I wasn't sure if weighing in was smart but here goes...We were sitting in the block of seats with "celebs" and I know people have said they looked bored, etc...all of them that we saw seemed to be having a fantastic time - really into it! Now, on the other hand...some of the "fans" that were sitting in the same row as us got so drunk and spent so much time going back and forth to get beer (and spilling it all over the rest of us in the process) that I wonder if they even remember the show. That is shameful!

We are true fans and felt extremely lucky to go! Hopefully they will do a few more shows and everyone will have another opportunity to get to see them.

If Paris made a massive charity donation than OK,but there is no way that all those celebs randomly got tickets through a fair lottery!I hope that they either 1)Made a MASSIVE charity donation (Not really a donation though if they only did it for tickets though,still,money for charity is good) 2)Are friends of Ahmet or the band 3)GENUINELY got lucky 4)Had a friend who GENUINELY got lucky.

But if you tipped the scale of fairness of the lottery with money and took the seat of anyone,even a poser fan,then it was unjust,i don't support those that got it on ebay that much but i'll except that as the way the world works.

It's just part of the game and you have to deal with it. If I were represented by a big mangement Co...all I would have had to do was call my people who would make sure I'd be there....it's that simple.

What about the fact that Page or Plant or Jones can.....and do do the same thing. Anytime a band is playing that they want to see....a simple phone call and it's taken care of....they are in. Is that fair to that band's fans? No more or less than celebrities at the 02 gig. Besides, take out the celebs and replace them with so called "fans"......you still are coming up 989,980 people short of making everyone who entered the lottery happy. The difference is a fraction of a percent.

It's just part of the game and you have to deal with it. If I were represented by a big mangement Co...all I would have had to do was call my people who would make sure I'd be there....it's that simple.

What about the fact that Page or Plant or Jones can.....and do do the same thing. Anytime a band is playing that they want to see....a simple phone call and it's taken care of....they are in. Is that fair to that band's fans? No more or less than celebrities at the 02 gig. Besides, take out the celebs and replace them with so called "fans"......you still are coming up 989,980 people short of making everyone who entered the lottery happy. The difference is a fraction of a percent.

how did paris get in? she couldn't spell led zeppelin let alone know who they are? just because she a party girl doesn't mean she should have went to this party

Its a difficult one !! as on one hand I agree with those on here that say everyone who got a ticket deserved to go ( IE the celebs as if someone in the know decided to give it to whoever then hey lucky them, I have and I know others on here too).

On the other hand being that it was a one off concert after 27 years, people selling their grannies partners, people getting Trampled Under Foot to get hold of a ticket, then people like say Chris Moyles and i quote what he said " yeah i saw Zep last night, it was ok, but didn't know one of their songs" you then feel for the people who wanted to be there !!

So I am half and half !!!

After reading this thread I wasn't sure if weighing in was smart but here goes...We were sitting in the block of seats with "celebs" and I know people have said they looked bored, etc...all of them that we saw seemed to be having a fantastic time - really into it! Now, on the other hand...some of the "fans" that were sitting in the same row as us got so drunk and spent so much time going back and forth to get beer (and spilling it all over the rest of us in the process) that I wonder if they even remember the show. That is shameful!

We are true fans and felt extremely lucky to go! Hopefully they will do a few more shows and everyone will have another opportunity to get to see them.

I said who didn't deserve to go,not what celebs didn't,i heard a story about two lads who got really drunk and fell asleep mid-Kashmir,they didn't deserve to go,if you didn't enjoy it,then the millions that didn't go deserve their place,i don't mind the band inviting people,or friends of Ahmet,or people with a proper charitable donation,but what about the ebay touts?you could have the ticket via lottery and £125 but if a scalper gets the tickets and gives them to the highest bidder then the world is messed up,a lad gets drunk,passes out,misses the gig,i should take his place,anyone who didn't go and really wanted to should have had that ticket.

I think M.Manson got a ticket off Page,fellow "Occultist's".At first i was against it,but i realize he probably enjoyed it,i'm just glad they came back,i still think the odd 1 in 100 or so (And there was 85'000 there) maybe would have been better off at home.

how did paris get in? she couldn't spell led zeppelin let alone know who they are? just because she a party girl doesn't mean she should have went to this party

I already answered this earlier in the thread. She went with her boyfriend, who is a fan and a Greek tycoon or something. He probably bought the tickets on ebay.

I already answered this earlier in the thread. She went with her boyfriend, who is a fan and a Greek tycoon or something. He probably bought the tickets on ebay.

I doubt Ebay even came into the equasion. Fact is....out of the 10,000 seats, it's normal in music business that at least 1,000 of those seats be held for people in the know. It's not like the long list of rock stars there entered the lottery. They simply made a phone call. Done deal. There is always a backdoor way in to every event. No event is ever "sold out"....not to an A lister. Even just minutes before a show.

The front section of the floor was a mix of a hollywood's who's who's entwined w/ a who's who in the music business....sprinkled w/ big name models and paprazzi hounds. I seriously doubt any of them entered any lottery.

Mick Jagger, Brian May, Ben Harper, Aerosmith, Heart, etc....etc... did'nt get lucky...they made a phone call just like all the other celebs.

I doubt Ebay even came into the equasion. Fact is....out of the 10,000 seats, it's normal in music business that at least 1,000 of those seats be held for people in the know. It's not like the long list of rock stars there entered the lottery. They simply made a phone call. Done deal. There is always a backdoor way in to every event. No event is ever "sold out"....not to an A lister. Even just minutes before a show.

Agreed. I don't know for certain how he got the tickets but I do know I never lost any sleep over it. I think it's too funny people are still debating who deserved to go two months after the show ended. The mismanagement of that whole event just makes me

shake my head. It was bad idea from day one, and it only got worse as it went along.

Their performance was the only saving grace.

And IMO....I still feel this whole event should have had tickets on sale in England only. If they do decide to tour, it would be a kick in the nuts to everyone who won the lottery and sold the family farm to cross oceans to go to this "one off" event...just to have them in their own backyard a yr later for a $150 ticket. They would probably do the same setlist anyhow....just tighter. ;)<_<

And IMO....I still feel this whole event should have had tickets on sale in England only.

Funny you should say that. I said the same thing last September and got pelted with

vegetables by, er, vegetables. My point then was an Ahmet Tribute had already been

held in New York, so why not promote this event as an English tribute to the man. I

would have restricted ticket sales (no ballot nonsense) to UK residents only. Passports or ids are presented at time of purchase and the same passport and id must match upon collection at the box office. Exceptions on a case by case basis through the promoter's

office.

The ballot became little more than a free lottery for a commodity of undoubtedly great

value. It got 20 million hits for this reason alone. Enough said; the mismanagement of the whole thing still makes me sick.

Funny you should say that. I said the same thing last September and got pelted with

vegetables by, er, vegetables. My point then was an Ahmet Tribute had already been

held in New York, so why not promote this event as an English tribute to the man. I

would have restricted ticket sales (no ballot nonsense) to UK residents only. Passports or ids are presented at time of purchase and the same passport and id must match upon collection at the box office. Exceptions on a case by case basis through the promoter's

office.

The ballot became little more than a free lottery for a commodity of undoubtedly great

value. It got 20 million hits for this reason alone. Enough said; the mismanagement of the whole thing still makes me sick.

It certainly would have saved a lot of face with the original date being postponed. Your correct about the poor handling of this whole event. It stinks of greed and ego. If this is what we could expect from any proposed tour....God help us

Archived