say hello to Mr Burning Spear

Mr Burning Spear

Hello everyone. I'm Mr Burning Spear.

I've loved Led-Zeppelin ever since I was a teenager. That was long ago, btw. I never got to see Led Zeppelin in concert, but I have been fortunate enough to see Jimmy Page and Robert Plant several times. I've been a lurker of this site for a long time, but with all the exciting (dare I say "tumultuous"?) stuff going on here lately I felt it was finally time to jump in.

I love a wide range of music.. including reggae, as you might have guessed from my avi and sig.

Anyway..

Hi. :wave:

I've loved Led-Zeppelin ever since I was a teenager. That was long ago, btw. I never got to see Led Zeppelin in concert, but I have been fortunate enough to see Jimmy Page and Robert Plant several times. I've been a lurker of this site for a long time, but with all the exciting (dare I say "tumultuous"?) stuff going on here lately I felt it was finally time to jump in.

I love a wide range of music.. including reggae, as you might have guessed from my avi and sig.

Anyway..

Welcome to the boards!

Funny thing about your name... my wife calls me that too sometimes.

Well, not exactly "me"

More like 'us'.

I mean 'it'

<_<

Anyway..

hey burning spear

i've enjoyed your music for sometime. i started enjoying reggae 25-30 years ago. began with brother bob now i listen to it all. hope to meet you sometime.

henry

http://precious-m.tripod.com

thanks, everyone. :)

hey burning spear

i've enjoyed your music for sometime. i started enjoying reggae 25-30 years ago. began with brother bob now i listen to it all. hope to meet you sometime.

henry

http://precious-m.tripod.com

Let me be quite clear, friend,.. I'm not Winston Rodney, The Conquering Lion, great reggae master and lead singer of the band 'Burning Spear'. Rather my username, avatar, and sig are in tribute to him, his spirit of speaking for the downtrodden, and his message of hope, unity and love,.. and to the message of hope, unity, love, (and revolution!) that was so passionately sung about by my other reggae heros.. Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Jimmy Cliff, Mutabaruka, Eek-A-Mouse, Steel Pulse, Maxi Priest, Black Uhuru, UB40, and more...

B)

fwiw though.. I'd like to meet Winston Rodney some day too. :D

~ th_reggae.gif

*Burning Spear-Live Zenith '88-Spear Burning*

Archived