Best version of Communication Breakdown?

Zoso2112

out of what i've heard

1969: BBC sessions

1970: Royal Albert Hall,Blueberry Hill

1975: Earls Court

1979: Knebworth

I liked Knebworth the best, thought the Earls Court was awful but still awesome cuz it's Led Zep.

Winterland 4/26/69. (in fact this is my favorite show from 69)...

and yes Blueberry Hill is my favorite CB. and very first live Zeppelin I ever heard next to The Song Remains The Same.

I was just 13 years old when a cool looking long haired guy moved in up the street. so of coarse as any young teenager would do, me and a couple friends went and asked him if he could buy us some beer....lol

he did :D and I had my Zeppelin shirt on and he asked me if I ever heard Blueberry Hill? I said no! so he put it on for me. needless to say I spent the next three months at his house asking him to play it over and over until he finaly made me a coppy.....oh yea this was around 1983/84 at the time....

Edited by Fresh Garbage

out of what i've heard

1969: BBC sessions

1970: Royal Albert Hall,Blueberry Hill

1975: Earls Court

1979: Knebworth

I liked Knebworth the best, thought the Earls Court was awful but still awesome cuz it's Led Zep.

What? I liked Earls Court a lot more then Knebworth. I also like the Oxford London, 1970 version.

It's not live, but a studio recording:

From Disc 1 of the BBC Sessions. I love the ending where they go into this little jam and Robert sings:

I don't want much

Just a little bit

I can't take it all baby

I just want a little bit

Give it to me

Give it to me

Squeeze my lemon

Just a little bit

Squeeeeeze my lemon

Just a little bit

Wooooooooooooah!

I don't want no...

I don't want no communication breakdown

All I want

All I want

You can't stop it!

My "ex's" favorite part of that Communication Breakdown is the Jam. She'd always ask if I wanted my lemon squeezed before we'd... :D

Edited by Nathan

Check out Denver '73. An explosive effort and pristine sonically.

I was considering downloading that show!....how is the sound / performance?

I also love the CB from the San Francisco show in 73.. man were the boy's on that day..... :D

Edited by Fresh Garbage

I had a vinyl bootleg (still have somewhere) BBC Broadcast, the Comm. Bkdwn was amazing, but sadly it didnt make the BBC sessions CD whereas everything else on that bootleg did, I could never understand that, big disappointment not including that one.

Usually I like the

the best; but then there is the other original ("I want my love...I don't want it all, baby, I just want a little piece, please" and the other one (lost performance). It's a panorama of virtual thirty-one flavors of Communication Breakdown that leaves me drooling in wonder at the ice cream counter. Edited by eternal light

I was considering downloading that show!....how is the sound / performance?

As I said, the sound quality is 10/10. The performance has to be 8-9/10 as well, though the soundboard portion that exists is only a fragment of the show (as we've seen numerous times with those '73 board tapes).

I am REALLY diggin the blueberry hill 1970 bootleg of communication breakdown. But I also liked it when they occasionally played it in '73. Whats your opinion? :D

fillmore 4/27/69 kick ass blues version

winterland 11/27/69 set opener and the song begins with "good times, bad times" intro. this smokes!

i'm partial to the '69 live versions....seems as though the band really muscled it. a writhing python of a number that could uncoil in a myriad of ways, but always with the fangs in the neck and bonhams' foot in your ass....

I am REALLY diggin the blueberry hill 1970 bootleg of communication breakdown. But I also liked it when they occasionally played it in '73. Whats your opinion? :D

RAH 1970.

Seems hard for them to beat that. It was smokin'

But then again, I haven't heard too many other versions than that.

• 2 weeks later...
'69 Texas Pop Festival - Page burns it up and JPJ does a short bass solo!!

YESSSSS!!! I just got this boot today, and it is the ABSOLUTELY most incredible performance I have ever heard! Never heard such guitar solos in my life, and everyone is just spot on. anyone who does not have this bootleg is TOTALLY missing out. before today, my favorite was BBC sessions, not anymore.

I personally like the one of the Danish TV (lost performances) the most. Robert's voice was still very powerful and..."orgasmic" (then it started to deteriorate a bit because of too much touring) and Jimmy did some awesome stuff as well.

YESSSSS!!! I just got this boot today, and it is the ABSOLUTELY most incredible performance I have ever heard! Never heard such guitar solos in my life, and everyone is just spot on. anyone who does not have this bootleg is TOTALLY missing out. before today, my favorite was BBC sessions, not anymore.

everyone is just spot on?....better listen again. :blink: