What's the Next Concert You're Attending?

Jahfin

Porcupine Tree tonight at The Tabernacle in the ATL.

UPDATE-IFICATION!

WOW.

I really had no idea.

Out-fucking-standing.

Had never really heard them, just went at the behest of a couple friends who are huge fans and whose opinion I trust.

Always tough attending a concert and hearing music you've never heard before.

Despite that, I was blown away.

Incredible musicianship and technical excellence.

They began by playing their latest album in-toto, took a 10 minute (literally, with a countdown on the video screen) break, and returned to play a set of their best/most-popular songs.

Standouts included Russia On Ice and Anesthetize.

If you like Pink Floyd at all, Porcupine Tree is mandatory.

That is all.

Edited by TypeO

I'm totally thrilled to be going! I absolutely love them and have never seen them live.

I know it's one of the most popular / recognized songs they have, but I think Love Is The Drug is such an awesome song.

My 2 favorites songs I think are Street Life and Amazona.

Should be an awesome show!

Lady Antebellum on July 13 with my daughters :blush: They don't know yet and they are just going to Totally Freak Out when they see the tickets, it will be fun to go with them :)

I really want to see the Dead Weather in DC on July 13 (lol, talk about going from one extreme to the other!) but I'm not sure if that will be doable on a weeknight. :(

(Just told the girls; could you hear them screaming?!) :lol:

Edited by Virginia

Going to see Lewis Black at the Warner Theatre in DC on 9/24. The last time we went to see him, my face hurt afterwards from laughing so hard!

And, I just got tickets to see Craig Ferguson at Carnegie Hall in October! I'm soooo excited!!! Love Craig and I've never been to Carnegie Hall. I may have 2 extra tickets if anyone's interested.

I am passing on seeing Eric Clapton at Cincinnati's Riverbend Ampitheater on June 30th as it is outdoors. I can't believe that I am not going, but after going to this venue last summer to see Cheap Trick, Poison, and Def Leppard, I don't think that I could tolerate being there again. And if it rains, it would be even more miserable there. I don't like outdoor concerts due to the poor acoustics, the crowd is more rowdy, I don't like hot weather, and it is difficult to concentrate on the music as people are moving around all the time, seems like no one can sit still.

My sons are going to see Iron Maiden at Blossom Music Center near Akron in June. It is an outdoor venue, so I decided to pass on this one, too.

Edited by BUCK'EYE' DOC

I'm going to see the Fab Faux at Radio City in NYC. It's a celebration of John Lennon's 70th birthday. They are playing a set of Beatles related Lennon songs AND a set of solo Lennon. Fab Faux is a excellent Beatles cover band made up of various late night talk show musicians.

Seen yesterday a fantastic show by John Mclaughlin & The 4th Dimension. Some stunning jazz rock fusion and JM still knows how to play that guitar. The band were tighter than the waist band in my jeans, now thats tight!!!! :oB);)

Have a great time at the Jazz Fest! I hope that you have good weather on Saturday and Sunday. Give us a synopsis when you return. We will re-live it vicariously through you. smile.gif

Sorry, haven't been on for a bit!

The weather wasn't great, but it stayed dry for Beck, who was incredible. He played quite a lot of the new album, though the highlight for me was Sly's I Want to Take You Higher--just seemed perfect for the occasion! The next day it did rain during the Dead Weather, who were on at the same time as Van Morrison :P , but they were terrific--100% energy, as always.

Sorry, haven't been on for a bit!

The weather wasn't great, but it stayed dry for Beck, who was incredible. He played quite a lot of the new album, though the highlight for me was Sly's I Want to Take You Higher--just seemed perfect for the occasion! The next day it did rain during the Dead Weather, who were on at the same time as Van Morrison tongue.gif , but they were terrific--100% energy, as always.

Glad that you had the opportunity to go and had a great time! At least the weather didn't dampen the Dead Weather, lol.

Jeff and Eric played "I Want To Take You Higher" at the MSG concert. It was great then, too!

I really like Van Morrison. I saw an interview with him recently where he said that he hasn't changed much, nor has his music, over the course of his career. I think that it was on "60 Minutes" or some such show. Very interesting interview.

• 2 months later...

Wish I could have seen Soundgarden and Wolfmother at Lallapolooza tonight, instead I saw Spoon and Phoenix last night with my daughter. Spoon is OK and Phoenix put on a good show but they are very one-dimensional. I also realized that if you're not really into the music, it's alot harder to ignore the obnoxious drunk teenagers vomiting and behaving badly!

Free outdoor picnic concert tonight,

MatisYAHOO!!!!!

I think he blends yiddish, hasidic and southern fried redneck into his music. Nothing better than piggin' out on bagels, lox and pork barbeque while listening to someone play their jew's harp!

BRINGIN' HOME THE BACON !!!!!!!

matisyahu.jpg

Now ain't that kosher!!