I just said some mean things to my wife

JethroTull

If you know you were wrong to say those things, I would wait a few minutes for things to cool down and then just go apologize.

Yeah, I just did apologize. She said she is taking the dog and going to a dog friendly bed and breakfast at the beach for a few days. I'm a jerk and probably need to go on anti-anxiety medication.

I hope everything is okay. Maybe you should send flowers or something? I don't know, I'm not good at this, it's just a thought. And you aren't a jerk, you seem nice, everyone flips out every once in a while.

I hope everything is okay. Maybe you should send flowers or something? I don't know, I'm not good at this, it's just a thought. And you aren't a jerk, you seem nice, everyone flips out every once in a while.

Thanks. I'm in the office with the door closed and I'm watching/listening to youtubes. This too shall pass.

Apologize and see if she forgives you. She is probably feeling angry and hurt.

Try not to say those mean words to her anymore; break the habit. Tell her that although you often say stupid things that you don't really mean you are working on being nicer to her.

Get into the habit of saying I love you more often to balance out the cruel words. After a while, the mean language should stop altogether for the most part. There will always be those moments of stress where you say something dumb, but they should fade in memory and be replaced by nice things.

If all she hears is mean things, she will gradually grow apart from you. If you want this relationship to thrive you must change a little in the way you communicate with her.

Call her at the beach and see if she will talk to you. If she will, then apologize to her. Don't go over there unless you can be nice. Remember that she is already upset and you don't want to make it worse. If she will let you and you can be nice, then you can visit. She probably needs a hug.

You must be patient with her because it will take her a while before she is calm and has recovered her self-esteem that you have stupidly attacked. Remember the beach is the place where she feels safe right now with her dog. You don't seem that safe to her at the moment.

Reassure her that even though you say some really dumb things, what you actually intend to say is I love you.

she's gone? cellebrate good times c'mon! buy a fleshlight and your favorite tv dinners and liquor..

maybe they needed to be said? then don't apologize like a coward. quit hiding and go tell her she needs to work on herself or to get lost. you don't need people in your life who do a little which benefits you and a lot to piss you off. if you're the problem she should tell you the same thing. or maybe you need to learn to suck things up a little more? i'm sorry if my advice doesnt help any. relationships are crack no one can really help you but you you have to put the drug down.

Yeah, I just did apologize. She said she is taking the dog and going to a dog friendly bed and breakfast at the beach for a few days. I'm a jerk and probably need to go on anti-anxiety medication.

Gee, that sounds familiar! Why are men so quick to react and say hurtful things. Can I join your wife?

I think a bed and breakfast is one of the best ways for a couple to get back to certain things. If you're really looking for advice, you should go and ask her for walks or bike rides - look into a sidewalk cafe - anything different?

A romantic bed and breakfast, and baby her and be nice. When you start to lose your cool and you're about to say something awful, just walk away for a few minutes and talk to the birds. Birds understand everything. Then come back and be your sweet self. She'll love it.

Okay, here's how the song goes, Please Please Please (works most of the time).

is your goal, or http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKzpaa9GIaM.

Baby, ev'rything is all right, uptight, out of sight.

Baby, ev'rything is all right, uptight, out of sight.

I'm a poor man's son, from across the railroad tracks,

The only shirt I own is hangin' on my back,

But I'm the envy of ev'ry single guy

Since I'm the apple of my girl's eye.

When we go out stepping on the town for a while

My money's low and my suit's out of style,

But it's all right if my clothes aren't new

Out of sight because my heart is true.

She says baby ev'rything is alright, uptight, out of sight.

Baby, ev'rything is alright, uptight, clean out of sight.

She's a pearl of a girl, I guess that's what you might say,

I guess her folks brought her up that way,

The right side of the tracks, she was born and raised

In a great big old house, full of butlers and maids.

She said no one is better than I, I know I'm just an average guy,

No football hero or smooth Don Juan,

Got empty pockets, you see I'm a poor man's son.

Can't give her the things that money can buy

But I'll never, never, never make my baby cry,

And it's all right, what I can't do,

Out of sight because my heart is true,

She says baby ev'rything is alright, uptight, clean out of sight.

Baby, ev'rything is alright, uptight, ah ah ah ah,

-Stevie Wonder

Another way of putting it is

So much for wishful thinkin'

So much for beginner's luck

It takes a lot to rock you baby

When it comes to love, you're double tough

And it takes a lot to rock you, baby

It takes a lot to make you smile

It takes a lot to rock you baby, yeah...

You make me crawl the extra mile

Little things that used to please you

Are all the things that I do wrong

It takes a lot to rock you baby

Tried my damnedest all night long

-Dwight Yoakam

I just said some mean things to my wife, Now what should I do?

Sleep with one eye open and you\'re hands between you\'re legs :unsure::lol:

I have to agree with you. If she\'s off to a BnB somethings cooking. Watch your back lol.

aw man,.. that sucks. :(

that means she's gonna have 3 days to talk the dog into hating you too. <_<

My advice:

tell her you're deeply sorry and that you'll

do whatever it takes to make things better.

Beg her forgiveness.

Grovel if you have to.

But whatever you do..

don't let her take the dog for 3 days!

[and for the love of God, man,.. dont let her catch you "watching youtubes"!! slapface.gif ]

Good luck. B)

the whole "flowers" thing don't cut it...don't do it, it's just lame...i'd say give her the three days alone. if she took the time to go through the measures to set it up...sounds like she needs it...respect her wishes.

First realize why you said mean things. And why you are online asking us what to do... ;) You may need to go out and buy a self help book like Dr. Phil's Relationship Rescue. Or something by John Gray or Gary Zukov. (that will impress her if you are trying to really work on the issue)

Make sure you call her on her time away from you and just say you understand, you are sorry and you hope you can talk more when she gets back.

Clean the house when she is gone. And do something for yourself that makes you feel good but something that is appropiate.

:D

If you know in yourself that you are in the wrong (remember folks, there are 2 sides to every story..) I would go with the simple but effective flowers and apology.

Yes there are two sides to every story...and then there's the truth :)

the whole "flowers" thing don't cut it...don't do it, it's just lame...i'd say give her the three days alone. if she took the time to go through the measures to set it up...sounds like she needs it...respect her wishes.

I think this is the best advice advice yet.

Is this the first time she has hit the skids?

How often do you say "mean things" to her?

If it's not the first time, you need to act quick, and get some kind of relationship help.

See what she says about a marriage counselor. But you need to be serious about it.

Good luck!

Archived