Songs that you can no longer tolerate...

Zepaholic

I'm driving home tonight, listening to the radio and for the umpteenth time i hear the pompous Sting screech...RAHHHHHHX-Anne.

I don't care, if i ever hear Roxanne again i'm going to stick a fucking steak knife in my eye.

I have more but what's yours?

Hi all,

Well,I think commerical radio almost makes one dislike certain songs,they play them so dang much.I've have always been of the thought that is I like a song,then I like it.Same on the flip side,......

KB(humbly yours)

D'yer Mak'er...putain de merde! I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I cannot tell you how many times I've heard this on the radio. I can still listen to Stairway without blowing a gasket, but I WILL NOT tolerate that song any-fooking-more!

Ok, and this is weird. I was sick and tired of hearing Lynyrd Skynyrd's Gimme Three Steps on the radio, but since I've bought the CD, I don't mind hearing it so much. Something about being able to choose when you hear it makes the whole thing go down a lot better. There's something irritating about it coming on the radio for the umpteenth time which makes me go into this cycle of screaming, "NOT AGAIN!" and then entering into this huge tirade of, "You have the entire Skynyrd catalog to choose from, and what do you play? This or Sweet Home Alabama every! bleeding! time! Why God, why?" It's much better to hear GTS knowing that the next Skynyrd song you hear could be something totally random like Sweet Little Missy, and not GTS AGAIN!

Things will get bloody if I hear Don't Stop Believing, though. If my radio wouldn't turn off and was stuck on one channel, I seriously think I would rip it out of the dash and hurl it out the window. I might not even pull over to do it.

I'm a bartender so two great ones were already mentioned: "Captain Jack" & "The Logical Song".

If another drunken frat boy sings "Captain Jack" or "Piano Man" I will put them through a wall.

The "Logical Song" is just annoying.

Any song off of Meatloaf's "Bat Out Of Hell" album.

I forget which restaurant chain that used "Sweet Home Alabama" in their commercials, but it spawned a generation of drunken college girls singing that at the top of their lungs. Normally I don't have a problem with drunken women 15 years younger than me but there's a time & place, & neither involves "Sweet Home Alabama". I prefer the sound of rabid Dolphins to that screeching ( the girls, not Skynyrd ).

I'm a bartender so two great ones were already mentioned: "Captain Jack" & "The Logical Song".

I forget which restaurant chain that used "Sweet Home Alabama" in their commercials, but it spawned a generation of drunken college girls singing that at the top of their lungs. Normally I don't have a problem with drunken women 15 years younger than me but there's a time & place, & neither involves "Sweet Home Alabama". I prefer the sound of rabid Dolphins to that screeching ( the girls, not Skynyrd ).

I know KFC uses "Sweet Home Alabama", don't know of any other chain that does. Somehow, i'm not sure i believe you about the "screeching girls" but okay, lol.

I can no longer tolerate "Black Dog". I have to really be in the mood for long time overplayed songs like Stairway to Heaven and Free Bird. I will agree on Sweet Home Alabama, too. There are plenty more i could name.

The two that drove me absolutely insane were the Celine Dion Titanic song and Whitney Houston's cover of Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You." :rant: God, those two songs made me wanna kill somebody.

Anything by Ted Nugent. I hate that man, and my dad loves his music.

I really hate the song Cruel Summer too, and my mom is a child of the 80s and listens to it a lot.

Ahhh! I HATED Cruel Summer! I remember a review of that album in a magazine that said Bananarama made the GoGo's look like Led Zeppelin.

Hi all,

The two that drove me absolutely insane were the Celine Dion Titanic song and Whitney Houston's cover of Dolly Parton's "I Will Always Love You." :rant: God, those two songs

made me wanna kill somebody.

Those are two examples of songs I listen too, once.Still don't like them.

Suz,you can kill me, but can we wrestle first? :P:lol::wave:

KB

Far too many songs to mention, in particular %95 of the music from the 1980s was complete and utter shite............On a more positive note most of the music from 1964 to 1976 was absolutely brilliant..defo the golden years imho.

Archived