LedZep1969

Whats your favorite Jimmy guitar?  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Guitars

• Sunburst Signature Les Paul
    • Gibson Custom Double Neck
    • Black Signature Les Paul
    • Other

I really don't know the name of the black and white guitar all I know he used it in Knebworth. My favorite is his Les Paul Black like the one he used at Royal Albert Hall.

1.pagelpmedium.gif

2.gibson-jimmy-page-electric-guitar.jpg

3.546424.jpg

4.zep_2.jpg

5.Jimmy has a lot of guitars but those are his main.

I'm partial to the really early years so...

The Dragon Telecaster!

Jimmy's artwork is probably the best custom paint a guitar has ever seen IMO... and the pickguard kicks ass. I also liked the "busted" sound.

That is one piece I would keep forever.

I voted for the Doubleneck too- I guess because you rarely see any other guitarist with one. However, I saw Steve Miller at Radio City the other night, and he brought out one for a song (red too). My husband said 'is he gonna play Stairway?' LOL (no he didn't).

There are a few other guitarists that use those. Seems like Page is the only one who uses that red finish though, although I have seen Pete Townshend with one, but he prolly smashed it.

Alex Lifeson is who I associate with the white finish, although John McLaughlin gives him a run for his money, but it seems to be the color that pops up most often.

Slash uses a black one as well, which I dunno if it was ever a finish option, from the factory.

Anyway, to the task at hand

I voted for the Sunburst LP. That is the Page guitar. The double-neck is close, but mostly b/c he used it for Stairway and imo b/c there are so many other guitarists that are recognized by the LP, Page can get kinda lost in the shuffle.

Is it just me, or do you feel uncomfortable whenever Jimmy uses any guitar other than a Gibson? I saw a pic of him with a cream Strat, and I felt like he committed adultery right before my very eyes. And that damn Dan Electro- don't get me started. It was blessed relief to see a Gibson in his hands the entire night of the O2 reunion show! :D

Like I said, I think it's just me...

ps-I vote for his Wine Red Les Paul - it's still my fave.

I'm partial to the really early years so...

The Dragon Telecaster!

Jimmy's artwork is probably the best custom paint a guitar has ever seen IMO... and the pickguard kicks ass. I also liked the "busted" sound.

That is one piece I would keep forever.

the artwork was painted over, wasnt it?

Is it just me, or do you feel uncomfortable whenever Jimmy uses any guitar other than a Gibson? I saw a pic of him with a cream Strat, and I felt like he committed adultery right before my very eyes. And that damn Dan Electro- don't get me started. It was blessed relief to see a Gibson in his hands the entire night of the O2 reunion show! :D

Like I said, I think it's just me...

ps-I vote for his Wine Red Les Paul - it's still my fave.

I don't Like strats.. and feeL reaLLy strange when I see him with strats in 80s. I just can't get used to it. But I have no probLem with painted one- I Like it, maybe it's because I reaLLy adore 1969-jimmy styLe. B)

I really don't know the name of the black and white guitar all I know he used it in Knebworth. My favorite is his Les Paul Black like the one he used at Royal Albert Hall.

The black and white guitar was used at RAH also, it is called a Danelectro. Page primarily used it for his DADGAD tuning songs (White Summer/Black Mountainside and Kashmir) as well as In My Time of Dying. The guitar was build from parts of 2 different guitars I believe.

The Black Les Paul at RAH was called a Black Beauty, it is a Custom 3 pickup model. This guitar was lost/stolen in Canada in 1971 I believe and Page was very upset. It has never resurfaced and is probably the ultimate Zeppelin collector's item.

the artwork was painted over, wasnt it?

Yes I think he since painted over it, unfortunately.

Knowing that Jimmy went to art school, I would be keen to see some of his paintings. I guess they are in his garage gathering dust.

Yes I think he since painted over it, unfortunately.

actually i think someone else did it for him, without asking first. :o

Knowing that Jimmy went to art school, I would be keen to see some of his paintings. I guess they are in his garage gathering dust.

Archived